Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#407397 27/02/10 04:17 PM
Jdog619 Offline OP
OP Offline
I need some tips yo defeat laiken. I have tried multiple times and i'm not even getting close. What should I ask Her to help me with, summoning, healing, or fighting? Who should I attack, Razukel, Laiken, or the abomonations? Etc. Any tips would be well appreciated.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I recommend having creature out full health, Sassan Healing you and as soon as you clear cutscene RUN/JUMP to your right into the V shaped corner. Let Sassan handle a couple of the pawns. Begin fighting from the corner ..if Warrior use rush attack on Razakel smack him around jump back to corner heal rinse and repeat. Or if ranged fighter just concentrate on Razakel from that corner. He dies=fight over!

aargh rpg008 Enjoy your tower!!!

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Jdog619 Offline OP
OP Offline
I finally killed him thanks to ur method. Thanks!! thankyou

enthusiast
enthusiast
headbanging in your new Battle Tower!!!! woehoe

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
C
stranger
stranger
C
i just charmed my way through his spwans and had me and her fighting lakian togather rush attack ftl of course i failed due to lack of healing pots

Support
Support

Where is your last save? Even if you can not leave to get more potions, a different strategy (as Dragonbane suggested above) may be much more effective than just rushing in.

The demon is easier to take down than Laiken, and Sassan can heal or summon rather than fight. Any spare skill points put into Life Leech may help (don't recall the level requirement), or a ghost or demon summon. With a Rush Attack you have a chance of stunning your opponent briefly, so even if you have to reload a few times you'll eventually get and extra hit or two in.

C
stranger
stranger
C
think my last save was right before the fight but i had already bought out the entire stock of pots both in the village and the other guy near bandit camp along with that fake sheild lmao got ripped

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just get out of Laikens line of fire and kill Razakel..... I tried laiken a few times and Sassan wouldnt follow me to heal...she stayed in the back. Once you get Laiken AND Razakel on you by his throne, no amount of potions in the game will keep you alive LOL aargh

Originally Posted by Dragonbane
Just get out of Laikens line of fire and kill Razakel..... I tried laiken a few times and Sassan wouldnt follow me to heal...she stayed in the back. Once you get Laiken AND Razakel on you by his throne, no amount of potions in the game will keep you alive LOL aargh

Yeah, that woehoe I stayed over in a corner on lower level and charmed the lesser mobs so they would pick each other off. Razakel focused on Sassan(who apparently can't die), as did Laiken when I was out of sight. That may have been an anomoly, as when all the other mobs were down, I went and attacked Razakel and he still focused on Sassan. Laiken's blasts or fireballs would hit me, but she would heal me and potions would do the rest.

It was really pretty easy. So much so in fact, that I almost reloaded my last save to test out and see if there was an exploitable bug. But I said screw it, I have my Battle Tower! delight I have kind of complained about the difficulty of this game in parts, but this part was really just too easy...I'm afraid I just got lucky though.

Is reality just a fantasy?
enthusiast
enthusiast
Most of the game is rather easy even on difficult mode IF you look to run, jump, hide behind, or outmanuver the enemy.Use the terrain to your advantage! The Opening in Laikens Chamber and the Opening when you assume Dragon Form CAN be overwhelming, but thats where those (save games) come in handy! oops div2 :hihi:

stranger
stranger
When I mind read laiken before i kill him, which was pretty easy on medium btw, warrior built, with the chick healing me... anyways when you mind read him he talks about a chest an after he kills us he will get whats inside an it will begin, is it the chest with the dragon stone in it, an do i have to mind read him to get it for 1400xp or can i skip that mind read an get the chest anyways? also before his fight when you fight the soul bound demon, an mind read him, he talks about lending a demons war hammer to some B-named guy, an that costs 1400xp, wheres the dude that he lent the hammer to and is it worth the xp loss? im still usen the 2hander you get in the beginning of the game that rhode takes from you an gives back to you from that ghost dude....sorcerers arbens sword

Support
Support

Mindreading Laiken will spawn a chest behind the throne, containing his sword, a divine charm, another charm and IIRC something else. You get the dragon stone after killing Laiken, anyway, so if you don't care for the loot you don't need to mindread him.

Barnabus is in a cave near the start of the fjords, which you can only reach after you have the dragon stone. He drops a hammer anyway (which is very nice, and I used it for quite awhile) and another hammer if you mindread the demon; I didn't end up using the demon's hammer, but the 'wasted' experience points didn't hurt any.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hahaha I ran round the back and kills laiken I was stood beside the corpse so he didn't hit me Except by magic priceless I am archer btw I think this the best method to kill him!!!

veteran
veteran
I had less problems killing Laiken with a Battle Mage Priest (mostly with priest skills) and using a two-handed flamberge smile

Next hero will be a Battle Priest biggrin

Where does it all ever ends playing this gem ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard