Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I got the quest from a ghost to get revenge, so I met the ghost at Cromwell's house, but I can't do anything there. There's a locked door to the dining room straight ahead, and to the right is another locked door.

I lit both candles, which triggered a cutscene, and the ghost went through the gate, but it's still locked and I can't get anywhere else.

Is that quest bugged?

enthusiast
enthusiast
You have to look for tiny buttons :[

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
OK, I technically beat Cromwell's house, but I couldn't find the button to access the area with the bloody arrow pointing at it. I even used "Fade from Sight" in the hopes that the negative image would make it easier to see any buttons, but no luck.

Also, that was a REALLY FREAKING COOL quest, and an awesome concept for a boss fight.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I never found out what the arrow was pointing at either, that or its pointing at the room to open the gate..to the room the arrow is pointing at? I dunno :P

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Nasuradin
I never found out what the arrow was pointing at either, that or its pointing at the room to open the gate..to the room the arrow is pointing at? I dunno :P

If the arrow is pointing at nothing, then where's Cromwell's chest key?

V
stranger
stranger
V
Ok, I assume this is the quest for the spectre named Caracalla?

For me, I entered the house and had the dialogue with Caracalla. Then I proceeded to the barred gate on my right, lit both candles and saw the arrow pointing to my right. I went back to where I entered the house and I saw a huge X on the wall. On the left of the X, there is a small button you can press to 'fade' the wall away. Pull the lever in the newly discovered room and the barred gate will open.

Read the note left by the dead champion and take the key from his body. Head to the other door which hasn't been opened and discover another body. Read the note as it is important. Ok, on the left there is a room which has a barred gate and two candles. Light both candles (I don't know what effect it does, but heck just did it anyway). Now head on till you see 4 candles on both left and right sides of the wall, light them up and a passageway will appear.

Go on till you finish the boss fight. Step on the portal and you will be teleported to the room which was locked earlier on.

Inside there are 3 chests, you can lockpick 2 of them but Caracalla's chest is locked correct? So to unlock his chest, YOU MUST REMEMBER to TAKE the KEY from his burning corpse at Great Market Square where you first met him.

Oh and by the way, you need not teleport back to the boss room to get out. There is a button near the barred gate which opens it.

Last edited by VictorTan86; 15/11/10 04:16 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
my problem was i couldn't find caracalla once i beat the boss in the dark 4 candle room to finish the quest - bug or am i missing something?

V
stranger
stranger
V
You don't have to find Caracalla my friend, just his corpse to get the key.

Just look for his corpse at the Great Market Square. It's the only burning corpse which has two champions standing guard over it, and a lady mourning near it.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I'm in the Academy looking for the orbs but only have two of them.
I am standing near the large broken floor downstairs and above me are two big lighted steps floating in the air. Higher than those steps is a cage that is also lit. If an orb is inside the cage, how on earth do I get it? I cannot jump into it or close to it.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Castle, try to equip and unequip the helmet as you move from platform to platform, new options will become available to you.

- Merdarion

A
stranger
stranger
A
I found the key before i entered, i've opened the chest, cleared all rooms, but the quest has not been completed!!! the only thing that hasn't happened is the barrier to the 4 candle room is still there - not sure if it's meant to be. All 4 candles now permanently lit (along with all the rest). Used button to exit room i was teleported to. All chests unlocked. Can't find any other buttons anywhere.

V
stranger
stranger
V
@ Araz

Hmm that is odd indeed. This is my 2nd replay of the game but I have yet to encounter this problem before.

I met a similar bug once but that was at the Phoenix inn (the critic character wasn't loaded).

Try saving the game outside of the Cromwell's house, then quit the game and start the game again.

It worked for my bug.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard