Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#429129 26/11/10 12:31 PM
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hello everybody,

I wanted to give you an update on where we stand with the patches - the bad news is that we won't be able to release them today as we still need to do one final round of QA on them, the good news is that we think they are final and it's been quite a lot of work getting them in place.

The main reason for the delay is that we had to recommence the patch creation process midway as we discovered some issues while testing the patch. We'll do our best to release the patches as fast as possible and are hopeful that they'll be ready next week. Because of the delay and because we don't want to keep you waiting too much, we'll release them as they come out of QA meaning that the patch release will be spread over some days, instead of releasing them all at the same time as was our original intention.

The major features of this patch are:

+Introduces nightmare difficulty mode
+Exposes the options within the configuration files within the graphic settings menu (eg. unlocking the frame rate)
+Solves the raze/invisible npcs bug
+Fix for the overpowered equipments and enchantments
+A number of minor fixes

The patch will be released for

-English retail PC DVD version of DKS
-French retail PC DVD version of DKS
-Spanish retail PC DVD version of DKS
-Italian retail PC DVD version of DKS
-German retail PC DVD version of DKS
-Polish retail PC DVD version of DKS
-English online PC version of DKS
-French online PC version of DKS
-Spanish online PC version of DKS
-Italian online PC version of DKS
-German retail PC FOV version
-English online PC FOV version
-French online PC FOV version
-Italian online PC FOV version
-Spanish online PC FOV version

An Xbox360 version for English/French/Italian Spanish and French/German will also be created but needs to be submitted to Microsoft before it can get released.

We have moved back the release of PC/Xbox360 demos to be able to get all these patches out of the door as fast as possible, but as you can see, it's quite a list and it's quite a big game to test.

Lar_q #429145 26/11/10 03:51 PM
veteran
veteran
Thanks for the update Lar ! wink

I hope a patch for the xbox comes out somewhere in january 2011 ... or later ?

Good luck to all the members of the Larian development team !!

wave

Note:
And don't forget that I do not stop thinking about all possibilities for your Next Action RPG !! If I give too many suggestions, don't hesitate to stop me ! :hihi:
smile

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #429152 26/11/10 04:42 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Nice! Thanks for the update, can't wait!
Keep up you excellent work!

Gaming machine : Win7 Pro 64-bit | Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6950 @ 1536SPs | X-Fi Titanium HD | 6gb DDR2-800 | LG 23" LCD 1080p
Rhezuss #429156 26/11/10 05:23 PM
I don't think I have ever come across game developers before that had such great technical support. Larian really should receive a medal of excellence. up

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
Rhezuss #429157 26/11/10 05:29 PM
Great news! Thanks for keeping us informed.

I was wondering, will there be a short-cut for taking all the loot in this patch? Would be really handy wink

Have a nice weekend!

-Elena- #429163 26/11/10 06:04 PM
U
stranger
stranger
U
Thank you Larian! I'm very happy to know that your team is still working to hard to improves what is already such a great masterpiece.

Unseen #429168 26/11/10 06:55 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
Top class. Really top class Larian.

headbanging

SnailOnAStick #429174 26/11/10 07:37 PM
Thanks for the news. Fingers crossed all goes well with the XBOX 360 patch!

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
old hand
old hand
Lets see If this X360 Patch gets released.
After the promise of the 1.03 for Vanilla X360 Div II.
Which never arrived, without a reason why despite lots of asking.

"I" Dont hold too much faith in a DKS Patch for consoles.

DivineGamer #429189 26/11/10 08:49 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Are there going to be patches coming to provide balance and pacing tweaks for the game, or will they be aimed more at technical issues? Ie. Facing horde after horde of constantly stunning enemies in the Flying Fortresses is annoying, not challenging, and going through Sentinel Hill at Level 20 when the highest enemy until the boss is around 18 makes that entire area a snooze.

Lar_q #429199 26/11/10 10:54 PM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Hello everybody,
+Introduces nightmare difficulty mode

Awesome :>

msoltyspl #429202 26/11/10 11:52 PM
old hand
old hand
Interesting, not that I myself could care about the patch since everything seems good already.

Lar_q #429223 27/11/10 05:18 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Oh Frack -- WHAT overpowered equipment enchantments???

I hope they aren't anything I'm using -- since I don't think I've run into anything that's over-powered -- since I can't make progress past a few BOSSes AT ALL....

but I really don't know what the equipment(s) are that you are talking about --

an you list/tell what you are talking about so we can know if we will be affected?

Please!!!
Thanks!

-Elena- #429224 27/11/10 05:24 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Yeah -- you need to add some keyboard shortcuts on ALOT of areas...

having to move the mouse up and down to select dialog choices is tedious and slow.

Please add keyboard accelerators!...like (y/n), for y/n,
Please allow ESC, to stop the cut-scenes and jump to the next event -- this is especially needed at game startup when everything needs to display it's little movie -- how many times do we need to see that?

But also , when I 'freeze' if I press 'i' it should show me the items -- it shouldn't take me to the general info).

When I 'load', it should take the latest time, NOT the last autosave. That's real LAME....same with continue when you start a game - seems to go from the last auto-save rather than from your last save.

I know that's all impossible for this patch -- but hopefully you'll include it in a future patch. IT makes it hard to play.

Lar_q #429251 27/11/10 10:30 AM
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Thanks for announcing the patches, Lar_q. smile

+Solves the raze ... bug

Does this refer to the overpowered damage Raze occasionally causes? Meaning - he releases a magic blast and you're immediately gone?

milorien

Lar_q #429297 27/11/10 05:41 PM
stranger
stranger
No marketing mumbo jumbo, check.
Interesting features added with new patch, check.
Above all, useful information about the delay and the delivery date, check.

I couldn't ask for more.
Thank you, Larian, this is much appreciated!

+Solves the raze/invisible npcs bug

Will the saved games be compatible with the new patch, especially the ones plagued by the invisible enemies at the Flying fortress bug ?

Last edited by Karmapowered; 27/11/10 05:41 PM.
Astara #429311 27/11/10 07:59 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Astara
Yeah -- you need to add some keyboard shortcuts on ALOT of areas...

having to move the mouse up and down to select dialog choices is tedious and slow.

Please add keyboard accelerators!...like (y/n), for y/n,
Please allow ESC, to stop the cut-scenes and jump to the next event -- this is especially needed at game startup when everything needs to display it's little movie -- how many times do we need to see that?

But also , when I 'freeze' if I press 'i' it should show me the items -- it shouldn't take me to the general info).

When I 'load', it should take the latest time, NOT the last autosave. That's real LAME....same with continue when you start a game - seems to go from the last auto-save rather than from your last save.

I know that's all impossible for this patch -- but hopefully you'll include it in a future patch. IT makes it hard to play.

Only two things here aren't implemented: Skipping the loadup video, and the Load function. The rest should be working.

james5272 #429323 27/11/10 09:32 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Thanks I was wondering whether to replay today again or wait for the patch. Knowing that the patch is imminent I'll hold off til it's done.

Catelee2u #429324 27/11/10 10:06 PM
stranger
stranger
Out of the box support of the Xbox 360 controller would be nice for the PC version. Also, make the middle mouse button functional.

Lar_q #429332 27/11/10 11:32 PM
addict
addict

An Xbox360 version for English/French/Italian Spanish and French/German will also be created but needs to be submitted to Microsoft before it can get released.

So it's not happening, right? wink

Well, all I can hope is that DKS is released for Xbox 360 in either Canada or the US. I'm not worried about any patches right now, I just want the game.

Last edited by Libertarian; 27/11/10 11:33 PM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard