Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Imarion #431136 08/12/10 08:53 PM
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by Imarion

For empty containers in some occasion you can mindread people and this gives you access to their container which were empty although they "tell" you that they hide something there.

Except this has still happened to me after installing the patch (e.g. in Fjords docks). I have also looted e.g. 1-handed weapons with +100 dmg enchantments, despite those being far less common now though.

jansuuta #431142 08/12/10 09:40 PM
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The reason why you still have this is because the state of your containers is saved within your savegames. If you start a new game, it should be fixed.

Lar_q #431220 09/12/10 11:22 AM
veteran
veteran
This is rather weird:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3676/changessteamretail.png
^-> changes between retail version of the path and the Steam one. Why those two patches with the same version differs so much? Consider the fact all other files between editions completely the same...

Anyway, the question is: if I repack the Patch.dv2 into main DV2s - wouldit work with previous (hotfix one) version?

I can't play the game with latest patch, the reason of that I described on previous page: new version ignores the LockSteMode directive and leaves it always enabled. I can say that for sure, coz when LSM enabled my mouse stop working (checked and tested on hotifx).

Kein #431222 09/12/10 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Kein
I can't play the game with latest patch, the reason of that I described on previous page: new version ignores the LockSteMode directive and leaves it always enabled. I can say that for sure, coz when LSM enabled my mouse stop working (checked and tested on hotifx).

Could you contact support@larian.com with this problem? I can assure you that this is not normal behaviour. Make sure the graphicoptions.xml is readable and that your account has permission to edit it. You could also try deleting the file and starting the game. A fresh copy should be made then.

Greever #431226 09/12/10 12:34 PM
veteran
veteran
I have tried every possible workaround. It is not related to the read permission problem,. since the game reads all other directives just fine.

I see no reason to send email, since I already described the issue and there is nothing to add. The game works fine without LockSteoMode but not with latest patch. Hmm... I will try to repack files.

Kein #431234 09/12/10 01:24 PM
The reason I suggest a mail is so that:
1) Not just me but also other people in our support team can look at the problem
2) You can add the diagnostic report from the support tool
3) We stop hijacking this thread

Greever #431295 10/12/10 03:42 AM
U
stranger
stranger
U
I finnaly got around to playing after the new patch and strangly now I'm getting the black screen with just the UI showing. I did not have that pre-patch. Is there a work around I might try?

it's DKS Steam version

(edit) I found what was causing it for me. For some reason when I have the "user Interface Desktop Resolution" checked in my options it causes this issue. When I have it unchecked it seems to be working just fine now. Might there be a more prominent way to fix this issue, or could it just be the way it's compatible for my set up? Regardless I'm happy it's working though but just wondering why with that option on it's causing this issue.

Unseen #431298 10/12/10 04:21 AM
U
stranger
stranger
U
Ack! I just read the "important note" in the patch notes talking about this very issue. Durr... feeling kind of stupid now.

Anyway thanks a bunch Larian.

Unseen #431531 12/12/10 06:37 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Hello Larian,
I just noticed that the FoV patch has new downloaders: now they finish with dl2, before with dl1, and they also have a different CRC.
But I downloaded the patch for the italian version and the files (setup.exe & setup-1.bin) didn't change (same CRC).

That's strange... confused

CatLover #431751 14/12/10 11:20 AM
old hand
old hand
The patchfiles you download are exactly the same, whether they come from dl1 or from dl2. Those are just two servers that mirror each other and balance the load between them.

The downloaders are indeed different, but you just need one of them.

Tweeting @forktong
ForkTong #431760 14/12/10 12:19 PM
apprentice
apprentice
OK, thanks for the clarification! smile

CatLover #444867 23/05/11 01:47 PM
I see Larian are still playing games in not divulging the download URLs for the latest patch which are:

http://dl2.larianvault.com/1.4.3/DKS/EFIS/setup.exe
http://dl2.larianvault.com/1.4.3/DKS/EFIS/setup-1.bin

Larian, this may be an awfully big thing to ask, but could you actually spare some consideration for those users who don't (through choice, circumstance or location) have their gaming system connected online - and those who prefer to have downloads that continue functioning if Larian go down the tubes?

The "patch downloader" is useless for off-line updating (especially now it won't function unless it detects a Divinity 2 install) and presumably uploads data from the system it's run on, posing a potential security risk.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard