apprentice
apprentice
Hey guys! So will the patch be sent to Steam today then? delight

Vladius #430339 03/12/10 07:01 PM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I really hope the new patch will arrive on Steam before the weekend ends...

zonaren #430344 03/12/10 07:57 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Same here frown I hate Steam's private patching system because even though you can have your games patched up automatically, which can save you some hassle, it takes quite some time before the actual patches reach them... Hopefully Larian will keep their word and send the patch to Steam asap.

Vladius #430354 03/12/10 10:43 PM
old hand
old hand
It doesn't take time to "reach them". They test it out and then have to deploy it etc.

Tweeting @forktong
ForkTong #430363 04/12/10 12:59 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ForkTong
It doesn't take time to "reach them". They test it out and then have to deploy it etc.

Alright, fair enough then! Thanks ForkTong laugh Hopefully it will get deployed tomorrow.

Lar_q #430365 04/12/10 01:24 AM
addict
addict
Speaking of getting patches out for console versions:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/03/xbox-360-ghostbusters-patch-fixes-broken-achievements/

That's insane. It's not confirmed that it happened because of Microsoft's poor process on getting patches out there, but I've heard many horror stories regarding Microsoft's certification process and such.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Libertarian #430369 04/12/10 02:34 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Libertarian
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/03/xbox-360-ghostbusters-patch-fixes-broken-achievements/

That's insane. It's not confirmed that it happened because of Microsoft's poor process on getting patches out there, but I've heard many horror stories regarding Microsoft's certification process and such.

Now that, I think, is the best example of what I was trying to say! Jesus, it took Microsoft eighteen months to finally deploy the patch eek ... I certainly hope Steam will be much quicker and I would really appreciate it if they would make an announcement when they finally deploy the DKS patch.

Vladius #430370 04/12/10 02:37 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Will the digital version of the patch work for Gamersgate? Or should I wait for GG to release it?

Vladius #430398 04/12/10 09:32 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Vladius
Originally Posted by Libertarian

Now that, I think, is the best example of what I was trying to say! Jesus, it took Microsoft eighteen months to finally deploy the patch eek ... I certainly hope Steam will be much quicker and I would really appreciate it if they would make an announcement when they finally deploy the DKS patch.

It wouldn't take that long at all.
If it did.
Ghostbuster devs would have been shouting and throwing jabs at Microsoft.

There was obviously errors with the patch and or it didn't meet regulations.
Even more horrifying, they could have only sent it off a few weeks ago!

DivineGamer #430477 04/12/10 10:12 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D
Still no steam patch? lesigh.

Dranearian #430478 04/12/10 10:15 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
cool a new patch that doesn't fix stutter and adds silly superfluous things like a get errything button. glad i got my money back..

mikes #430483 04/12/10 10:57 PM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by mikes
cool a new patch that doesn't fix stutter and adds silly superfluous things like a get errything button. glad i got my money back..

What stuttering? I never noticed any stuttering.
If you got your money back then why come here trolling? Well maybe that's because you're indeed a troll.

Von Paulus #430497 05/12/10 01:48 AM
apprentice
apprentice
How dare you add features developers! haha

----------------------------------------
GTX 480, i7 920, 6GB Dominator, Win7 x64
Steam: apoc_reg, Live: apoc reg, PSN: apoc_reg
Kirii #430575 05/12/10 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Kirii
Will the digital version of the patch work for Gamersgate? Or should I wait for GG to release it?

Yes it will, I bought the game from GamersGate and can tell you the digital patch from this site works perfectly.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
mikes #430578 05/12/10 05:31 PM

I don't know how you are getting stutter any more. Mine is set at 60fps, extreme settings, and runs as smooth as silk. kitty

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
Paris #430579 05/12/10 05:38 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Paris

I don't know how you are getting stutter any more. Mine is set at 60fps, extreme settings, and runs as smooth as silk. kitty

Agreed my game has but once been showing signs of lag, but that was when I left the computer and game running ALL DAY stupid , because I got involved with the family. Needless to say the game sitting stagnate for 12 hrs had a lot to do with it, for when I re-boot/load back to smooth sailing. bow

Vladius #430613 05/12/10 09:54 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D
Same here frown I hate Steam's private patching system because even though you can have your games patched up automatically, which can save you some hassle, it takes quite some time before the actual patches reach them... Hopefully Larian will keep their word and send the patch to Steam asap.

Uh, that's not how it works at all. Steam =/= Microsoft Cert. Any wait is entirely due to the developer's not submitting the patch to Steam, from there it's pushed to the content servers very quickly.

Example: Super Meat Boy came out on Steam on November 30th. The devs are compromised of two developers only one of which codes. There has already been three patches coded, pushed, and released with more incoming. This includes a silly unlockable character designed on the fly in response to PETA's nonsense. This would not be possible if it required anything you described. You can follow them on twitter and see for yourself, it only takes about 3-4 hours for the patch to be released once they upload it. At the very most they may run a small test to make sure it doesn't completely corrupt the game or cause your PC to become afflicted with the black plague, but that's it. This isn't GFWL or the 360.

The reason why DKS hasn't been patched on Steam yet is because the devs haven't provided them with the patch. That's it.

Dayren #430628 05/12/10 11:59 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Dayren

Uh, that's not how it works at all. Steam =/= Microsoft Cert. Any wait is entirely due to the developer's not submitting the patch to Steam, from there it's pushed to the content servers very quickly.

Example: Super Meat Boy came out on Steam on November 30th. The devs are compromised of two developers only one of which codes. There has already been three patches coded, pushed, and released with more incoming. This includes a silly unlockable character designed on the fly in response to PETA's nonsense. This would not be possible if it required anything you described. You can follow them on twitter and see for yourself, it only takes about 3-4 hours for the patch to be released once they upload it. At the very most they may run a small test to make sure it doesn't completely corrupt the game or cause your PC to become afflicted with the black plague, but that's it. This isn't GFWL or the 360.

The reason why DKS hasn't been patched on Steam yet is because the devs haven't provided them with the patch. That's it.

Hmm, I can see that now laugh It's just frustrating to see that us Steam users haven't got the patch yet while everybody else has.

Vladius #430646 06/12/10 04:13 AM
Why does this "patch" link to a downloader application rather than the files themselves? It causes inconvenience for those who use a separate system for Internet access.

For those who prefer direct links, the downloader retrieved the following files:

dl2.larianvault.com/1.4.2/DKS/EFIS/setup.exe
dl2.larianvault.com/1.4.2/DKS/EFIS/setup-1.bin

Steam users should note that Valve can take some time with patches (as detailed here by another developer) unless pressed. However that should be a minor inconvenience considering the other downsides of Steam (notably that Valve can disable your account at any time denying you access to all your purchases).

Last edited by Stargazer; 06/12/10 04:17 AM.
Stargazer #430651 06/12/10 05:20 AM
D
stranger
stranger
D
pretty simple.. Don't charge back on valve unless you are able to prove it wasn't you that did the charge. Period.

If you contact them through your Credit Card company saying it was fraudulent they wont nuke your account. But if you charge back = bye bye.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard