I just registered to offer some feedback on this patch.
The patch works fine on dual GTX285s set up for SLI and also seems to have fixed two issues I was having:
- Update: just returned to Champion Harbor from Aleroth and the anti-dragon shields are mostly invisible again.
The surfaces of anti-dragon zones would sometimes disappear after using teleport pads, leaving only the faint reddish glow which could barely be seen.
- It was possible to fall through the deck near the base of the ladder at Camp Eagle's Nest in Orobas Fjord.
I set the frame rate cap to 60 because 30 is noticeably sluggish on my system. My computer has no issues running this game at ultra settings, which is very nice. Oh and I'm using a 1920x1200 PC display.
I wrote down a few other issues I was having and haven't been able to check all of them (will require new character). They're here for your consideration, at least.
Verified issues that still exist after this patch:
- Spontaneous Combustion jewelry enchantment scrolls have weapon icons and say "Weapon Enchantment" in the tooltip. However, when learned they properly appear with other jewelry enchantments.
- Use of the Dragon Stone always places the character into combat mode upon arriving at new location. I know it's cosmetic but please change it.
Issues I noticed while playing with last patch; untested with this patch:
- "Benedict's Diary" is placed under the quest tab in inventory but the other two diaries aren't. Even if they are quest items, completing the quest doesn't remove them, and because Benedict's diary is in the quest tab I can't sell it or destroy it (I can sell the other two).
- The key on the chandelier in the stairway down to Maxos' Temple Library doesn't seem to have a use. I'm done with the Fjords and still have that one key in my inventory.
- On Sentinel Island, I watched Eleanor fall through the map every time she approached her tent, and pop out again when walking back to her husband's kettle.
- Static objects sometimes move when the character approaches, and if they can't move they often get stuck playing an annoying, looping collision sound effect. Sometimes it kills my game sound and I have to exit to desktop and re-launch the game.
I recently downloaded the DKS version of D2 here in the US (from Amazon) and I've been enjoying it a lot. Have to say this game has given me more laughs and enjoyment than any other game I've played in recent years.
Edited by Endurium (12/02/10 09:13 PM)
Edit Reason: glitch not fixed as I originally thought