Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I am in the Depleted Ore Mines in The Orobas Fjords. Am in the room with the ledges that you jump on and they continue to go higher. Have made it to the top. Pulled the lever and it shows two extra ledges. The disappear in a hurry. Is there some trick to reaching them or do I just have to be really fast getting to them? Also there are three pedestals in the Depleted Mine that do nothing when I use them. Are the ledges and the pedestals related? I have killed everything in the mine. Thanks for your help. I am not one to give up and those ledges are making me nuts!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I am in the Depleted Ore Mines in The Orobas Fjords. Am in the room with the ledges that you jump on and they continue to go higher. Have made it to the top. Pulled the lever and it shows two extra ledges. They disappear in a hurry. Is there some trick to reaching them or do I just have to be really fast getting to them? Also there are three pedestals in the Depleted Mine that do nothing when I use them. Are the ledges and the pedestals related? I have killed everything in the mine. Thanks for your help. I am not one to give up and those ledges are making me nuts! [/quote]

Support
Support

For the platform section, did you save before activating the switch at the top? It took me a few tries, but with good timing, and starting off facing where the platforms will be, it is possible to jump up both before they disappear. There is a lever or button on the second platform which will fix them in place and cause a chest to appear on the ground near the entrance of the room, which you will need to drop off the platform quickly in order to reach before it disappears. In D2:ED it had a potentially decent legendary quality random item (good enough to try a few times for, but not enough to worry about if you can not get it with a reasonable effort); that may have been changed in DKS.

There are another 3 pedestals one level lower than the empty ones, with books on them. Check out the area around the pedestals before moving the books...

stranger
stranger
I moved to the far corner next to the lever you pull to make the ledges appear and saved. From there, yes, it's a matter of practise. I didn't think I'd ever make it. *spoiler* On the 2nd disappearing ledge there's a pressure plate. Make sure to step on it and then just jump.

"That's not failure it's re-defined objectives" The Penguins of Madagascar
"You are confusing cowardice with tactical retreat" Masuka, Dexter
Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks Raze and Stilleto. Yes. Saving is one of the things I do best:) I could see the pressure plate on the highest ledge. Wasn's sure how important of a find it was. So didn't want to give up. Thanks for the tip on the pedestels. Back at it I go!

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard