Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I was wondering when FoV will comeout for xbox 360, because i've already got D2 ego draconis and i don't want to play the whole game over again for dragon knight saga.

Support
Support

FoV is too large to be released as DLC on the Xbox, as was originally intended, and Larian couldn't get just the add-on published. It is only available as part of DKS (where you can start a new level 35 character at the beginning off the add-on if you don't want to replay from the start of the game).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DragonXD
I was wondering when FoV will comeout for xbox 360, because i've already got D2 ego draconis and i don't want to play the whole game over again for dragon knight saga.

Like Raze already said: you can play from the start of FoV if you buy Divinity II The Dragon Knight Saga for your Xbox wink

But ...

I can understand (a "little bit") you don't want to replay Ego draconis from the early start ...
... but ... do you know the DKS is soooooooo much more fun ?? Yes of course it is ! The DKS is freaking awesome remastered !!! Comparing the DKS (=remasterd Ego Draconis & FoV togehter for a reasonable price!) with Ego Draconis (first version)... I only can say you WANT replay the whole game immediately !! wink

Go for it, that's the only thing I wish to say to everybody who's doubt about replay or not ... But, ...the choice is all yours !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
So it's never going to come out on xbox? I did hear that it was too large so can't you publish it as a disk on it's own? but meh I'll prob buy DKS if you can start at level 35 laugh

Support
Support

No, Larian couldn't get FoV published on DVD for the Xbox, and the English PC version is only available as digital download (the German PC version was the only DVD release of FoV).

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Well in that case it is a waste of money paying twice for part of the game i've already got but ohwell

veteran
veteran
Hi DragonXD,

if you buy the DKS for Xbox you can start where you want:
in Farglow, the beginning of Ego Draconis(remastered !!!) as a level 1 hero ,
OR
in Aleroth, the beginning of Flames of Vengeance (of course, also from the same remastered quality) as a level 35 hero.

It's up to You ! wink

PS : I start in Farglow and I've no regret do it like this smile !!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Yeah but it's still a waste of money like couldn't larian put side quests on dlc for free and like the actual game for the amount of points they are so he could fit it in?

Support
Support

Is DKS really that much more expensive than a DVD release of FoV would have been on the Xbox?

Microsoft has limits on the size and number of updates that can be made for Xbox titles, as well as restrictions on what can be released for free. Any attempt to split up the add-on into chunks under the DLC limit would be vetoed. If FoV on the Xbox was the same size as on PC, Larian would have to split the add-on into 3 sections, so it would be kind of hard to slip that by MS unnoticed.
Even if removing the side quests, etc, could get the core and side quests (etc) separately under the limit, there is no guarantee that side quests could be released for free.
Another game was mentioned here awhile ago (don't recall the name), where the PC version had some free map packs released, but due to MS' restrictions the Xbox version did not, despite the developer's intent to do so; the maps eventually got included in a later add-on.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
You don't get it though what's the point in buying part of the game I already have?

Support
Support

I do 'get it', and was attempting to explain the realities confronting your position. I was in the same situation myself, and would have originally preferred to just get FoV. With the various changes and improvements made in DKS, being required to 're-buy' the D2:ED section became much less of a problem, especially considering a relatively small price premium over what just the add-on would have been.

Practically, Larian can not get Microsoft to change their DLC policies and can not make publishers want to distribute just the add-on. At some point during development they would have realized it was going to be larger than the limit, and must have looked at what they would have needed to do to keep it under, obviously deciding, or having it decided for them, that it was not possible.

As much as you, or even Larian, may wish otherwise, if you want to play FoV on the Xbox, your only option is DKS. If you are convince the changes in the D2:ED section are not worth it, then wait for the price to drop, or don't buy it at all.

veteran
veteran
Yeah and I was in the same position as Raze and many other gamers : I had already bought Ego Draconis !
But I buy the DKS for a price I would pay for an add-on only (Flames of Vengeance!),
However, buying the DKS for Flames of Vengeance GIVE me also the WHOLE game + add-on FoV,
SO .... in fact it was a extra nice reward (the Remastered Ego Draconis!!),
to KNOW that Flames of Vengeance is on his OWN a brand new RPG for at least 20 hours of gameplay, if you do NOT thoroughly exploring all locations and do all (side)quests, puzzles, mindreadings, do lot of trading, discover all secrets, etc etc ... !! *

* I think I will busy with FoV for at least 50 hours!)

stranger
stranger
I was contemplating to get FoV - since I really enjoyed playing Ego Draconis - Im set back by the policy of Larian...

When I bought the game in sept last year, it was nearly 40 EUR.
And now I'd have to shell out another 40 EUR just to get (an improved) ED + FoV?
I only want the FoV addition, but apparently, being an xbox user, Larian things the money grows on tree owned by xbox users.

Sadly to say, if Larian could not allow it to become DLC (exchange for MS points), another option would have been to *update* the remastered as DLC content and bring out the FoV as a seperate additional DVD for lets say 20 EUR or so.

Hell will have to freeze over before I'd decide to buy this 'double' pack again - unless someone else buys my old set for 30 EUR or so (hopefully they havent heard about FoV yet). Or I will wait untill it drops below the 20 EUR threshold - then it becomes interesting.

It also makes me think twice to buy any other Larian product.

@Joram: I dont know but paying 40 for the 'old' one and again 40 for the new one is not something I consider a reasonable price for an add on.

veteran
veteran
Hmm... but 40 euro for an Xbox game isn't that much! Mostly all xbox games cost at least 55 or 60 euro's!
But you have a point! It's indeed sadly & now my (and many?) original Ego Draconis is making "dust" in a corner of a room .... but ... It stay on my HDD of my Xbox, still. Maybe just for fun to "see" again the differences with the DKS ?

But to say: I prefer to spend more money on 1 big awesome masterpiece of a RPG than buying 10 mediocre RPG's (that costs me many more euro's!) ... but that's my opinion wink
I bought also in 2010 other RPG's on Xbox, but in fact I was very stupid because I know I can only play 1 RPG at the time ... till the time I'm ready with the DKS the other RPG's are more cheaper to buy ... but yeah, money (rolling out of my pocket) makes the world go round biggrin

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Marco is right I spent £22 on D2 ED and now I'm having to pay another £22 on part of the game I already have just for FoV. If larian made another game I would think twice before buying it. but joram i get your point it's "reworked" it has better graphics and but it still is the same story line. IMO larian should just remove some stuff so he could put it on simple as that. all we need is the storyline mostly it's just making a shit ending better.

veteran
veteran
Hmmm... I can yes nothing more ... than to add this: NOT only the graphics are better ... also many loot by exploring & trading is changed in de very good way and last but not least now the DKS has more balance wink

But I can understand your frustrations about your wasted money .. it's indeed a sad thing, but I'm sure it was because of Microsoft and the Xbox ! Plus, Divinity II is the very first game Larian bring on the market on Xbox too !
Nobody is perfect and "there's also a learning curve..." Without learning via mistakes, you never learn if you don't try and make some risks ....

U
stranger
stranger
U
Is the FoV expansion really that much larger than Dragon Ages' expansion "Awakening"? From what I've read FoV is roughly an extra 20 hours of game play which is roughly what I would expect Awakening to be from Dragon Age so I don't understand why one file would be that much larger than the other.

Support
Support

The PC version of FoV is 5.68 GB, while Awakening is 2.15 GB. FoV includes patches, changes and additions to D2:ED, as well as the add-on content, which I assume accounts for at least some of the size difference. Awakening may also re-use more resources from the original game than FoV, etc.

Welcome to the forum. wave

apprentice
apprentice
I just started to play DKS, I have completed ED two times before, but when I started playing DKS I first chose to play from lvl 35 and that, but after I spoke to the first guy you meet and after choosing stats and skills I did not really feel like it was "my hero" or "me playing", it just felt like a random dude. Therefore i played from the start instead. I must thank myself for doing that, almost right away. But there is just one thing... When people talk, their mouths do not seem to "move" the way they should, what I am trying to say is that i think either the voice or the animation is delayed, or something like that. Maybe it is just my copy... Xbox 360 version. Or Larian Studios wasted less time on the animatons for DKS, but do they not use the same animations for DKS as for ED. Anyway, I do not believe that, but I never thought about this in ED. I dont know, the only thing I know is that it looks stupid!

And there is one more thing. For me atleast, the loading time is increased by like 100% which is a lot longer than in ED. Why??? It takes like 40 seconds to go out from a building! It was not like this in ED, why now?

I am going to compare the two games now... To refresh my mind...

veteran
veteran
When I talk with a NPC I mostly only "listen" to their voice and what they have to say and I'm not so attent to look at the NPC's mouth wink

Yes, the loading times are sometimes (or mostly!) long ... but by me not longer than with Ego Draconis (both on Xbox).
What I do is going to the kitchen, take some food and if I'm back the loading time is over. Next time I go for a drink or do something at home like make dishes or making plans for the day after today or tomorrow biggrin ... so, very imporant(!!!), to make a plan when I can play further with the DKS :hihi:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard