Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
[Linked Image]

Divinity II -The Dragon Knight Saga U.S. demo now available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace! Experience the remastered version of the Divinity II saga and get a taste for the full adventure by visiting Xbox LIVE Marketplace and downloading the free demo for Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga today!

Pre-order the game and you’ll get the artbook (52 pages) and the original soundtrack for free!

Get a glimpse of the glorious adventure you’re about to embark on watch the trailer ! You will find all the information you need to know about Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga, its characters, monsters, and the entire fantasy universe that will captivate you!

Watch the Divinity II Trailer

Watch the Soundtrack Trailer to get a sample of Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga’s rousing musical score - which is included FREE inside every launch Xbox 360 copy of the game in North America - along with some lovely scenery and footage from the game.

Official website: http://www.divinity2-saga.com/

Release Date: 12 April

Last edited by lynn; 05/04/11 08:27 AM.
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga demo has been temporarily removed from Xbox LIVE Marketplace and will return very soon after technical problems are resolved.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

stranger
stranger
So, it's now been a week since the demo was supposed to be out and its still not back after being pulled. Are we any closer to seeing the demo?
I don't want to nag, but I really want to play it.

Cheers

old hand
old hand
Sadly it has to go through certification at Microsoft again, which'll delay it by one to two weeks. It's even more frustrating if you think that the only reason for the delay is that two files were missing on the live image which in theory could easily be added, but that's the way it is frown

stranger
stranger
Well that sucks, but thanks for letting us know, I appreciate it.

One to two weeks, eh? Looks like I'll be playing the real game before the demo comes out. Ah well, all's well that ends in me playing DKS.

Cheers

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Sadly it has to go through certification at Microsoft again, which'll delay it by one to two weeks. It's even more frustrating if you think that the only reason for the delay is that two files were missing on the live image which in theory could easily be added, but that's the way it is frown

Thanks for letting us know! Saves the (apparently fruitless) suspense of checking every day. Oh well, would've been nice to have had a preview, but it's coming out in two weeks anyways.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lar_q

That sucks.

Oh well, you already had my sale. I don't need a demo.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga (Xbox 360) game demo is back on Xbox LIVE Marketplace! Download it today, and let us know what you think!

Experience the remastered version of the Divinity II saga and get a taste for the full adventure by visiting Xbox LIVE Marketplace and downloading the free demo for Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga today!

Pre-order the game and you’ll get the artbook (52 pages) and the original soundtrack for free!

Get a glimpse of the glorious adventure you’re about to embark on watch the trailer ! You will find all the information you need to know about Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga, its characters, monsters, and the entire fantasy universe that will captivate you!

Watch the Divinity II Trailer

Watch the Soundtrack Trailer to get a sample of Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga’s rousing musical score - which is included FREE inside every launch Xbox 360 copy of the game in North America - along with some lovely scenery and footage from the game.

Official website: http://www.divinity2-saga.com/

Look forward to the game's release on April 12th.

stranger
stranger
It's really there. It's really awesome. And it's really long. I've played through everything twice now and it's taken me probably a good five to six hours to do that. Very nice.
Great improvements overall. Really enjoying everything, especially the ability to save!!!
Thanks guys.

Cheers
stranger
stranger
Heyyy, it's nice being able to see all the object and doors I was supposed to be interacting with. Makes a whole lot more sense now!

Cam
XBL: Buff Beefbroth
https://www.variableghz.com
The game plays MUCH smoother. It is going to be a pleasure playing through it again, as well as experiencing Flames of Vengeance for the first time. $39.00 for an already great game with 30 extra hours added on to it, plus an art book and soundtrack for free... just an incredible offer. I hope this game gets the sales it deserves.

addict
addict
Sorry, but i have issues with the demo.

First of all the camera and character movement. These two things are what made ED for me. Being
able to land the killing blow with duel weapons in that sweeping motion, where your character goes to one knee. Them pause and rotate the camera in that MATRIX style was the greatest thing since they
put red in a tomato. Granted you can still do that but the camera is too close to give the same effect.The player should at least have the option of moving the view, because it completely changes the gameplay.

The character movement has changed and honestly not a welcomed one. In ED if an enemy flanked your back you could pull back on the stick and spin around and start hammering him in the face and now
you just back up in to him. The camera issue doesn't help... I realize that they tried to compliment
this action with the camera snapping to your back, and yet another unwelcomed change. Like the killing move, it was great to run face-first into the camera and leap off a cliff then transform. You can't do that now...

You have got to be in a buffer zone to inneract with a loot bag or NPC. If you're standing too close
it or them it won't trigger the option. There are several games out there that this holds true to.
I can't see the reasoning behind not creating a pointblank radius. ED did not have this issue, as
it can be very frustrating to take one step back when your character breaks into a run and puts you
outside the window on the other side...

Finally, I find the HUD to be totally useless. If you can't remember what actions you assigned to
what button then you need to go back to pac-man. Again at least give me the option to turn it off,
because right now the only purpose it serves is a thermonuclear meldown point on my TV...

These changes, or lack there of, may not be as burdening to some. I find ED more enjoyable to play
because of the unique camera and character movement. I haven't experienced the bugs others have reported on the 360. It all played very smooth for me, and after the test drive I will most likely
continue with ED and return my unopened preorder...

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by SENIOR CINCO
Said Lots of Stuff

I agree with the buffer to interact with items, its annoying but I did get used to it. Nothing I would write home about, but it is surely something that could be fixed, its just very minor. I wouldn't stop playing the game over it.

I've seen a lot of comments on the camera and changed player movement, I think your the most passionate(negative) voice I've heard. Most seemed to either enjoy the new camera, or think that the player movements worked out ok because the game was also rebalanced.

Since I never got into ED, I don't have a problem with the camera or player movement. I don't have expectations on how it would play. To those who have never played before I would give the demo a shot.

I like the hud, I don't mind reminders of what I have equipped to a slot. I tend to change them around a lot early in game. It is not taking up a lot of screen space and burn-in isn't possible for me, so thats not a concern. I wouldn't complain about DKS having the onscreen reminders as thats pretty much an industry standard at this point...Your using DKS as a proxy for an argument that is much larger than this game. One thing though, the reminders could fade out after a bit of inactivity.

SENIOR CINCO: I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...
addict
addict
Like I said, it might not be as big of a burden to some, as to others it's the little things that mean a lot.
As for the camera and HUD, the point is, just give the player the option to move and or deactivate.

apprentice
apprentice
Like I said, it might not be as big of a burden to some, as to others it's the little things that mean a lot.
As for the camera and HUD, the point is, just give the player the option to move and or deactivate.

Point taken. While I hear where you're coming from, I don't agree devs have to give gamers options for everything (another discussion). I would only complain about the HUD and camera if they negatively impacted the game. I think you're fussing because they are different than what you are familiar with, not because they are poorly implemented.

My point is looking at my wall of games I can't think of many that let you change the hud. I also see countless games where the camera is locked to one position. These games are still awesome...

With that said, waiting for this is going to be painful frown But I'm glad I found something to fill my RPG void, and I'm even happier its also on a console. Right now I'm not in the mood to play games on the PC I just got finished with a few MMO's so I can't wait to get back into the living room so I can chill with my dogs smile

Last edited by agustusx; 11/04/11 07:15 PM.

SENIOR CINCO: I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...
New camera was fine for me. I was just happy to see how much smoother the framerate was. Huge difference and plays like it was meant to be played, in my opinion.

addict
addict
You are right...
This discussion could easily get into another topic, so I will finish with this.
My opinion is based on the comparison of the demo and ED. If you haven't played ED then you can't
truly understand. The camera is very important to me. I did not play Fall Out until a year after the release because I thought it was just a 1P shooter. Lastly, on the HUD, if it doesn't give a continuous update of info (ie.. your status bar) then , in my opinion it should be turned off. The devs aren't going to make changes from one post but rather from a collection of many. The more options that are given to a player, to customize to his or her playstyle, the more sales... the more money...

That's the name of the game.
Sorry for the pun.

apprentice
apprentice
If you haven't played ED then you can't truly understand.
Your trying to say the camera in ED is so unique no other game had anything like it! Now that IS a nice camera! However I did play the demo a year ago, and I currently have the PC demo on my computer(because I needed to refresh my memory). Your being picky, that camera wasn't unique or special.

Lastly, on the HUD, if it doesn't give a continuous update of info (ie.. your status bar) then , in my opinion it should be turned off.
No reason to focus on it, relax. The PC version of ED keeps the bar up all the time too.

The more options that are given to a player, to customize to his or her playstyle, the more sales... the more money...
You make more money from advertising more... in WWE all you can do is wrestle, but people seem to like it. Though I do think DKS would sell better if you could unlock cars. The majority of modern gamers have more skills running over enemies in cars than they do using magic or swords, so its something for Larian to consider.

addict
addict

I must say, your thoughts on the character control and camera changes in DKS are the EXACT same as mine. I don't hate it, per se, but it's going to take a LOT of getting used to it, to deal with being unable to so quickly change my direction of attack in the middle of a battle. Not to mention the camera being closer to my character, and what effects that has on movement (both in and out of battle).

agustusx, I think you're taking his point of options a bit too far. Wanting a game to give customization options for the camera is hardly as ridiculous as suggesting you be able to use cars in Divinity 2. And just because many games don't let you change it, doesn't mean not letting you change it is satisfactory, or that such an option should not be allowed.

I'm not sure how much (if anything) the camera does in terms of helping the framerate and stuff (I heard something like that elsewhere), but assuming it doesn't, I much preferred ED's camera.

You are right...
This discussion could easily get into another topic, so I will finish with this.
My opinion is based on the comparison of the demo and ED. If you haven't played ED then you can't
truly understand. The camera is very important to me. I did not play Fall Out until a year after the release because I thought it was just a 1P shooter. Lastly, on the HUD, if it doesn't give a continuous update of info (ie.. your status bar) then , in my opinion it should be turned off. The devs aren't going to make changes from one post but rather from a collection of many. The more options that are given to a player, to customize to his or her playstyle, the more sales... the more money...

That's the name of the game.
Sorry for the pun.

I have Ego Draconis. I bought the DKS for the improved performance and of course for Flames of Vengeance. I was simply stating that the camera positioning was not an issue for me based on the new demo. As I was too busy paying attention to the improved performance over Ego Draconis. It plays like butter in comparison.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard