Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
old hand
old hand
I'm hoping we will see/hear the first news on Project D/E during Gamescon in August. *hint, hint* wink

veteran
veteran
I've a dream I can once play a RPG with Isometric View on a Xbox delight I hope that will be an awesome experience !

Yeah, when are coming some *new* "news-flashes" ? wink

* in other words : new status updates or something like that ?

But the fact that it's very quiet now ... I think the devs are very very bussy with all their projects ! smile
Keep up the good work Larian !! up

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
stranger
I've a dream I can once play a RPG with Isometric View on a Xbox

You can get Torchlight off of XBM. Just go to xbox.com and look for it.

BTW I also would like to give my appreciation for the game. I've been telling all of my friends and colleagues to get the game (unfortunately most are die-hard CODers, but their loss).

In my RPG drought (I decided not to get DA2 because of user reviews, which shows how bad sites like IGN and Metacritic can be at rating how good a game is [I'm off my soap box now]), waiting for TES 4, I decided to go for this despite the lack of ratings and reviews for the game, and I have loved this. Ended up calling in a sick day just to finish it off XD...

I played it on XBox, and while I wish Flames of Vengeance was available as a separate DLC; I understand. I'm seriously debating whether it's worth purchasing DKS for XBox just to be able play the add-on.

Cogito Ergo Sum.
veteran
veteran
Hey thanks opure smile
I never heard of Torchlight before ! Thanks for the tip. I hope I can find this game in store somewhere. It seems to me a beautiful and full of fantasy admosphere smile
This is a must-have for me I think !
While waiting for Diablo III or the new isometric view (= this the same as "top down view"?) project of Larian I can already start with Torchlight to discover which perspective I love most in a RPG, Isometric view or 3D ? But I've the feeling : BOTH as long as that game is a very good RPG!

wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Support
Support

There is a retail version of Torchlight on PC, at least (see here), but I think just a digital download on Xbox. I tried the demo on the Xbox, but it is cheaper on PC; IIRC it is 1200 points on Xbox, so CAN$17 here (but I would have to buy a $20 card to get it), while the PC digital download is listed as US$15 (sometimes going on sale) and Amazon.ca has the PC disk version for CAN$10.

Isometric is a top down view, but 'top down' is a more general term; isometric refers to a particular camera angle, as used in Diablo, Divine Divinity, etc.

veteran
veteran
But if torchlight is a recently coming out PC game I'm afraid my PC can't run the game smirk
So if I understand Torchlight isn't there at the stores to buy it? Only via downloading for Xbox?
Worst the pitty ... frown For Xbox I wish a disc & manual to read, not only "virtual", but real paper biggrin

I gonna look, but I'm afraid I must wait for the next Larian project and hoping their isometric view project is coming also on Xbox ... otherwise the only hope rests : Diablo III (if it comes on xbox, I'm not totally sure at this moment ... ).

Thanks Raze for the info about top down and isometric view smile

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I just had a look at the sys requirements for Torchlight - there ridiculously low (800MHz, 1GB ram, 256MB grapics). You should be fine Joram, at least as long as your PC was purchased this millennium.

And to be really pedantic, only the original Diablo was isometric (no perspective, basically a 2D view 'faked' to look like it's 3D). Diablo 2 was true 3D with an 'isometric style' camera angle. There, that's my obsessive-comulsive disorder satisfied for now wink

veteran
veteran
How to avoid forum threads like this one?
Click Lar's latest Status Update hehe

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by lynn
How to avoid forum threads like this one?
Click Lar's latest Status Update hehe

Thanks for the vote of confidence to all those who posted on this thread! It's nice to know we're appreciated, even when we make the occasional off-topic comment...

C
stranger
stranger
C
Okay at first to start I'm not a hard fan of RPG games.
I already played one called " mu " back in 1999.
In 2010 I played Tochlight which I am thinking she is excellent, except bugs laugh .
In this year I tryied Risen ( I already added in my blacklist " can't be played even once " totally rubbish!!!! No excuse for such shit. I am sorry even that I spend 2days to play it!
After that I saw in youtube, gameplay videos of Dragon Age, holy shit...( does I have to add a comment? even remining the name Dragon Age makes me to puke..) well I give it a shot around 6 hours not full 6 hours ( around ) and after that, I ask my mate which is hard fan of RPG genrge he recommend me The witcher 2. Yeah great game with great bugs, can't do more than 20-30 fps, if the developer did not solve the fps issue the game will be blacklisted too, becuz of fps issue, otherwise for my 20minutes gameplay the witcher 2 was awesome. Then next move.. I give a shot too on " oblivion " what a open world just I lost my self and after 2 hours of playing I reach some towh called " oblivion " which was the end for me becuz I couldn't go back where I start with the main quest... in 2008 I played a Divinity 2 ED not much but enough to remember it's name. Now after so many played games before 6 days in my brain pop up " divinity 2 ed " and then I give it a shot too.. then I said to my self " if that game sucks too I shall never ever think about going to RPG genre ever! " Well in first minutes I was impressed! Now after 5 days of playing ( minimum 5 hours per day ) I'm not even to the middle. I mean I really like it! Simple game, did not require HUUUUUUUGE expirience, but require lot brain memory laugh to remember where did you get that etc. I can't even wait to see what shall be the final smile after that move on on flame of vengeance.
Keep it up Larian! For non skilled players such me I give it 100 from 10

Last edited by CalyxCaviar; 13/09/11 01:00 AM.

I'm still undisputed
J
stranger
stranger
J
A friend of mine mentioned this game to me. He is waiting for Skyrim (as am I) and he found DKS. He told me I'd like it, and he described it to me as "Oblivion meets Dragon Age." I took him at his word, as he has never steered me wrong yet, and I was hooked!

This is an amazing game, and it's too bad not many other people have heard about it. I have told others about it, and they are also playing, so maybe word of mouth will help.

I do find it interesting that I've seen as many posts here bashing Oblivion, and DA:O. Dragon Age makes someone want to puke? Can't get back to the main questline of Oblivion? Add these to the other things I've seen about Oblivion, and I'm very confused. Granted, to each their own, but really, DA:O and Oblivion are amazing games, and DKS ranks up there with them, as far as I'm concerned. Just don't understand the hate for Oblivion and DA:O.

stranger
stranger
Divinity II DKS is awesome game. Ive only recently started playing RPG's and im enjoying them a lot. Thanks Larian Studios for the awesome game laugh (cant wait for Div 3 or Project D :P ) was just wondering if any1 knew games that are similar to Div II DKS which i can try out?

Last edited by Armada; 13/09/11 11:46 AM.

Trance is the most sublime, divine, advanced music genre known to man,
representing a quantum leap in artistic creativity analogous to the development
of the frontal lobe in the human brain. having an IQ below 130 renders
one incapable of appreciating, let along enjoying trance.
A
veteran
veteran
A
There are very few games wherein you can play a dragon, if this is what you mean.

- "The I Of The Dragon" (never played it)
- "Drakan - Order Of The Flame" (older game now, the graphics don't look as smooth as "modern graphics do now)

You could also try out Divinity 1, of course ! wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Support
Support

Check out the RPG Chat forum. There are several topics there about the best and worst RPGs, as well as topics about individual games.

Welcome to the forum. wave

stranger
stranger
Cheers for the help guys smile

Trance is the most sublime, divine, advanced music genre known to man,
representing a quantum leap in artistic creativity analogous to the development
of the frontal lobe in the human brain. having an IQ below 130 renders
one incapable of appreciating, let along enjoying trance.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by jmcnelis
This is an amazing game, and it's too bad not many other people have heard about it. I have told others about it, and they are also playing, so maybe word of mouth will help.

Of course it helps, plus Larian has Joram (aka Willagar grin ) & myself (AKA kidnapp & burn you while you sleep until you buy DKS) to help enlighten people to the wonder that is DKS.

& welcome to the forums all grin

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard