Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hello to everybody,I have a strange bug some creatures for example Arch demon Samuel has only 6 level!!!!!,but I saw that at English version of Beyond Divinity he has 41 level.And i tried to play myself and made sure that English ver. is ok at this matter.....I am playing Russian version 1.49 please explain me what is this!!!?? eek I think he was supossed as powerful creature--and I was dissapointing on that((( And there are a lot differences about level of creatures between Russian(my)version of the game and the English one.
If you want I show your some screenshots
P.S Sorry for my English -I am from Russia))
Still waiting for your messages,Thank you in advance.

Last edited by James 540; 09/07/11 01:03 PM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
Support
Support

Did you try contacting the Russian publisher? If they are still around they may have had other reports of this (assuming it is an issue with that localization). I don't recall this problem being reported in the English BD forums before, anyway.

You can also try emailing support@larian.com.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thank you Very much for your reply Raze!!! bow .I was expecting your answer wink.But unfortunately forums of Buka(its our publisher\localisator of the game seem dead(inactive)-I didn`t see anything about that( maybe because other players don`t care for it-In any case I will try it..one more time.
In fact I have one more question about BD if you don`t bother.--What functions execute the savegame files under names- BD_ACT1_START,BD_ACT2_START etc...Which sort of information is contained there??.
I hoped to you because I`ve already seen that you have quite deep knowledge about Divinity series
I found it when I was reading tonnes forum`s text about Divine Divinity.Please share with your suggestions If you can..Maybe there exists any file (or group of them) which responds to the level of creatures question confused
P.S I got to the Dreamworld and to others interesting places in DivDiv via Hex-editor grin At last..

Last edited by James 540; 10/07/11 08:00 AM.

Support
Support

The BD_ACT#_START folders contain, I assume, default versions of the save files for each act, so I would guess contain the list of all the NPCs and opponents in that act, any pre-set and unique items, etc.

It is possible a problem in those files could have resulted in a level change with some opponents. A clean re-install of the game and patch might fix the source of the problem, but you might have to revert to a save before you entered the current act in order to see or check for a difference (entering the current act would write the character data into the save folder).

The data.000 file in the save folder contains information about NPCs and opponents. I never looked for their level, but that could be where it is stored. Unfortunately, fixing NPCs this way would have to be done one at a time, though if you are fighting Samuel (in the encounter where you can actually fight him) there are not many opponents left in the game.

Teleporting anywhere (via hex editor)

Hex editing - gold, experience, stat/skill points

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hmm) It`s interesting information,thank you!---Now I have no doubts about original save-game files I`ll be trying to seek for more information at these ones.But I am sure that I won`t change or even find anything useful or related to my problem...
And I have to add ,what things I have tried :
1)Re-installing game and then updating it to ver. 1.49
2)Playing at Hardcore mode at ver.1.47 (I hoped that I would see any changes)
and the same thing with ver. 1.49
3)Playing at another copy(downloaded) of Beyond Divinity(and also updated)
4)Asking for advice at Forum of Russian fan-site---There was nothing but silence.
Now I intend to do the next things:
1)To write the letter to Support team as you`ve advised.
2)Once again try to get at my publisher forums.
3)And after all I`ll work with Hex-editor at save-games code....
P.S. If I were one of the developers of BD(I don`t want to offend somebody-nowise) than I`would make the hot-fix\patch myself(but alas sad) ,because I think my problem is a just fluff(rubbish)and is not critical, and no one will wonder about that strange and unique bug due to one player and besides to fix this problem will take a much time and patience.But I hope for the best)!.This forum is great also as the games of Larian ))Sorry for a little off-top...Farewell hehe

Last edited by James 540; 11/07/11 01:56 AM.

Support
Support

3)Playing at another copy(downloaded) of Beyond Divinity(and also updated)

Was the download version in English?

Check your messages (click 'My Stuff' in the top menu bar, then 'My Messages').

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard