Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#447957 08/08/11 04:09 PM
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
One week to go & then it's Gamescom ! I'll be chanting "Become the dragon" the entire week ! Yeeehaaaah ! smile

Done - Bought 12 flashy seats, tons of dragon beer, 200 usb stick camouflaged as monkeys, plenty of flyers, a whole bunch of hardware & displays, screws, screwdriver, ugly tables, ugly cupboards, pitch docs (need update).

To do - Figure out place to hide the ugly tables & ugly cupboards, finish demo, finish trailer, finish pitch docs, get some decent screenshots , make sure team doesn't steal hardware prepared for Gamescom (including the black mouse !!!), try to get rid of double bookings, prep PR talk, shave, apologize to all people for not answering their mails in time, figure out a good way of communicating what D is all about in a couple of phrases, figure out a way of explaining why D isn't a traditional RPG.

Don't forget - Badges, Keys to the truck, announce D - update site, put trailer online - thursday this week ?, make a decision about the chicken.

If all goes wrong, sys 64738

journeyman
journeyman
Ah finally a new status update!...;)
Good Lucky to you and all the team with both presentations...!!! I' m excited to see screens and details about project D&E...:)

PS: I would like to see photos of the team preparing the Gamescom "stage" (the making of...) and some videos of the press interviews...(if possible)

Bye and have a lot of fun!!!

A
veteran
veteran
A
Very, very nice ... smile

Too bad there won't be a public booth ... Because I'd *really* like to see the Larian booth there ! wink

Can we have photos of it ? wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q
One week to go & then it's Gamescom ! I'll be chanting "Become the dragon" the entire week ! Yeeehaaaah ! smile

Done - Bought 12 flashy seats, tons of dragon beer, 200 usb stick camouflaged as monkeys, plenty of flyers, a whole bunch of hardware & displays, screws, screwdriver, ugly tables, ugly cupboards, pitch docs (need update).

To do - Figure out place to hide the ugly tables & ugly cupboards, finish demo, finish trailer, finish pitch docs, get some decent screenshots , make sure team doesn't steal hardware prepared for Gamescom (including the black mouse !!!), try to get rid of double bookings, prep PR talk, shave, apologize to all people for not answering their mails in time, figure out a good way of communicating what D is all about in a couple of phrases, figure out a way of explaining why D isn't a traditional RPG.

Don't forget - Badges, Keys to the truck, announce D - update site, put trailer online - thursday this week ?, make a decision about the chicken.

If all goes wrong, sys 64738

You should cut on the sugar m8 wink

Did i understand well that we'll have a trailer this thursday perhaps? hopefuly a trailer that is just not a 10 second teaser that tells nothing about what it is wink

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Can't wait for trailer, and can't wait for Gamescom too.

old hand
old hand
As long as dragon beer isn't Heineken, everything should go smoothly! wink

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by virumor

We are Belgians. What is this yellow water you are talking about?
Well be refreshing the site every 10 min next week.

Last edited by Morbo; 09/08/11 07:46 PM.

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
A
veteran
veteran
A
Has anyone seen the new movie yet ? That one about French and Belgian customs inspectors ?
Personally, I'm intrigued by that movie and will most likely watch it. wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
Trailer and screens you say OP? I hope you'll show them to us, your loyal fanbase!

old hand
old hand
You'll do just fine! Your a conqueror in many aspects!

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Morbo
Originally Posted by virumor

We are Belgians. What is this yellow water you are talking about?

Hell yeah! Heineken? Bah! grin

M
addict
addict
M
When it's warm outside (but I mean warm, not the weather you have in the far North, in Belgium), and the Heineken is cold, it's nice enough (but yeah, it's nicer with other beers).

Finkbrau anyone ? (just kidding)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Belgian beer usually has a much higher alcahol content than British and Americal beers. One Thursday night at the pub drinking some imported beer (forget which) required me to throw a sicky at work the following day...

But back to project D I'm hoping it all goes well. I'm on holiday next week but I go the day after gamescom so I should see the announcement.

Edit: Ah, just seen Lynn's post.

Last edited by Arokh; 11/08/11 11:41 AM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard