Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#450689 23/09/11 03:12 PM
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Real quick - sitting in the airport in Warsaw after a successful announcement of our cooperation with CD Projekt for publishing Dragon Commander in Poland. Learnt here that the Polish market is much bigger than I thought, that CD Projekt really knows their metier (which I guess was already clear from seeing how they handled the Witcher), that we'll probably be able to do very cool things here with Dragon Commander, and that the food is quite good.

Next stop is going to be Moscow for the Igromir show where we'll be showing Dragon Commander to the Russian audience, and start our cooperation with 1C-Softclub, the largest publisher over there. After that, it'll become time to start focusing on the West, but so far so good - the game was really well received here and people seem to be quite enthused about what we're showing & telling them. I've got 3 Dragon Commander T-shirts left that I need to do something with - I think we'll organize a quick contest when I get back.

Going to board now, have a great weekend all !

Eastern Europe as a big market for RPGs. In a way, I already knew that - The Witcher and Pathologic and whatnot had to come from somewhere, after all, but it's still strange to hear it.

I guess my Western-centred worldview is to blame.

Still, glad to hear everything's going well. And... are you sure you won't be giving away those T-shirts in Moscow?

old hand
old hand
Agreed. The Russians actually churn out an amazing amount of (old-school) RPGs each year, 90% of which never make it into the West.

old hand
old hand
Well, I'll publish Dragon Commander over in the UK for you. Demonic Corp has got your back.

A
veteran
veteran
A
And don't forget there' some great franchises like the new King's Bounty & Armored Princess, plus the reboot of the HOMM series (with HOMM 5) or Majesty 2.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
It's going to be abig success in the west as well I'm sure of it all will bow in awe of DRAGON COMMANDER grin

K
stranger
stranger
K
It’s really good to hear that you are starting cooperation with CD Projekt as I am a great fun of both DKS and The Wither.
I was really disappointed when after few months of waiting, your previous partner in Poland decided not to release FoV but only DKS.
Having really good experience with CD Projekt as a developer of both parts of The Wither it seems that the level of delivered service will be much higher.
Can’t wait your games.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard