Next Thread
Print Thread
#453005 24/01/12 06:23 AM
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I found a little easter egg. It turns out it's not unknown on these forums, but it wasn't in the Lancet Jades guide, and I found it all by myself laugh

It's not a very big easter egg, its just a book named 'crumpled note' which as 'HIC SUNT DRACONES' as the only contents. Incremental spoilers:

I found it because I was thinking about statues and pigeons. (Really!)

If you search these forums there's a thread in german with a picture of the location.

Its on top of the humongous statue near the entrance from broken valley in orobas fjords. But honestly, now that you've read this its not worth picking up.

veteran
veteran
You count this as an easter egg? I found it on my first walkthrough in Ego Draconis back then, in 2009, but it never occurred to me it could be an easter egg. Just a... well, mini secret?

Kein #453011 24/01/12 07:57 AM
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Well, it's a bit of an easter egg, isn't it? Not everyone would think of landing on top of the statue.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Support
Support

I thought of it briefly when I first transformed into a dragon in the fjords, but wanted to clear the surrounding area of opponents first. When I did start exploring I completely forgot about checking the statue.

veteran
veteran
Well, what can I say... I've got spoiled by some jRPGs >_>

O
stranger
stranger
O
Not sure I'd regard it as an Easter Egg - it's more of an 'in-joke' on the old 'here be dragons' theme, which is what it means. The 'note' turns up a number of times and can get a bit tiresome!

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard