Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I've had this game for a while, but I only got around to it a few days ago. Haven't had such a blast playing an rpg in a while. I wish I got into this game earlier, now I won't have anyone to talk about it with XD

Last edited by antematterghosts; 02/01/12 03:56 AM.
Support
Support

There are still a couple people around who have played DD, or have re-played it recently.

Welcome to the forum. wave

veteran
veteran
Yeah, if you've any question(s) about Divine Divinity or you wish to talk about your experiences with DD, go ahead and feel free to write down all the fun you've already had with DD wink

To be honest I enjoy Skyrim now, but in my heart I can never forget how big fun DD (and Divinity II!) is and how I love the friendly people on this forum and the whole Team of Larian making lovely rpg's !! smile
And last but not least: I know for sure I will play DD and D II: DKS again, always again and again !!

So I'm a player/gamer in the fantasy world of the Divinity Universe for Life !

Welcome to the most friendly forum (I know) wave

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Haha, thanks smile I like Skyrim a lot, but I picked up Divine Divinity after getting a bit worn out by first-person rpgs like Skyrim, Morrowind, Mass Effect, and Fallout: New Vegas. Playing in first person for hours somehow gives me an annoying headache, so DD was just heaven--I could click around for ages and not have to ignore the pain ^_^ Because of this, I'm also looking into other isometric rpgs~

Support
Support

Did you try the third person view in Skyrim?

In the RPG Chat forum there are a couple topics on the best RPGs. Camera perspectives are not necessarily mentioned, that info shouldn't be hard to find.

veteran
veteran
Skyrim only first person? Are you serious, kind antematterghosts ?

Have you ever read/look into the "Manual" of Skyrim to discover you can simply switch between first and third person view wink

I like both views and swich often between them, depending on the location I'm smile .

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
The third-person view helps a bit, though switching suddenly to first-person when I encounter enemies can be kind of dizzying as well, and combat in third-person is harder for me. Ultimately it's a motion-sensitivity issue for me that causes the mild headaches, like when I turn too fast or run for too long, or wander into too much bumpy terrain, or even fighting in dark caves U^_^ But like I said, I enjoy Skyrim a lot--albeit in relatively short bursts (probably a bit over an hour, tops). Since isometric rpgs have a set perspective, I can't get disoriented and can thus enjoy hours of headache-free questing smile

@Raze: Oh, thanks, I'll check out that thread, as well as the rest of the forum smile

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Welcome to the forum!

Once the div virus gets you, there's no going back! horsey

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
veteran
veteran
^^ ^^
Indeed biggrin !!
My Mind is already affected with the div virus since many yearrssss ... !

I once tryed too drop the whole Divinity Universe out of my head,
but it always comes back,
like a boomerang !!

But ... it's a virus that give me lots of FUN, so ....

old hand
old hand
Mass Effect is third person but yeah, this game is great.

Last edited by Demonic; 08/01/12 04:19 PM.
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I intend to play all the ME games eventually, but recently I've been more into these old-school games. For some reason, I have this new-found love for 2D rpgs ^_^ I'm gonna play the hell out of Divine Divinity, then move on to the sequel, though I hear that it's not as amazing. And the series goes 3D from Divinity II onwards, though I guess it's natural.

veteran
veteran
O, but if you love to play 2D rpg's ... Larian Studios is making a upcomming rpg in the Divinity Universe (Project E = will be Divinity III) AND back in 2D view (isometric view).

I think you can compare this view with Diablo III (not sure).

And to be clear: Dragon Commander = Project D, so that's another game wink

Me too love to play a 2D rpg ... Divine Divinity IS my all time favorite 2D RPG !!!
Beyond Divinity is another thing ... it's also fun, but for me the skill-system of DD I like more and the fact Beyond Divinity is in different Acts it's less "open world" & I find that a minus. But that's my opinion.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
YES! That is the best news I've heard all day! I'm SOOOOO excited now XD

I think so...not a fan of Diablo though, because to me, action ALWAYS comes secondary to the story. Story is what compels me to pick up a game laugh

Just out of curiosity, which is your favorite game that was made by Larian Studios? Is it DD or another game? smile

veteran
veteran
DD is also full of action, but the story is very nice, also thanks to the seven races a very intresting story !!
DKS's story is also nice, especially the Flames of Vengeance part has less action than the Ego Draconis part.
For me the story isn't the most important thing:
Quests, gameplay, loot, exploring, open world, music and other features took my attention.
The fact your hero(in) can read minds in DKS took my attention long before DKS was ready for sale smile !
DD was already a year or two out when I discovered this Gem !

DD is still one of my all favorite rpg's of Larian Studios, but DKS (especially the add-on Flames of Vengeance!) I love, so it's difficult to make a final decision which game I give my number 1 wink

S
stranger
stranger
S
I love Divine Divinity so much. I think its simply one of the best game in my life and I wish more people know about this game because I think Larianstudios deserves to be one of the best game developer. I think they're really make their game with their love.

PS. Sorry about my bad English because its my second language laugh.

veteran
veteran
Yes, Divine Divinity is really lovey wonderfull & most fantastic game experience I ever had in my gaming life ...
(and after this comes the Dragon Knight Saga ... after that some other RPG's & strategy games (TBS or RTS) )

I always think, after all those years playing DD : "After this playthrough DD will become a little bit boring" .... playing it at least for hundreds of times, all together a very long long playtime !
But the fact is: as long a I can remember I always still wish to start again with the same enthousiastic motivation & also is it still a very addictive game I have difficulties to stop playing !
More than once I see the next daylight when I finally shut down my pc oops

Despite the fact I've many RPG's still not ended ... more recently outcoming games from the previous 2 - 3 years ... Divine Divinity, game of the Year 2002(!!), is the only RPG I ended more than once and started so many times again, again & again ... and again and again !

I can't say it enough times: Divine Divinity is a Masterpiece and has a Soul, the Soul of the Larians ! smile

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Haha, I guess the experience is akin to reaching gaming nirvana smile Sadly, school has gotten in the way of my wanting to sink hours into DD, so I've yet to explore the depths of this game. One day, though!
What other games do you like to play? Or are there any games similar to this?

veteran
veteran
I'm thinking of to try The Witcher II (as it comes out on Xbox).

Currently I start enjoying a TBS game (Civilization Revolution) and maybe it's thanks to this game I have a very good feeling about Dragon Commander (with RPG, TBS & RTS all together in one game!) will be my next favorite game with TBS in it !

My very first games (on pc) : adventure/puzzle games, but a roleplaying game I like most (thanks to it's replayability, playing a role, quests, skills, trading,loot, etc etc ... and last but not least Humour & music, which are fabuleus great in DD !!!!** ).

I've tried Oblivion, but this game is missing too much things I like in a RPG and I don't love it's level-up system. Skyrim is, compared to Oblivion, much better for me, but I think I never buy (play) a next outcoming TES game (if that happens).

Two Worlds II, Arcania, Risen ... are biting DUST now ... maybe ever ... or maybe never play those games to the final end ...

** sometimes I just wish to start playing DD because I love the music o so much !!!!

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I really like turn-based strategy games smile The Fire Emblem series is the first one that comes to mind.

I love adventure games too! The Longest Journey is probably one of the coolest adventure games I've played, though I'm looking for more. If you like old-school rpgs, you should check out rpgmaker.net where you can find tons of FREE rpgs, and some of them are really very good. Granted, they're made my amateurs and use the same engine, but some of them are still great and hey, it's FREE smile

Skyrim is a lot of fun, but I think I'm taking a break from the Elder Scrolls series too. I like playing games that are nice-looking, but Skyrim's graphics are a bit too much for my laptop sometimes, and loading screens are long and tedious.

veteran
veteran
I play Skyrim on my Xbox and plays smooth.

I played The Longest Journey a bit, but for some strange reason (that have nothing to do with this game) I never play it further on. The same with Myst IV Revelation (played Myst I, II & III to the end).
Chess is also a TBS game I play sometimes (for fun, don't like competition) on PC. I've a fun game named Majestic Chess.
Puzzle game like Rise of Atlantis, Brickshooter Egypt, etc I play from time to time.

Thanks for the link, I take a look in the future wink

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard