Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
veteran
veteran
So, you think we are going to play as Damian? IIRC, Larian promised to us something quite unusual, may they mean the "villan as protagonist" thing? Though, I failed to see how is this new, there was a lot of games with such concept already, RPG too.

Also, Project E was supposed to be isometric... so either D3 will be isometric or it is no Project E.

Last edited by Kein; 20/05/12 06:07 AM.
Support
Support

According to the rpgsite.net blurb, the artwork (not a gameplay screenshot) was "a hint at what's to come". Either or both of the couple in question may or may not be playable characters, but it seems at least their relationship will be significant to the plot.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kein

Also, Project E was supposed to be isometric... so either D3 will be isometric or it is no Project E.

From the blurb on RPGwatch and the blog by Larian it looks like this new RPG that is coming is Project E and will be a game based in the Divinity universe. It does not say if it's Divinity 3 or not but I'm assuming it is. As for you playing as Damian, yes this would come as a surprise (maybe that's what they meant) I'm not sure I'd like that idea though.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

the artwork (not a gameplay screenshot)

I mentioned that on previous page and explained why it is definitely not a screeshot (for those, who confused).

As for you playing as Damian, yes this would come as a surprise (maybe that's what they meant) I'm not sure I'd like that idea though.

I honestly don't mind. In fact, it could be very interesting, especially if the surprise will be not the fact that we will play on the villain side, but more like if the game will be about both sides, i.e. narrative and storytelling from both sides a-la Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits. In the end, you can choose (your action will decide) who wins.

old hand
old hand
You played as Damien before in Beyond Divinity. It wouldn't be anything new.

M
addict
addict
M
Well, I've got my new background screen.
Larian crew, have you thought of doing 16/10 artworks ? smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Demonic

Hmm, I don't recall playing exactly as Damian, he was just a (manipulative) companion. But yeah, I already mentioned it is not something new in RPGs.

Last edited by Kein; 20/05/12 06:29 PM.
old hand
old hand
Well, we'll know at E3 which is only in a week or two (btw Raze, will you be there?).

Last edited by virumor; 20/05/12 08:58 PM.
Support
Support

No, I will not be at E3.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Demonic

Hmm, I don't recall playing exactly as Damian, he was just a (manipulative) companion. But yeah, I already mentioned it is not something new in RPGs.

Well you could take control of him and he was technically the main companion and you could choose his class at the beginning of the game. He and The Paladin are the protagonists of Beyond Divinity. So making Damien a playable character (main or not) wouldn't really be new ground for the Divinity series.

We also heard that Divinity 3 ends with the defeat of the villain. So I doubt we'd have a villain (Damien) going up against another villain.

veteran
veteran
We also heard that Divinity 3 ends with the defeat of the villain.

Link to the source, please? Missed this one.

Support
Support

For Project E, which Demonic and others are assuming will be Divinity 3, the source is the topic Status update (long overdue).

veteran
veteran
I still failed to find where it says:
Divinity 3 ends with the defeat of the villain.

enthusiast
enthusiast
In that link it just says "as a Larian first you defeat the bad guy in the end" which I assume is Damian but it's not actually confirmed anywhere if it is Damian or not as far as I know. Also that particular post does not confirm Project E is Divinity 3 but what was put on RPGwatch seems to confirm it is.

The 'bad guy' could be a few possibilites. Guess we will have to wait till E3 to find out.

My favorite quote from that post is "As for A, it’s the kind of game you should play when you feel like hitting somebody, it’s an excellent frustration outlet." hahaha

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

A
veteran
veteran
A
I still failed to find where it says:
Divinity 3 ends with the defeat of the villain.

It doesn't say "Divinity 3 ends with the own player defeating Damian from everyone else" either.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Ohey, search now actually works on the forums, so I was able to find previous status update from Lar where he mentioned all the projects with some details:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=445806

a) A Real sequel to ED full price game to be released on all major platforms
b) An Isometric low budget spin-off to possibly only be distributed digitally
c) A Browser game of some sort
d) And finally a multiplayer-focused title, either an MMO (seems unlikely that they would invest in a full scale MMO but maybe a browser MMO) or something with an emphasis on cooperative gameplay

So, it seems that Project E is a standalone game, not related to sequel. The "MMO"-thing he was talking about is most likely DC (though, he explicitly stated that Project D is not a part of these 4; just how much games Larian Studio is developing now?), and browser game is the iOS game (project A).

Last edited by Kein; 22/05/12 01:53 PM.
Support
Support

Actually, those 4 points were guesses on what someone thought Larian's next title would be. Lar continued with:

Originally Posted by Lar_q
So to respond - Project D is none of these and project E, which I think I already mentioned has a top-down camera, can hardly be called low-budget. On the contrary, it makes us bleed, but we have high hopes for it wink

veteran
veteran
Either way, Project E does not seems to be the sequel.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Here's the RPGwatch article and comments below by the moderator which more or less confirms Project E is Divinity 3. http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17147

Whilst it may not be a direct sequel to ED it will continue the story of the divinity universe. So from what I gather it is set after previous games but may not necessarily directly follow on from ED / DKS. Who knows, it may be set many many years after the games with some explanation of what happened to Damien, Divine one and the DK.

Quote from Lar's post:-
a) A Real sequel to ED full price game to be released on all major platforms
b) An Isometric low budget spin-off to possibly only be distributed digitally
c) A Browser game of some sort
d) And finally a multiplayer-focused title, either an MMO (seems unlikely that they would invest in a full scale MMO but maybe a browser MMO) or something with an emphasis on cooperative gameplay

Lar was talking about Project D (dragon commander) in the points above as Raze mentioned. DC is the standalone game as it is not based around the 'classic' Divinity storyline i.e the story of The Divine and Dammed One.

Last edited by Arokh; 22/05/12 08:01 PM.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Arokh
Here's the RPGwatch article and comments below by the moderator which more or less confirms Project E is Divinity 3. http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17147

Quoting him :

I've been to their studios this week, but cannot tell what I've seen for another week or so. Let me just say that I was surprised a lot by what I've seen. My assumptions about what Project E was were completely wrong. I'm very enthusiastic about what I saw and I think this game will go down very well with the majority of our visitors.

Source : http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061144508&postcount=13

Note the "majority of our visitors" !

I do emphasize on this, because the *majority* of the RPG Watch visitors are rather "old school RPG" oriented.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard