Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
old hand
old hand
We've filmed the presentations & are working on getting a video from that to you. Most likely it'll be up tomorrow.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lar_q
We've filmed the presentations & are working on getting a video from that to you. Most likely it'll be up tomorrow.

You're all so fantastic people at Larian Studios !!
A big hug to all of you .

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Joram
Originally Posted by Lar_q

You're all so fantastic people at Larian Studios !!
A big hug to all of you .

yes indeed, I love how they really keep you posted..It's like their baby, and they want to share it with the world, and all of us are dribbling aunts and uncles, begging to hold it for a couple of mins. ^^

It's awesome!

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
veteran
veteran

stranger
stranger
Hi all. I am brand new, and I joined because of the E3 "D:OS" announcement, but I have to say that this game looks very well done.

I love the style and gameplay. The elemental interplay reminds me of Magicka. It looks like an awesome game and I would/will support when pre-order is available.

I love to see smaller studios come out with amazing products. Well done and congrats on the announcement.

apprentice
apprentice
Hello- I'll be keeping an eye on your game, it looks great!

Can't wait to see more.

old hand
old hand
Glad to see both OS and DC are getting quite a lot of (positive) feedback and attention from mainstream gaming press.

old hand
old hand

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by virumor

I love the part where he mentioned the game will be more storytelling than stats and finding gear laugh

I'm super excited for this game!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by NightRonin
Originally Posted by virumor

I love the part where he mentioned the game will be more storytelling than stats and finding gear laugh

I'm super excited for this game!

small burn to some "rpg" games ^^

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
journeyman
journeyman

veteran
veteran
Thanks for the link, I wanted to see the actual presentations.

It just occurs to me now that your character has never had a backstory in previous Divinity games - nothing of note, that is.

old hand
old hand
3:21

"Sarah's is at home but she's not alone. She's been taken hostage by this suicide bomber here. *Dramatic music continues to play in the background* And he says, "don't come any closer or I'll blow myself up.""

Suicide bombers in Divinity? Well that's something new.

I must say that I hated the suicide grants in Halo and suicidal goblins in LOTR: War in The North. They appear to be a mob enemy in one area as well in Divinity: Original Sin judging by one screen shot. So I'm guessing ranged shots/abilities would be best to use against them as I imagine they explode upon death?

"Robert is a wollock mage that can charm himself into looking like a human. The story behind Robert is that he's going around and seducing and sleeping with every woman he comes across. He then leaves a suicide bomber behind."

laugh

This is Divinity alright.

Last edited by Demonic; 15/06/12 10:03 PM.
veteran
veteran
Wollocks? I'm losing count of all these sentient species.

Divine Divinity mentioned Halflings and Hawk-men. Divinity 2 added goblins, but eliminated well EVERYTHING except humans, goblins, imps and some slaver-labour orcs.

Speaking of which, orcs apparently didn't exist in the days of Dragon Commander, yet undead get their own country? I thought Yuthul Gor was the home of the orcs, but that's the home of the imps?

addict
addict
Well, I'm pretty sure imps are inter-dimensional beings. Pretty much every imp you run across is either in another dimension or has some kind of access to other dimensions.

Except for all those imps in the Wastelands. They may have just been summoned there.

There's also an ancient, deserted imp castle in the Dark Forest. But who knows if they originally built or just lived there at some point...

I think we'll just have to get used to Larian playing fast and loose with the lore. No glaring contradictions. It all kinda fits together.

Support
Support

Orcs were created the same time as the other 5 main races. From the DD book 'A Short History of the Seven Gods':

When the seven Gods were still young they decided that each of them should have their own race which they would guide through the eternal flow of time. And thus it happened that Rhalic, the most powerful of all Gods, become the patron of the humans. The burly Duna created the dwarves in his own likeness and even lived with them for a long time in tunnels deep beneath the earth. Tir-Cendelius, who is also called the Poet, went into the woods and created the elves. He blessed them with near-immortality and wisdom. The reptile goddess Zorl-Stissa wished to command a proud warrior race and thus she created the lizard people - fierce fighters from the Wastelands.

The God Vrogir, renowned for his brutality and acts of violence created the orcs and enslaved them for more than three hundred years before he left Rivellon. Xantezza, the Goddess of mirth and laughter wanted an intelligent race, versed in the arts of magic around her. She created the imps, who were talented magicians and engineers. The Goddess Amadia was an outsider, preferring to live in complete solitude. As the centuries passed the six races spread over the whole continent. One day Amadia fell in love with a wizard and she give birth to several demi-gods. She granted her lover immortality and decided that she would act as the patron mother of the wizards. Although wizards are not really considered as a separate race, they now have their own goddess whom they worship...

addict
addict
....or so the mythology books tell us. grin

They could totally pull a "Dragon Age" and introduce an entrenched mythology/religion only to have it be one possible explanation for the world being the way it is.

If you haven't played that game, then very early on it presents the player with an explanation for the creation of the world (the Maker) the existence of magic (the Fade) the bad guys (Darkspawn are corrupted mages who violated the Maker's golden city). And all sorts of other stuff about a magic prophet (cross between Joan of Arc and Jesus), etc. etc.

A typical player (like me) would think, "alright, I understand the basic lore now." Only, this is basically like accepting the King James Bible as the one and only explanation of (our) universe. Dragon Age leaves it truly unanswered just how all these mystical things came to be.

And in fact you get this with other games too. The Sacred universe has its 6 gods, well established throughout the land, but the Seraphim are adamant that there is in fact only one.

It's just a possibility, that could be a lot of fun, depending on how much Larian wants to delve into/play around with the lore....

veteran
veteran
"Robert is a wollock mage that can charm himself into looking like a human. The story behind Robert is that he's going around and seducing and sleeping with every woman he comes across. He then leaves a suicide bomber behind."

Leaves "suicide bomber", haha. I see what was done there.

Raze
I think he knows that and he meant that Orcs were extinct

Last edited by Kein; 16/06/12 10:30 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
So it was Achmed the dead terrorist that was seen in one of the videos?! grin

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

journeyman
journeyman
I would love to see some in-game reference to The Witcher series smile

Like a quest when you meet the mysterious "white wolf" called Gerolt or something like that smile

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard