Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
No idea what I did here - but no matter which Teleporter Gate I stand on - the ONLY one to light up for transfer is the Burial Ground, in the deep south of the Dark Forest.
The last thing I did before this calamity, was the taking of the Holy Grail.
I took enough magic potions, and restorations to float the US Navy, then froze everything that moved, until I got out of there.
That's it in a nutshell -I did try taking the Grail back, but they were pretty well-miffed, and wouldn't listen to reason, so ended up killing them all. frown

If there's a solution to this, then...

Pretty please.....

Last edited by mykeytwo; 11/06/09 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling
V
stranger
stranger
V
lol sounds good to me. i haven't gotten that far yet, but i'll let you know when i do what happens.

Support
Support

Taking the Holy Grail should not have had any effect on the teleporter pads, nor would anything else you could do in-game.

Do you still have the teleporter scrolls in your inventory? Can you teleport to the burial grounds teleporter pad? Did you try clicking on the teleporter pad symbols anyway, even though they were no longer shown on the map as activated?

Do you have a recent save you can reload, where the teleporter pads are working properly?

Check your messages (click 'My Stuff' in the top menu bar, then 'My Messages').

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I have scrolls for humans, mages, elves, dwarves, and orcs - imps still to be found. I also have the map showing all Gate sites.
Burial Ground is the only one that works. frown

Support
Support

The imp scroll is in the castle, in the south west part of the Dark Forest...

S
stranger
stranger
S
I am having this same problem. Am on the gathering of the council and now can't get back to the council chambers! NONE of the gates that have been previously activated are lighting up. Help!

Support
Support

Do you have any previous saves that you can reload, at least to check if the teleporter pads are working, or not? If they are disabled in a save where they were previously working, then the problem may be with the game itself, in which case you could try deleting the files in the dynamics folder, or even backup the saves and reinstall the game. If old saves still work fine, then the problem is more likely in the save itself.

The '..\Divine Divinity\Run\Dynamic' folder is used as a cache for the game. Files are created / copied there from the save game folder when you load, and written / copied from that folder when you save a game. The files will be re-created as required the next time you start Divinity. If there was a corrupt file in that folder, deleting the files should fix the problem.

Troubleshooting Tips (& manual install procedure)

There are a couple ways you can get back into the council hall;

You can leave one teleporter stone on the ground somewhere, keep one with you, save the game and then hex teleport into the council hall. From there, drop a teleporter stone, use it to get out again (after scrying, or whatever), pick up the teleporter stone outside, and carry it with you to drop and use whenever you need to get back.

Alternately, you can use the procedure in the topic FIX for the Missing Catacombs Portal to temporarily get into the council hall, long enough to drop a teleporter stone there.

Check your messages (click 'My Stuff' in the top menu bar, then 'My Messages').

Support
Support

There is a file in the save folder called telpstates.000 which keeps track of the teleporter pads' status. Somehow the teleporter pads all got disabled, and presumably could not be re-enabled because another part of the save had them listed as already enabled (perhaps the story files).

In any case here is the telpstates.000 file (1KB) from my save just before hitting the gong, with all teleporter pads activated. Extract the zip file into your latest save and you will be able to teleport to the council hall.
This file is quite small, and with a bit of trial and error it would be easy to figure out which values correspond to which teleporter pads, but replacing the whole file is faster.

A belated welcome to the forum. wave

If anyone else runs into this problem earlier in the game and doesn't want to enable all teleporter pads, I have all my old saves, so could grab a file from an appropriate place, or figure out which teleporter pads correspond to which values in the file.

Support
Support

Opened in a hex editor (with a standard 16 byte row length) the default telpstates.000 file has two columns of mostly '01' values (first and ninth); these values need to be changed to '02' to enable the associated teleporter pad. You will still need the appropriate scroll or quest entry to activate the teleporter pads, though (you can hex activate a pad early and teleport to it, but will not be able to use it to teleport until it is activated).

Here is a screenshot showing which values enable which teleporter pads. Only edit the byte values shown in red (all '02' for activated teleporters). The names on the left are for the first column, and the right for the ninth. Below is a text table with essentially the same information.

Row  First ColumnNinth Column
1Aleroth
2FarmlandsCursed Abbey
3Archer's GuildBarracks
4Dwarven Bread InnDestroyed Village
5Orc CampDwarven Forest
6GraveyardArs Magicana
7Dwarven VillageSewers of Verdistis
8Verdistis
9Council of SevenWarrior's Guild
10Elven RuinsImp's Deserted Castle
11Burial GroundsDwarven Halls