Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Allana Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
I'm in Act 2, and all of a sudden I've stopped getting XP from monsters up to level 11 (don't know about 12). I do get some from level 13 monsters, but not a lot. I am currently at level 20. Is this normal? I'm in the 3rd Act 2 battlefield, and am essentially getting almost no XP, so it's just to get loot, which is a bummer.

Is this a bug, or intentional? & if intentional, is there some kind of formula as to what level monsters give XP depending on your level?

I used the Wisdom skill as quickly as I could at the start (currently at Wisdom 8), and am now wondering if that was a mistake. Do I need to slow down XP gain? As in remove some Wisdom skill points?

Also, in an attempt to see if changing difficulty made a difference (it didn't) I changed it to hardcore, and now it won't let me change it back. How do I fix this?

Last edited by Allana; 06/08/12 07:19 PM.
Support
Support

It is normal not to get experience for low level opponents (see link below for details). There is no need to unlearn Wisdom; depending on where you explore first and whether you do any of the battlefield dungeons, there will be opponents you would not get much/any experience from in any case.

Act 2 - not getting exp in BF

By design you can not lower the difficulty level once you switch to hardcore. You can, however, hex edit a file in the save folder to change the difficulty (or if you have a recent save before you switched you could just reload).

Need to get out of Hardcore Difficulty

Check your messages (click 'My Stuff' in the top menu bar, then 'My Messages').

A
Allana Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Thank you very much ... it helps knowing what is going on. I've reverted to a recent save, and just finished the dungeon.

One question though ... I realize it may be a while before I get to a an area where the monsters are high enough level that I'll start picking up XP again, but I'm concerned that I'll keep having the problem of leveling up faster than the monster levels can keep up with. That's why I'm wondering if I need to cut back on the Wisdom skill points.

In the Battlefields 3 dungeon, 90-95% of the monsters gave no XP. That's an estimate, of course, as I obviously didn't count them. The only monsters that gave any XP at all were the Ancient Biters, and there were only a few of those (maybe 4-6) on each of levels 1 & 2, and none on level 3. Actually, there was absolutely nothing on level 3 (which I know is possible at least for the quest monsters & items).

Support
Support

I didn't learn Wisdom or do the battlefield dungeons in BD. See how you do in higher level dungeons, or back in the main game, and stop investing in Wisdom if you remain a higher level than the majority of your opponents. Without Wisdom you would still be the same level, though (or possibly 1 lower if you recently levelled).

I learned Wisdom in Divine Divinity, but even learning each level as soon as possible would only give you one extra level by the end of the game, with a typical final level in the mid forties to low fifties (Wisdom - is it worth the skill points?). In Beyond Divinity, you need twice the skill points, for both characters, to get the same bonus, and the end level is lower (about 29) so you will not get an extra level. You will level slightly faster, though, and since you can unlearn skills, any unneeded free skill points are better put into Wisdom than left unused.

There were some complaints in the forum when the game was first released that you had to level in the BF dungeons, and there were too few skill points, so I avoided the dungeons and hoarded skill points (and finished the game just fine).

A
Allana Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Thank you ... I will see how it goes. I just finished the fourth dungeon in Act 2, and again, the only XP I got was with the very few demons. I'll see how it goes in 5 & 6, and the rest of the main world in Act 2, and decide then if I need to remove some Wisdom points.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard