Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mica Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm doing the Axe of Stone quest at the moment, and apparently I have to go down the mines, but the entrance to the second level is blocked by a wall of stone. I've read that the rubble will disappear after "there is a reason to go down there", but I already have the quest in my journal and have spoken to the dwarven councilman, the elf, the king, and the mayor (although I was not able to give him any alcohol). Is there a way to trigger the rubble disappearing?

Support
Support

So you successfully scryed for the dwarven council member and talked to him in the dwarven village?
Maybe try scrying again, and then talk to Eolus and go through whatever dialog options are available and see if that triggers a mine update.

What did the king have to say about the mine? Before getting the dwarven council member quest he says the miners are working on clearing the entrance.

Are you sure you are in the right place? You probably are, but here is a map of level 1 and screenshot of the entrance to level 2.

If you can not get the entrance cleared, it is possible to bypass it: Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor.

Check your messages (click 'My Stuff' in the top menu bar, then 'Messages').

mica Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've just tried scrying and talking to Eolus again, but the mine is the same. I'm definitely in the right place too - the entrance glows red when I hover the cursor over it, but it is simply blocked by rubble.
The king never actually said anything about the mines, he just rants about elves, but I only talked to him after I had received the council quest.
I'm going to give hex editing a try - if I have trouble with it, I will let you know.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard