Next Thread
Print Thread
#463156 18/04/13 08:36 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Dear game-creators! Thank you for the perfect game series. The is one of my most favourite games.

I play Beyond Divinity and I have found out unpleasant mistake in the game. What's the matter? After upgrading the level of my skeleton (from 3 to 7) without upgraiding his points of parameters I ran to another place, so my skeleton disappeared. After that I called him again, but pluses near his points of parameters disappeared. So I have upgrated a level of the skeleton but I can't make his points of parameters higher for this level. Actually, the skeleton on 7th level has points of the 3-rd level. What's wrong?

Anwser me please as soon as possible: I want to continue play the game. Thanks! =)

Support
Support

That may be a bug if distributed but unconfirmed stat points disappear when a summoning doll disappears.

I'll check that tomorrow (if support doesn't help first). There may be a way to restore the lost stat points.

What version of the game are you playing? The Steam / Anthology / download release (1.50x) or the original disk version (1.47/1.49)? The version number is shown in the bottom right corner of the main menu.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Thank you for the answer! It is Beyond Divinity V1.500.

Last edited by Divine Divinity; 18/04/13 09:33 PM.
Support
Support

I checked this in a new game, in act 1, with the skeleton summoning doll not summoned (don't know if that makes a difference).

See the topic Hex editing - gold, experience, stat/skill points as a reference (particularly for the general procedures and warnings to make backups). I have not re-checked everything in that topic for the latest version of Beyond Divinity; at least the stat/skill points and experience are the same in act 1.

To find the summoning doll's level (to lower it to what it what it was before the lost stat points), search for the hex string 53 75 6D 6D 6F 6E 69 6E 67 20 44 6F 6C 6C 20 53 6B 65 6C 65 74 6F 6E 00 23, which is 'Summoning Doll Skeleton' followed by a space and a symbol that looks like #. You may be able to enter most of the search term in text, and then switch to hex to add the '00 23'.

When you find the last instance of this term, the doll's level is 12 rows above the 'o' in Summoning. In this case that byte will be 07, which you would want to change to 03.

Next, Search for the text string PartyV, which will get to the start of PartyV1.0 16-03-2004. From the zero in '03', the remaining summoning doll level upgrades are listed 11 rows down. In this case you would want to increase what the current value is by 4.

If all goes well, with those two edits, when you load the save your skeleton doll will be back to a level to match its stats, and the level upgrades will be restored, so you can redo them and make sure you distribute and apply the stat points right away.

P.S. check your email.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard