Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#465509 01/05/13 05:17 PM
B
bruco31 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I'm an Italian fan of yours. Some friends of mine (and I believe many other Italians) are very interested in Divinity: Original Sin, but they don't know the English language very well. The absence of an Italian localization has stopped them backing Divinity: Original Sin and very likely will stop them buying your game. However, they really want to play this game.

What's more, I suppose that the main problem which doesn't allow you to release an Italian version of the game is because you haven't found an Italian distributor yet. We believe that FX Interactive could manage the sales in Italy (as well in Spain), also because we trust in them. The Italian localization of the FX's games has ever been excellent.

We have been wondering if it would be possible to reach an agreement between Larian Studios and FX. In order to achieve this agreement, the Italian fans can give you their support, though I don't know how much strong could be our voice.

Let us know =)

Last edited by bruco31; 03/05/13 08:22 AM.
veteran
veteran
Good post, I hope that happens as well.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Fingers crossed then. Let your sexy italion voice be heard I say.

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
stranger
stranger
I believe that FX Interactive could do an excellent work for the italian and spanish localizations... Two birds with one stone! laugh

Play with my native tongue would be the icing on the cake, so finger crossed!

apprentice
apprentice
is really a good idea! birthdayjump
I'm Italian and I loved all the games of Larian Studios.
I do not know how I could give up on this that will certainly be their masterpiece!

stranger
stranger
FX Interactve localizations are excellent (at least the Spanish ones), but I don't see them as supporters of the DRM-free policy (in fact, no localization made by them is available at GOG, for example). And they never charge more than 19,95€ for a product, even if it's a new game, and maybe this will be against Larian's plans. But hey, if they can work something out, I'll be doing my happy dance in no time smile

stranger
stranger
Hope to see this as well, last hit take was from the Anthology, I thought was in italian after Beyond Divinity and Divinity II (DKS too) but I was wrong, no problem after all becouse I've already played a lot of time and I must thanks the ITT (Italian Translation Project) for the "ancient" translation a really excellent work made on Divine Divinity, they even translated the prologue story book, but the ITT is dead and there isn't an alternative to substitute this incredible bunch of translators;
In the end i think the same FX Interactve localizations are really good, i played some RPGs in italian lenguage and they make a quality work, these games had the vocal translation as well, but for the Divinity saga the text translation it's enough just like the old Larians glories, will be a shame to try translate in real time your amazing new chained dialogue system, after all D: OS it's based on this and there's always a place for a new Larian game in my Larian fan collection, just hope to see it in a proper way, still waiting for a response just like all here, good luck with your new projects smile

EDIT: I've just raise my pledge of 100 bucks and that's all i can do for now (I've an alpha horsey ), I don't know how much can cost a text translation, but i don't think that now it's a budget solution since the project was succesful supported and grow up day by day, must be a damn solution :\

Last edited by Darkgondul; 01/05/13 11:44 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Hope to enjoy your next creation, Divinity Original Sin in italian. I think your work will surely find a distributor here in Italy. You are definitely one of the best software house in the videogame industry.

stranger
stranger
I hope there will be an Italian localization for this Masterpiece to have a full immersion in the world of Divine and to benefit all the lore and the dialogues!

stranger
stranger
I'm italian and I backed for the project, I loved every single product of this saga and I'd really appreciate at least a textual translation. I have to admit that I understand quite well english language, but the real issue relies on the game and the concept: you need to understand EVERYTHING very well to make your decision; you just can't simply skip dialogues and say yes like other games.

We really need to become a part of the story, to decide our destiny, don't you think?
Some translated lines are all I wonder for. I enjoy original voice, and the quality of them in past games was really excellent.

The bottom line, please think about italian subtitles. smile

If everything else fails, I suppose it would be possible to mod the campaign yourself and do a complete translation. Lots and lots of work, but I think it is doable (and it would probably be a very popular mod too)

C
stranger
stranger
C
it's a good idea!
please, don't forget italian language wink

La pecora mannara! WOOS! smile

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
old hand
old hand
I wish I knew italian but I don't. When I was in Tuscany it was absolutely lovely. Unfortunately I did not know the language and communication can be rough in some of the smaller towns (my fault). Hum. Sadly I'm very poor with languages.

@Meme: Yes, Toscana (Tuscany) is sublime, one of the most beautiful places in the world, and then toping that with Firenze (Florence) is almost shameless of the Italians.

Edit: Did I mention the divine food and drink?

Last edited by Indira Weresheep; 03/05/13 03:37 PM.

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
old hand
old hand
No you did not mention the divine food/drink. I should show you some of the pictures I took but alas it predates the digital age by a couple of years. I was more in love with the hillsides (and small towns) outside of Florence than Florence itself. What I mean is Florence was very italian but as the case with larger cities it also carried a bit less charm than the smaller villages.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Hi there! smile

Just one of the italian gamers that asks for italian localization...

I've never played your games, but I could buy Divinity: Original Sin.
I'm a potential client.
Don't disappoint me! laugh

G
stranger
stranger
G
I'd love to play in Italian. since my english is quite bad, sometimes t's a real hard task enjoy videogames.
I've played many games from FX, and I approve that suggestion. I Always find their work very well done.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hoping to see the game in italian smile

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by bruco31
I'm an Italian fan of yours. Some friends of mine (and I believe many other Italians) are very interested in Divinity: Original Sin, but they don't know the English language very well. The absence of an Italian localization has stopped them backing Divinity: Original Sin and very likely will stop them buying your game. However, they really want to play this game.

What's more, I suppose that the main problem which doesn't allow you to release an Italian version of the game is because you haven't found an Italian distributor yet. We believe that FX Interactive could manage the sales in Italy (as well in Spain), also because we trust in them. The Italian localization of the FX's games has ever been excellent.

We have been wondering if it would be possible to reach an agreement between Larian Studios and FX. In order to achieve this agreement, the Italian fans can give you their support, though I don't know how much strong could be our voice.

Let us know =)

Good initiative, that would make the game more enjoyable from the narrative point of view, being my tongue Italian.

I hope to enjoy Divinity Original Sin in italian, because it will be a pearl by play absolutely!

Fenrir

Last edited by Fenrisúlfr; 03/05/13 08:33 PM.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard