Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30
Support
Support

Someone mentioned playing at 120Hz, on a 144Hz monitor, so support is limited above 60, not nonexistent.

Raze #501722 26/06/14 11:44 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze

Someone mentioned playing at 120Hz, on a 144Hz monitor, so support is limited above 60, not nonexistent.

That's better than being nonexistent for sure, but needs addressing. A lot of people these days are running 60+ Hz monitors, a notification or warning somewhere explaining the solution (i.e set to 60Hz) if there is a problem would probably help alleviate confusion/frustration.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
I'm having trouble updating today's patch. It tells me I don't have enough disc space. Anyone know how to fix this issue? My hard drive has a ton of free space so no sure what the problem is.

Last edited by Cameron9428; 27/06/14 12:24 AM.
Support
Support

Maybe exit Steam, reboot, run a ScanDisk to make sure disk space really isn't the issue (right click on the hard drive in Windows Explorer, select Properties, switch to the Tools tab, and hit the Check Now button in the Error Checking Status section), and then restart Steam.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Problem: Unable to load while friend is connect to the game/ friend unable to connect when the game is loaded

Description: After the new patch loading and save times have become significantly longer and loading a game while my friend and I are both connected I become stuck on instantiating. The only way we have figured out to get into a game was to start a new game, have my friend connect to the new game while at character creation then load from there. A second load after that would become stuck on instantiating for me and syncing for him.

Ahka #501779 27/06/14 04:58 AM
Support
Support

Did your friend try hosting the game?

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool for both computers. The zip contains your saves, which are not directly related, so most can be deleted to reduce file size, if that is an issue.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi Guys,

Getting this error when I launch the game and it's not letting me play Multiplayer frown

http://i.imgur.com/0w3WOJh.png

I've verified cache and once that didn't work even redownloaded the whole game, but issue persists :s

anybody encountered this issue or know of a fix?

Thanks

Support
Support

That error can also be caused by a missing configuration file. Try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file by right clicking and running as administrator. Then change some sound or graphics settings, exit and restart.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking access for the game (EoCApp.exe and SupportTool.exe both need access).

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and renaming the 'Divinity Original Sin' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing.

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Another question - on one of my desktops some skill, talent and so on descriptions instead of letters there are squares with cross. The default language of windows OS is russian but all the english fonts are supported.
some dialogues in game are also unreadable

Last edited by yaroslav; 27/06/14 07:07 PM.
Support
Support

Did you check the language setting in Steam for the game? Non-English localizations are not fully supported until release.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Last boss in tutorial dungeon. Tried to relink the PCs but somehow the character without focus was partial buried in stone above and behind boss. Reloaded previous save and all was well.

Stepped away from first discussion with the mage at Cyseal and returned to most lettering in UI scrambling about rapidly. Tried alt-tab and back. That solved the issue. Graphics driver current but beta release.

Intel Duo, 4G RAM, GTX 550 ti

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
NUMPAD KEYS ARE STILL BUGGED AND ARE NOT RECOGNIZED AS DIFFERENT FROM THE NUMBER KEYS LAID OUT ALONG THE TOP OF THE KEYBOARD. I WISH TO REMAP CONTROLS TO THE NUMPAD BUT THE GAME DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THIS. PLEASE FIX THIS. THE GAME IS NOT PLAYABLE FOR LEFT HANDED PEOPLE IN THIS STATE.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Bug Report:

When a friend or player joins a coop game, they join without a partner. If you have 4 ppl in your party you cannot drag any of your partners off to your coop friend and they cannot add the partners on their own. The drag and drop friend grouping does not work properly in coop.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I think that's simply a personal preference. I'm a lefty and I have had no issue adjusting, of course I've played righty my whole life so there is that! xD

Doozie #502172 28/06/14 04:28 AM
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Doozie
When a friend or player joins a coop game, they join without a partner.

You can not drag and drop to link companions/henchmen in co-op. The host can hit Esc to bring up a menu, though, and click on the 'Assign Characters' button to do so.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
I've noticed that in game the shadow quality fades drastically about 10 or so feet from your character. Does anyone else have this issue? My PC is more than powerful enough to run the game at ultra, so it seems strange there's such a jarring issue with shadows at such a low distance, it's really distracting.

Someone on the steam discussions said this issue was introduced a few patches ago, possibly as an optimization. Will there eventually be an option to disable the shadow quality fading?

Jjiinx #502207 28/06/14 08:48 AM
Support
Support

Yes, other people have that issue with shadows (it is more apparent in some places than others, and some don't notice it at all). I don't know if there will be any options added.

apprentice
apprentice
I have a little issue with the sound. I have echoes, it's quite disturbing.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Ok, this problem still persists, I cannot play the game at all.

Is this being fixed soon?

@Stabbey: Unfortunately, no: I am trying to play through the steam client.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Great, turns out that this is due to a Steam installation on a case-sensitive filesystem (in a sparsebundle). Switched to a case-insensitive FS, removed the sparsebundle, now re-installing Steam. Let's see...

Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard