Divinity Banner
Topic Options
#484150 - 03/11/14 07:13 AM magic damage 2h wep ?
Yazoka Offline
stranger

hello :

i have just started the game lvl 7 WARRIOR at the moment .

i'm using a 2H Sword as a weapon ... and i have noticed a sword

with magic damage on ?

what does that mean ? isnt a warrior supposed to use Melee damage only ?

how is it that magic DMG effects a warrior exaclty .

and ty in advance for your help .

#484189 - 03/11/14 08:56 AM Re: magic damage 2h wep ? [Re: Yazoka]
Raze Offline

Loc: Canada

A warrior can focus on strength and conventional damage, or intelligence and magical damage (or a mix of both, using 'balanced' weapons). When I played the original release of D2:ED I went with a strength based build, but any extra magical damage was good. You will eventually start getting swords with two (or rarely 3) enchantment slots, so the best options (IMO) for those would be Increased Damage first, and Increased Magical Damage second (or vise versa if you focus on magical based damage to make a battle mage type build).

#484192 - 03/11/14 09:10 AM Re: magic damage 2h wep ? [Re: Raze]
Yazoka Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Raze

A warrior can focus on strength and conventional damage, or intelligence and magical damage (or a mix of both, using 'balanced' weapons). When I played the original release of D2:ED I went with a strength based build, but any extra magical damage was good. You will eventually start getting swords with two (or rarely 3) enchantment slots, so the best options (IMO) for those would be Increased Damage first, and Increased Magical Damage second (or vise versa if you focus on magical based damage to make a battle mage type build).

thx for reply Raze .. the sound of a battle mage type seems amusing , i'm going to try that smile

i'm spending points on str + int equally now .. and sparing some for dxtr .