Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
stranger
stranger
T
Right on....unless that is going away in upcoming builds, seems like it would help mitigate the special arrow cost to an extent (esp combined with changes in arrow prices and crafting mats drop rate).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by trialus
On one of the recent Dev play throughs (GameSpot maybe), I was pretty sure I saw a message coming up about recovering arrows after Sven used them in combat? Am I mistaken or is this a perk/feat that got removed?

That was a thing granted by one level of the "Way of the Ranger" ability.

Yeah, it requires level 5 in "Way of the Ranger", and is only a 25% chance to recover your arrow. I think it really should come in much earlier, and the chances be a lot better. Perhaps level 1 in "Way of the Ranger" gives you a 15% chance, level 2 a 30% chance, level 3 a 45% chance, level 4 a 60% chance, and by level 5 you're at a 75% chance.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
That's a pretty good idea, actually.

Currently:

Way of the Ranger
Rank 1: Sight +8.00
Rank 2: Ranged Weapon Range +5
Rank 3: Initiative +5
Rank 4: Ranged Weapons cost 1 less Action Point to use.
Rank 5: 25% Chance to recover your arrows

I think swapping them as below would be a pretty big buff to Ranger's special arrows without needing to change much else at all.

Way of the Ranger
Rank 1: (15% Chance * WayofRangerRank) to recover your arrows
Rank 2: Sight +8.00
Rank 3: Ranged Weapon Range +5
Rank 4: Initiative +5
Rank 5: Ranged Weapons cost 1 less Action Point to use.

But we'll see how the ranger changes in the beta. I'll be making a ranger/wizard combination first.

EDIT: Maybe a 75% chance would be too much, but if the bonus was 10% per level, that's a 50% chance to recover the arrow.

Last edited by Stabbey; 02/04/14 01:16 AM. Reason: maybe too much?
Support
Support

Would it make sense to recover special arrows? Poison arrows would presumably be much less effective the second use, recovering an explosive arrow would be pointless...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

Would it make sense to recover special arrows? Poison arrows would presumably be much less effective the second use, recovering an explosive arrow would be pointless...

Examined closely, it would make very little sense. But so does holding a conversation with animals, or being healed by poison with the zombie trait, or recovering health by standing in blood with the leech trait.

Besides, it's already in the game. I'm only requesting it be buffed. You could always just chalk the minor miracle up to "Survivor know-how". wink

Doh forget to mention on twitch, if food we make from crafting is necessary?

For example I just can buy potions to heal up or just use the food that I have looted. So what's the point of crafting food, will it increase stats for a short time or will we have a hunger feature like from Ultima 7?

I would like an hunger feature but without day\night cycle I don't see the hunger feature should be added but it will bring more immersion to the game, such as your character is to weak to battle the stats will drop, low action points or so on. Though I know how easily players can get frustrated from this but wondering why the developers add allot of effort for crafting food (flour, water, dough, bread)?

I just hope allot of our suggestions can be modded, also it will be my first time to try to use an "Editor" when it's out, can't wait and hope it's easy to understand.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I don't think a hunger "feature" is going to be part of the base game, and I'm glad, because stuff like that just becomes an annoying chore to have to deal with. Realism has to take a backseat to fun on occasion.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Texoru
Doh forget to mention on twitch, if food we make from crafting is necessary?

For example I just can buy potions to heal up or just use the food that I have looted. So what's the point of crafting food, will it increase stats for a short time or will we have a hunger feature like from Ultima 7?

The last time I tested food it gave very brief boosts to your stats; which stat was raised depended on the type of food you ate. Some healed as well, if I'm remembering correctly.

Support
Support

The bonuses from food last longer during combat. Some food does heal, and can be more effective than potions (apparently; mentioned during the beta preview).

apprentice
apprentice
How many traits can you pick when you create a character?

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
0 Traits, 2 Talents.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Stabbey
0 Traits, 2 Talents.
I thought you could create a character from scratch? Or are traits = talents (e.g. "Politician")

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Traits are not Talents. They are separate things.

Politician is a Talent.

Romantic is a Trait.

veteran
veteran
What he's saying is that traits are picked up as you play the game (based usually on how you react to conversations).

For example, when you find the dead body of the jumper on the beach at the start of the game, you can either go with a conversational response that will reward you a Romantic trait, or a response that will reward you the Pragmatic trait. Having the Romantic trait boosts your social skill "Lucky Charm" by 1, where as having the Pragmatic trait boosts your social skill "Reason" by 1.

The last time I checked, it was basically a sliding scale with the rewards capped at 1. So, if over the course of several hours of play you made five Romantic conversational choice, and five Pragmatic conversational choices, you would essentially be considered neither Pragmatic nor Romantic, and receive no bonus to either the Reason or Lucky Charm social skills.

If you made 17 Romantic choices and 2 Pragmatic choices, your character would still only be considered a "Romantic", and only have a bonus of 1 in Lucky Charm (not a bonus of 15 as you might expect).

apprentice
apprentice
Thanks for clearing that up. Yes I meant talents. so two it is. Didn't even know about traits. Went to media black out after the kick starter. Sounds cool tho.

Need to think about which character I'll tinker.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I don't know if it was this stream that it was mentioned or another one, but I remember Larian saying (for elemental combinations) that you could use fire on water to make fog, and then electrify the fog with lightning...

My question is...why would you do that? Other than it looking different/cool, isn't it the same thing as electrifying the water in the first place? To not make it redundant maybe they could make it so the fog created from water covers a slightly larger area than the water did. Maybe balance it with less lightning damage but chance to hit more enemies...

Then again I don't know if there's something already like that, I'm a noob. This is my first post, I created an account here because I found out about this game through another forum and it looked so amazing to me. I've never played a Divinity or Larian game before, but boy does Original Sin look brilliant! Repairing my gaming PC just to play this:)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by bossDragon
I don't know if it was this stream that it was mentioned or another one, but I remember Larian saying (for elemental combinations) that you could use fire on water to make fog, and then electrify the fog with lightning...

My question is...why would you do that? Other than it looking different/cool, isn't it the same thing as electrifying the water in the first place?

If that is accurate, my expectation would be that while the electrified puddle acts as a stun surface, and the fireballed puddle produces fog to obscure vision, electrifying the fog would both obscure vision and create a stun field on anything moving in/through it. Essentially combining the best of both results.

I have no idea if that actually works, though.

B
stranger
stranger
B
hmm interesting.

addict
addict
addendum: shapeshifting is not in the game/was cut (twitch video @ ca. 41:10 )

question: will it be moddable? i.e. is the functionality in the game? i think, they said something like, its in the game a (longer) while ago.

Last edited by 4verse; 05/04/14 07:17 PM.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
If the functionality for shapeshifting was in, why would they have cut it? It's probably not in.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard