Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
The madman graveyard encounter was greatly enhanced, to my surprise. Proper experimentation methods introduced. :P

it is pretty good now.

R
stranger
stranger
R
You can bug the graveyard madman encounter if you attack him before he speaks to you. His script doesn't fire if he enters combat before talking to you.

veteran
veteran
Madora, who is Level 5, with 9 Strength (8 + 1 from Gear), has only a 58% chance to hit a level 6 Seaside thug (melee, not crossbow) who is right beside her. That seems excessively low for a 1 level difference.

Yes, I admit that I did not spend the attribute point I got at level 4 on Strength - the only one I was guaranteed to have - I spent it on Constitution instead, which seemed to be perfectly reasonable, since Madora was my sole melee attacker.

However, if the equipment and accuracy requirements are going to be THIS strict, so strict that I can't do anything else except pump Strength with every point I get, then I think there's a problem.

I'm playing on Hard difficulty.

Last edited by Stabbey; 06/06/14 11:59 AM. Reason: melee
veteran
veteran
Frozen status apparently no longer grants bonus armour. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. I liked that little wrinkle to it, it made it a bit of a trade-off: You can disable an enemy for a while, but the catch was that using weapons on it was going to be ineffective, only non-fire magic would remain useful.

H
stranger
stranger
H

stranger
stranger
from the 1.0.93 patchnotes: Changed max pickpocket weight

so, did you increase or decrease it?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Grodit
from the 1.0.93 patchnotes: Changed max pickpocket weight

so, did you increase or decrease it?

Probably increased it, because I don't think they could have actually decreased it.

B
B
I still think developers should discourage the use of spells as "lock-picks". If you can use a fireball or whatever to open a chest, and if this is basically a free action, why you should bother to spend skill points in lockpicking? Opening "things" via spells should AT LEAST destroy part of the items inside that thing.

Last edited by Baudolino05; 06/06/14 09:47 PM.
veteran
veteran
Corrections:

As I said, I was playing on hard difficulty: One of the changes on that one is that players get a -10% chance to hit, and enemies get a +20% chance to hit. That explains my suspiciously low numbers.

Frozen status does still grant bonus armour, but it's a percentage (20%), which means it's almost impossible to notice the difference.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard