Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
stranger
stranger
T
Each freeze was a little different, as noted below...

Joining before companions added to party - IIRC it froze for ONLY the 3rd player trying to join. Player 1 and 2 were able to play normally the entire time. Perhaps reassigning will fix this as you noted.

Joining without mod enabled - This immediately froze the host and the 2nd player. Had to force close the client from task manager. This needs to be tested with other mods and reported to Larian.

Homestead Goblin - it just froze up during loading. It acted like it couldn't load the resources successfully. This may even be a problem with the main campaign as well and not your mod specifically.

Hopefully, I'll get to (test) it some more tonight. In actuality, I just want to play the hell out of it. 4 player is ridiculously fun. The only complaint I had from our players was the fact that the companions cannot initiate or advance a quest. The NPC's just say "I should talk to your master". But that's to be expected.

Last edited by techn0logic; 02/07/14 03:28 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Now all we need is a a companion creation screen at the start of the game that spawns with the main characters. If they could also somehow be flagged to initiate of advance quests then it would be a perfect mod!

Muz333 #506068 02/07/14 08:53 PM
L
stranger
stranger
L
This worked great for a while, minus the freeze on loading (which was easily solved by leaving the game and rejoining after loading complete).

But, now it doesn't work anymore. Says mod dependency error or something. Could it be the mod no longer works after Divinity has been updated?

edit: starting a new game doesn't even work. Seems the mod stopped working after the newest patch.

Last edited by Langeball; 02/07/14 09:05 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Langeball, the mod still works for me and I updated.

Did you download the 2nd version that he posted further down the page?

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505408#Post505408

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I have a problem joining to my friends. I try to join through steam and I have infinite screen : http://scr.hu/1cbw/cot09. Anyone know what to do?

Gorgorn #506459 03/07/14 05:55 AM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
It appears I need to make a new version of the mod, I've gotten past the error and fixed that but there seems to be an audio issue which is probably related to the new fixs for some of the audio stuff. When I get it working I'll post here. Got it new version posted. I'll edit the first post too.

Here's the new version. It should work fine just make sure you activate it and put it in the correct location.

http://www.blazemods.com/Mods/Divinity4PlayerModv105Pak.rar

Last edited by BlazeDragoon; 03/07/14 06:52 AM.
O
stranger
stranger
O
will the 2 players playing the henchmen be able to customize characters from scratch?

olje #506561 03/07/14 08:03 AM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by olje
will the 2 players playing the henchmen be able to customize characters from scratch?

Not with the mod not currently. Sorry:(. They will get the characters as you get them normally and then from there they can customize them. I have a method for changing the characters stats (if you haven't recruited them yet), but I have not found a way to give points to spend. There's a mod thread where someone is looking into if you're interested. That's found here. http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505972#Post505972 . If you were willign you could edit the stuff manually for what your other players want.

Last edited by BlazeDragoon; 03/07/14 08:04 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
The new version is unlike the older version in that the rar file contains an empty folder and a pak file. I put both in
C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods
..but I can't find the new version on the mod list ingame.

edit: oh, there's a new install folder. derp

Last edited by Langeball; 03/07/14 09:26 AM.
Langeball #506630 03/07/14 10:08 AM
L
LT. Offline
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Langeball
The new version is unlike the older version in that the rar file contains an empty folder and a pak file. I put both in

I must be still derp because I don't get why there is an empty folder. The instructions are not clear.

Previously I had the mod in the Steam folder common\Divinity Original Sin\Mods\

Putting it in the documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods\4player\pak file etc doesn't work.

LT. #506640 03/07/14 10:24 AM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by LT.
Originally Posted by Langeball

I must be still derp because I don't get why there is an empty folder. The instructions are not clear.

Previously I had the mod in the Steam folder common\Divinity Original Sin\Mods\

Putting it in the documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods\4player\pak file etc doesn't work.

You do not put the pak file in the 4 player folder. You just put it in the Mods folder. documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods\ . Keep the empty folder in the Mods folder as well, you can try deleting it but I'm not promising the game won't freak out over it for some reason.

Last edited by BlazeDragoon; 03/07/14 10:27 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by techn0logic
THANK YOU Blaze!

Played this last night with my wife and two of my friends on teamspeak. We had an absolute blast. In testing, we did run into a few issues but were able to get it to work on the 1.0.21 build eventually. We tested Saving/Loading, reassigning characters, spectating mode and then just starting playing through the game for about 4 hours.

Issues:

- Make sure the host goes into Divinity's options screen and allows people to connect to their games after loading the mod. We couldn't see our friends game after he saved the first time until he enabled online games again within his options.

- Game froze when the 3rd player tried to join at the very start of the game. We had to wait until we actually had the companions from town in our party before 3rd and 4th players could join successfully.

- Game froze when a player tried to join our match without having the mod enabled. They had it downloaded, but forgot to enable it. I know this is common sense, but Larian needs to add some kind of check to prevent people from crashing your game in this way.

- Game froze when we first met Homestead Goblin, Zizacks(?). We had to reload once and then we were teleported to homestead without issue.

Everything else worked great, so far.

After I correctly installed the new version of the mod (in the documents folder, not in steam) it worked just fine with our old saves.
and I confirm the above problems, though none of them ruin gameplay. again, thx for the mod.

kraeh #506835 03/07/14 01:56 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
Thanks for your hard work Blaze! Love this mod.

I tested v1.0.3 last night with a few friends. Everything seemed to work with one huge exception:

One of my friends is running Windows 8.1, then rest of us are running Windows 7. The guy that is running 8.1 kept getting an error when trying to connect about mismatched game files. He was able to play with us using v1.0.2.

Most of us are in IT that are playing together and I troubleshoot for a living. We spent 3 hours debugging this without a resolution. The only thing I didn't try was to connect a Win 8.1 to another Win 8.1 with the mod installed. We confirmed that the file mismatch is not happening from his client files as we could connect on a normal, unmodded game. I tried changing the permissions of the 4 player folder and the .pak file as well. I'm guessing Windows 8.1 is the issue because we pretty much ruled out nearly everything else.

Any thoughts? Can someone else confirm a connection between a windows 7 to windows 8.1 modded game?

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by techn0logic
Thanks for your hard work Blaze! Love this mod.

I tested v1.0.3 last night with a few friends. Everything seemed to work with one huge exception:

One of my friends is running Windows 8.1, then rest of us are running Windows 7. The guy that is running 8.1 kept getting an error when trying to connect about mismatched game files. He was able to play with us using v1.0.2.

Most of us are in IT that are playing together and I troubleshoot for a living. We spent 3 hours debugging this without a resolution. The only thing I didn't try was to connect a Win 8.1 to another Win 8.1 with the mod installed. We confirmed that the file mismatch is not happening from his client files as we could connect on a normal, unmodded game. I tried changing the permissions of the 4 player folder and the .pak file as well. I'm guessing Windows 8.1 is the issue because we pretty much ruled out nearly everything else.

Any thoughts? Can someone else confirm a connection between a windows 7 to windows 8.1 modded game?

I'm not really sure don't have windows 8 and have never used it. Could you let me know which version of the mod he has and the game version that you had when trying this?(I assume his game is up to date?). The game update yesterday caused this and the newest file I put up fixs it, but if he's still having it I'm not really sure:(.

Edit:
You seem to be using an older version maybe you guys were playing so game didn't update but his did so he couldn't? Anyways this sounds like the error from the update try this? Tried to be a bit in depth in case.

1.) Get the newest version http://www.blazemods.com/Mods/Divinity4PlayerModv105Pak.rar this is 1.0.5.0.

2.)Make sure everyone has deleted the files from 1.0.2.0 or older (the loose files in steam Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\ folder .

3.)Delete the old files from 1.0.3.0 from the documents folder ( C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods ).

4.)Make sure you extract the new .pak files for 1.0.5.0 to the correct folder ( C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods ). The 4Player empty folder I don't think is needed but I included it in case.

After this start up the game and make sure to activate the mod and see if it works. If it doesn't then I'm not sure. However, I know 1.0.3.0 did not work for me after the small update they recently put out.

Last edited by BlazeDragoon; 03/07/14 02:57 PM.
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Again I have endless Loading CharacterCreation and can't join at all...

Gorgorn #506927 03/07/14 03:05 PM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Gorgorn
Again I have endless Loading CharacterCreation and can't join at all...

Strange can you confirm your game version is 1.0.47.0 ? What version of the mod are you using? I haven't ever had this issue:(. It doesn't really mess with character creation which is strange. I don't have a solution for this sorry.

Either way if you haven't already started a game with this mod you may want to consider taking a look at this guide and using this method to play with more than 2 players. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=280039791

Offtopic:
I'm messing with 4 player character creation, which sort of works but doesn't. I can get it to show 4 characters at character creation and those translate to the game, but you can't actually customize them:(. It is amusing to run around with them in character select though.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Blaze,

Yeah we are using the latest version of DoS, 1.0.47.0 I think and we were using mod v1.0.3 after disabling the previous v1.0.2. I'll continue to test and debug it some more tonight. I hate Windows 8, but maybe I get a 2nd machine running it to test with.

Gorgon,

The endless loading can happen if you try to join a friends game at "bad" times. If two people are already in the character creation lobby then you will not be able to join and spectate. Can you verify at what point in the game your friends were when you tried to join? I would suggest that the host starts a game, runs into town and immediately pick up the two henchman before you try to connect. Also make sure your friends are not both using the "Lonewolf" talent.

Are you using windows 7 or 8?

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
If only 3 of us wants to play do we have to pick up both henchmans? I know location of only one. Im running 1.0.47 and 1.05 version of the mod and Windows 7. Im trying to join when they are in town not doing anything.

Gorgorn #507017 03/07/14 03:46 PM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Gorgorn
If only 3 of us wants to play do we have to pick up both henchmans? I know location of only one. Im running 1.0.47 and 1.05 version of the mod and Windows 7. Im trying to join when they are in town not doing anything.

3 should be able to play fine. You should only need 1 henchmen. If you are stuck at a black screen have the host assisgn you a character(Esc->Assign characters). Even if you don't have a follower and only the 2 main characters he can assign you a main character and take it back, and that fixs the black screen error. If you have an infinite loading error still I can't help you there:(

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
No black screens, just Loading CharacterCreation all the time. I also checked some random games, can't join to any game with that mod.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard