Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Gorgorn #507060 03/07/14 04:15 PM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Gorgorn
No black screens, just Loading CharacterCreation all the time. I also checked some random games, can't join to any game with that mod.

It's not loading character creation when you're trying to join your friends that were in town was it?

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
No, when they were in town it was loading Cyseal. Thing is, when loading bar reaches end its stuck, hints are still appearing but nothing is loading.

Gorgorn #507133 03/07/14 05:08 PM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
No, when they were in town it was loading Cyseal. Thing is, when loading bar reaches end its stuck, hints are still appearing but nothing is loading.

What's the longest you've tried waiting? If you've waited a good while I really don't know. Out of ideas at this point sorry man:/.

addict
addict
Even if I won't use it, that is a really good job !! well done

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I reinstalled my Windows and everything is ok, but me and my friends found weird bug. Sometimes in combat NPC walks out of the screen and camera follows him until he is gone from the map and we can only see black screen. There is no rule, it is happening randomly and only with that mod.

Gorgorn #508226 04/07/14 02:18 PM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
I reinstalled my Windows and everything is ok, but me and my friends found weird bug. Sometimes in combat NPC walks out of the screen and camera follows him until he is gone from the map and we can only see black screen. There is no rule, it is happening randomly and only with that mod.

You have some of the worst luck lol. I haven't encountered or heard of this one. I dunno what's causing it though, and I don't think it's something I can fix. The only thing this mod really modifies is the meta.lsx and to tell the game to be 4 players. If there's issues like these and it isn't some kind of dependency error, I don't think it's something I can do something about. Out of curiosity how often does it happen to you guys?

Last edited by BlazeDragoon; 04/07/14 02:18 PM.
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
1 of 3 fights, if we load save from before fight it will not bug again, like i said it's random.

apprentice
apprentice
Would it be possible to play with only 1 character?

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Magic Missile
Would it be possible to play with only 1 character?

What do you mean? Like remove the 2nd character from the game for a single player play through?

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by BlazeDragoon

What do you mean? Like remove the 2nd character from the game for a single player play through?

Yes.

Also, im looking for a way to display all obtainable skills in the chargen menu, not selectable ofc, just displayed along with default information on mouse-over. Would greatly help a person plan out their character.

I would try to do this myself but my editor is bugging out, something about a memory problem, yet i've run tests and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my ram..

Anyhow, editing the wiki to pass the time.

Last edited by Magic Missile; 04/07/14 03:39 PM.
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Btw are henchmans weaker than normal chars? I mean do they level up slower or get less points for leveling when playing with them?

Gorgorn #508519 04/07/14 06:34 PM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Btw are henchmans weaker than normal chars? I mean do they level up slower or get less points for leveling when playing with them?

I dunno about henchmen but madora and jahan don't seem to be.

UM, magic I dunno about showing all the skills, but making a single char is probably possible, and MAYBE even easy. Would certainly make the game more challenging:P.

Last edited by BlazeDragoon; 04/07/14 06:35 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I edited your mod with the intention to play the game solo(with one character);

- I can select and enable it, but it either doesn't apply the changes or it doesn't work(still two chars on chargen), Does it need to be a .pak file? since i had to extract to edit and was unable to re-package.

- It only seemed neccesary to edit the meta.lsx file as i didn't see any other relevant values in the .lsb files, did i make a mistake here?

I just wanna play solo frown

Last edited by Magic Missile; 04/07/14 09:36 PM.
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Magic Missile
I edited your mod with the intention to play the game solo(with one character);

- I can select and enable it, but it either doesn't apply the changes or it doesn't work(still two chars on chargen), Does it need to be a .pak file? since i had to extract to edit and was unable to re-package.

- It only seemed neccesary to edit the meta.lsx file as i didn't see any other relevant values in the .lsb files, did i make a mistake here?

I just wanna play solo frown

Just editing the player counter won't get rid of the characters, you'd have to at least edit the character creation and remove the 2nd character. On that note I don't know how the game would like only having 1 hero character when interactions between the two characters are supposed to occur. It might cause some issues/crashs. You would likely need to extract the files from the main.pak using the extractor tool and putting them in place to allow you to edit the files as well, otherwise it won't save.

Honestly, this might be more trouble than it's worth:P, the game would be A LOT harder with just 1 character as compared to the 2 with possible followers. Though I guess there's lonewolf and other modifications you could make. If you really want to do it though, make a new mod with main as data and dependencies and make sure you get all the levels there. Someone had made a guide for doing this if the levels are not there. After you haev the levels there close the editor, extract the main.pak files with the extractor, and then place those files in the Mods/Main folder or in your mod folder perhaps. Which ever one allows you to edit the files. Then try deleting one of the characters at character creation. Whatever happens with the characters at character creation seems to pull over to cyseal and such. I've had 4 starting characters from char creation->cyseal. Just no luck with being able to modify them:/.

Last edited by BlazeDragoon; 04/07/14 10:01 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
snip

By 'get all the levels there' you mean make a folder for each of the levels, matching the folder names to the Load Level names?
Or
Open each of the levels once and save?

Also, Do i only need to extract main.pak, not 1 and 2 also?

Last edited by Magic Missile; 04/07/14 10:44 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
made a thread for my own modding attempts so i won't clutter this one
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=508794&

stranger
stranger
This deserves more publicity, seems like it'll be a revolution for the game, perhaps the developers can take the idea on board and up the player count to four rather than the standard co-op idea.

Crisis #509151 05/07/14 10:09 AM
O
stranger
stranger
O
totally agree on the importance of this.
after all, an old school rpg experience need at least 3-4 players to be fully enjoyed.

We`re just waiting for a good and stable 4 player mod that will let you create 4 characters in the char creation menu and let them all start from the beginning. That the last two players wont have the dialogue option is not a problem.

apprentice
apprentice
Just editing the player counter won't get rid of the characters, you'd have to at least edit the character creation and remove the 2nd character. On that note I don't know how the game would like only having 1 hero character when interactions between the two characters are supposed to occur. It might cause some issues/crashs. You would likely need to extract the files from the main.pak using the extractor tool and putting them in place to allow you to edit the files as well, otherwise it won't save.

Honestly, this might be more trouble than it's worth:P, the game would be A LOT harder with just 1 character as compared to the 2 with possible followers. Though I guess there's lonewolf and other modifications you could make. If you really want to do it though, make a new mod with main as data and dependencies and make sure you get all the levels there. Someone had made a guide for doing this if the levels are not there. After you haev the levels there close the editor, extract the main.pak files with the extractor, and then place those files in the Mods/Main folder or in your mod folder perhaps. Which ever one allows you to edit the files. Then try deleting one of the characters at character creation. Whatever happens with the characters at character creation seems to pull over to cyseal and such. I've had 4 starting characters from char creation->cyseal. Just no luck with being able to modify them:/.

I have done this;
Create new mod with main dependancy
extract .pak to my mod folder
was unable to edit the chargen level because needed developer rights, instead with lstools i edtied players.lsb at Globals\Cyseal\Characters and removed Player2 Gameobjects tab.
Upon attempting new singleplayer game i get booted back to main menu.

In the chargen level, is there a way to remove the second player thingie without needing to save to player.lsb(protected file) ?

Last edited by Magic Missile; 05/07/14 04:37 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard