Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Vargr Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Hello,
I've a nice bug with my brother (neither me or him have this bug with someone else savegame) : when we load a multi savegame, the one who joined have 5 to all his stats (real stat, not just a visual bug : we can't wear anything who's need a stat >5).
So we can't play together... yesterday we managed to get our real stat with a direct connection, but today this won't worked and we're experiencing again this 5 stats bug...

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm french.

Support
Support

Did you both verify local files, and make sure you have the latest/same version?

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version) for both computers. The report will contain system and network information which should help Larian track down the problem.
The report also contains the save files; since they are not directly relevant in this case, you can delete most of them if file size is an issue.

V
Vargr Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Problem solved !
We both have NOD32 antivirus & firewall : after activate the game mode, our stat was back to their original value !
It seems the firewall was blocking something....

veteran
veteran
Nah, this happens from time to time going co-op... the stats *are* still there though, and upon a lvl-up they should display themselves properly again.
Had this everytime I co-opped in Beta.

V
Vargr Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
the stats *are* still there

I can see his character with his armor, but for him, the armor was back to the inventory because it's needed >5 str... Weird :-/

V
Vargr Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
After some test, it's not just cosmetic : He can't use ability because his character doesn't have the skill... which is on his hotbar (but in red)
In fact, it's not just the primary attributes at 5, but it's a no skills, no stats bug...

Impossible to play in coop, i'm praying for a quick hotfix now ^^

M
stranger
stranger
M
Having the same issue here, after this mornings patch. Happened after we saved and tried to reload a game.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Same issue here while playing coop with friend. Tried loading the game multiple times directly or through steam still i had just 5 stats and no skills assigned. Checked FW nothing blocked there.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi,

We have the exact same problem..
When I load a saved game we started together with a friend, he always end up with a character with stats at 5 and part / all of his equipment in his inventory (due to not having enough stats).

We tried different things but we did not manage to load a save game without having this problem yet.
It's really handicaping since he can't get his stats back until he level up.

Do you guys at Larian have any idea about this ?
This pretty much denies Co-op gameplay for us...

PS : we tried with different saved game, the one I had initiated and one saved game he started on his own.. same problem

Last edited by Dagreed; 27/07/14 03:00 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Same problem here.

But..it (only?) happens when i tries to fast to join (e.g while the savegame is still loading). Cant remember it happend anytime after the initial joining/loading.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Having the same issue here...
it rots gaming experience

Support
Support

As above, please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version) for (preferably) both computers.

For the saves, you can probably delete most to reduce the file size. Keep a couple representative saves from the host, especially if any seem to be more susceptible to this problem than others, or if there is anything you can do to reproduce it. A Dropbox or Google drive, etc, link to a report.zip file would be fine, as well.

apprentice
apprentice
I have the same problem with one of my friends, but we can solve the problem by reloading the save after joining and while the client loads, the server player should not use his keyboard or mouse.

Rollenspiel hört nicht beim technisch möglichen auf, es hört auf wo deine Fantasie endet.

Lasst uns den hilflosen Drachen vor der bösen Prinzessin retten!
... Das klingt irgendwie falsch...
addict
addict
I experienced this with my buddy. We could usually fix it by having the client character (the one affected) exit to the main menu and then re-join the game.

Do You Like Dreams?
M
stranger
stranger
M
Hi there,

We've got the same problem here, and we didn't manage to fix it using the suggested solutions in this thread. (firewall/antivirus/exit to main menu)
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

M
stranger
stranger
M
After trying a bit of everything, we found that loading an old saved game, then reloading the latest save fixes the problem.

old hand
old hand
Any update on this bug? I am running into this very often while playing the EE with a friend in online co-op. It seems to be primarily a UI synchronization issue for the player not hosting the game. It comes and goes but when it happens I will have just re-loaded a game, checked the stats, and mine look fine but the characters assigned to the connecting player have the '5' values. If she exits to the main menu and re-connects, they all look fine. Still rather unsettling!

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
Support
Support

No, AFAIK there has still been no reliable reproduction of this issue.

In addition to reloading or reconnecting, a temporary stat boost can help reset the attributes, such as from the Man At Arms skill Encourage.

old hand
old hand
Is there anything I can do to help Larian isolate it?

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
Support
Support

Not that I know of.

N
stranger
stranger
N
My friend's been having this issue (0 stats, not 5 though) when he joins coop with me, up until recently, reloading the save seems to have fixed it, but now nothing appears to be working.

Is it still worth generating a report with the support tool?

Support
Support

It wouldn't hurt, but so far the programmers have been unable to reproduce the problem with the provided profiles/saves, and it has only rarely occurred during testing. It would at least confirm the issue is still occurring, though.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Found a partial fix for this in Steam forums: The problems seems to sort itself out with 1-3 area changes. At least Cyseal -> Luculla Forest and Luculla Forest -> Luculla Forest Mines worked for us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard