Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
I am extremely impressed smile thanks!

S
stranger
stranger
S
I played D2 at launch and continue doing so to this day; it's an amazing game. I'll definitely be watching this thread. If I knew anything about the editor I'd offer to help but at this time I'm not experienced with it. Good luck with getting this working!

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Norbyte
Originally Posted by Shidiwen
Material Editor:
How the f*** does this thing work?

I'll make a tutorial on this tonight smile

When you are done the tutorial can you let me know thankyou ?

enthusiast
enthusiast
And so it begins...

[Linked Image]

Things i need help with:
How to make a Character creation map (like the one from main but themed like the Diablo 2 character creation) I dont know if it requires scripting if anyone has done anything with character creation or knows how to can you post here or send me a pm?

Story Editor:
How to set up different options in a dialog and Quests. Same as the top if anyone knows how to do these if you could post or send me a pm with info it would be greatly appreciated.

Material Editor:
How the f*** does this thing work?

What did you do exactly to make clicking on NPC open that dialog window? ;P

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by eRe4s3r
What did you do exactly to make clicking on NPC open that dialog window? ;P

I created Dialog in the story editor then changed his default dialog to the dialog i created, though i haven't managed to make more than dialog that lasts for 2-3 lines then i run out of global nodes.

But Larian said they would be releasing a tutorial on story editing shortly after release.

Last edited by Shidiwen; 07/07/14 04:25 PM.
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
The things i was hearing the most is that the town looked to spread out and empty, i have rescaled it slightly and added a few objects and changed some of the scenery.

[Linked Image]

Also my attempt at adding Dialog.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

This will be quite a slow process until i am fluent with the tools that are provided, not knowing how to script or getting instancing to work (like click on the cave entrance and being instanced into The Den of Evil). But the more guides / tutorials that are released and the more updates there are to the Engine the quicker this will go laugh

Construction outside of the town and the Den of evil entrance is basically finished. Next will be the Cold plains for the Burial grounds quest then Stony fields. All of Act 1 should be 1 map (with instances for caves and dungeon floors) to the Catacombs unless it becomes a problem to run.

The main hurdle of this is just getting dialog, questing and instancing done right and working.

Last edited by Shidiwen; 07/07/14 05:13 PM.
N
addict
addict
N

Damn it seems that the forum has a 10 image limit per post, so I can't post it here frown
(Should I post it elsewhere? Or should I split it to multiple posts?)

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S

Damn it seems that the forum has a 10 image limit per post, so I can't post it here frown
(Should I post it elsewhere? Or should I split it to multiple posts?)

Multiple posts or a youtube video, a video would do very nicely (viewer wise) i think people are looking for more tutorials on a lot of the tools) Like i am having trouble getting on action "teleport(1)" to the location i want it to, don't know what to do with the point items to get it working. But yea post how ever you feel is best, a tutorial on this is very needed especially if you can edit texture and colors of character models in the material editor.

N
addict
addict
N
Multiple posts or a youtube video, a video would do very nicely (viewer wise) i think people are looking for more tutorials on a lot of the tools) Like i am having trouble getting on action "teleport(1)" to the location i want it to, don't know what to do with the point items to get it working. But yea post how ever you feel is best, a tutorial on this is very needed especially if you can edit texture and colors of character models in the material editor.

A yt video would probably the best, however my spoken English is rubbish so I'll just stick to multiple posts smile
Expect an update soon!

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S

A yt video would probably the best, however my spoken English is rubbish so I'll just stick to multiple posts smile
Expect an update soon!

Thanks i really appreciate it if you know anything about the AI objects don't be shy and post a few tips :P lol (or how to make doorways!)

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Update, i just got instancing working and the waypoints, so my custom made Diablo 2 waypoints will be replacing Divinity:OS Wayshrines.

things are looking up laugh

We must cleanse the Den of Evil! horsey

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Shidiwen; 07/07/14 09:10 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
This is making remarkably fast progress considering the lack of knowledge on how to currently use the editor!

So what does the mod intend to encompass? The entire campaign? What about skills/classes or will you chose to use the current system? Custom mobs?

My apologies for so many questions but you have really peaked my interest.

veteran
veteran
Nice progress! smile

WOOS
Muz333 #512524 07/07/14 11:00 PM
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Muz333
This is making remarkably fast progress considering the lack of knowledge on how to currently use the editor!

So what does the mod intend to encompass? The entire campaign? What about skills/classes or will you chose to use the current system? Custom mobs?

My apologies for so many questions but you have really peaked my interest.

Well i want to create the entire campaign from Diablo 2 but in the Divinity Engine and style of D:OS (unless someone manages to make a new script to have simultaneous turns in combat) I would like to make new skills that are similar to Diablo 2 like the old school meteor or frozen orb (this is way later down the road as no one quite knows how to do this yet). most of the Dialog in the Rogue encampment is in just now and when i know how to import new sound files i will import the voiced dialog from Diablo 2 as well. I think i will need to put in a few custom quests or maybe even trigger events just to fill up space as Diablo 2 originally was very bare.

I am currently building the inside of The Den of Evil which is working as intended at the moment.

I also plan to make the teleport pyramids create a portal (like the ones you see in the screenshots) when you drop it on the ground. (just now i am using the wayshrine sound file on loop) but if i could import the portal sound from Diablo 2 that would be nice as well.

Custom portaits would be nice for dialog with like Deckard Cain and other characters.

No idea how i would make characters like Andariel / Tyrael, but i have a pretty good idea on how to do most of the characters / enemies in-game. Thanks to Norbyte and his material editor tutorial i can also now make Diablo i think.

A timescale for this is quite... unknown, there are around 28 locations in Act 1 (this includes different levels of caves / towers / catacombs etc) and so far i have done Rogue encampment, Blood Moor and partially done the Den of Evil. Its a large task no doubt about that opa !

Last edited by Shidiwen; 07/07/14 11:01 PM.
veteran
veteran
Wow, that's indeed a LARGE task. Maybe you should build up a team first? Im my experience making such large mods alone often ends in leaving the project somewhere in the middle... wink

WOOS
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Wow, that's indeed a LARGE task. Maybe you should build up a team first? Im my experience making such large mods alone often ends in leaving the project somewhere in the middle... wink

well at the moment i have kind of hit a problem, the AI grid keeps moving under the way. If i regenerate the AI grid it goes to its correct place and generates the land... But once i reload it goes back under the map.

Edit:
Fixed it. I got scared for a minute, i think its time to start saving back-ups lol.

As for building a team, i am all in for help from whoever can help.

Last edited by Shidiwen; 07/07/14 11:58 PM.
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Figure i would upload a picture of the Den of Evil since i manage to fix my AI Grid problem and Atmosphere trigger problems.

Its not quite done yet still got to paint down couple of different textures to really get that rocky mud cave look and finish adding lightly and maybe some puddles of water and general space filling.

[Linked Image]

stranger
stranger
This is really fantastic, I wouldn't have thought that someone could get this skilled with the editor already.
You even got lightshafts to work, that's been plaguing me since I started using it lol.
Your texture painting is natural as well as the placement of objects; just really excited to see more out of this project.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Amazing work so far, and in such a short time!

I have fond memories of paying D2 co-op with my brother - would love to rehash those memories in D2 Divinity.

One item - I don't think you can use original D2 assets/voices as that is copyright infringement. Of course, if the user has D2 already installed on their computer I'm sure you'd be able to link the sound clips to the original directory and sound clips - this way only users who own the original game/have it installed on their computer) will get the voice overs.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Wow, you've certainly set up for a large task but the fact you've already managed to make more progress than anyone else with the editor fills me with hope. I wish I had modding experience to offer you but I don't and I have a feeling that you make it look easier than it really is.

Maybe after the tutorials are out for the editor you can be fortunate enough to start a small team.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard