Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
stranger
stranger
E
Hmm, Windows 7 is indeed without service pack 1 or later. I'll work on that.

Already tried it with the AMD Settings uninstalled, did not work.

I guess I can try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, instead of just updating them. The monitor is Samsung Syncmaster 225mw if that matters.

I'll get back when I've tried some more of this stuff then, thanks for your help.

Support
Support

Don't worry about the DDI Version until you have SP1 installed; that will more than likely fix that problem (SP1 is required to have full hardware support for DirectX 11).

E
stranger
stranger
E
SP 1 has fixed it indeed. Thank you, and sorry to have bothered you, I seemed to have missed the SP thing in the thread before.

Support
Support

No problem; I'm glad you got it working.
The rest will probably help someone else, eventually. I should copy that to the start of the topic...

J
stranger
stranger
J
The problem os still actual for me. D:OS EE is crashing at startup, I don't even seen any screen on launch, just crash with 0xc0000005 error. Windows 10, 64-bit, nVidia GTX 1060 6gb, 12 Gb RAM.

The most interesting thing about is that Classic version is working fine, at least no problem with launch.

I tried almost everything from a lot of threads: creating different settings at documents folder, compability modes, resolution settings, reinstalling of game and redist. Any ideas how to fix it? I really want to play Enhanced Edition of the game.

Last edited by JokerDen; 15/05/17 10:26 AM.
Support
Support

If you check the Event Viewer, does that give a 'Faulting Module' file name that might help identify the cause of the crash?
- click Start (or WinKey-R), then type "event viewer" into the search box. in Windows 10, 'event' should bring up 'View event logs'.
- after starting the Event Viewer, expand 'Windows Logs' in the left column and select 'Application'
- in the center column, look for a recent error (maybe sort by Date and Time) for the game
- check the information under the 'General' tab below the list of events, starting with "Faulting application name..."

If you have any generic or obscure USB controllers (or other devices) plugged in, try disconnecting them. Crashes on startup with faulting module names of ntdll.dll and EZFRD64.DLL, can (particularly for the latter) be related to USB controllers or PS2 to USB adapters (for various games).
One person reported a crash using the Wii U controller adapter in Dinput mode, which could be fixed by uninstalling the drivers (though that also eliminated rumble support).
Another reported this issue with a USB hub, and Windows 10 in particular seems to have more problems with USB devices that are not fully recognized.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls have caused conflicts (generally on loading screens) and overlays from graphics tweaking/monitoring programs or chat programs have also caused issues.

The exception code c0000005 is a memory access violation, but there are a variety of possible causes.

Try checking your system files:
- click Start, type cmd into the search box, right click Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
- type the following command and hit Enter
sfc /scannow
When that is done, type exit and hit Enter, then reboot your computer.
For more details, see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/929833

You can try testing your RAM, though if only D:OS is crashing, it probably isn't a hardware issue. You can use the Windows Memory Diagnostic program or (much more thorough) Memtest86.
http://www.memtest.org

J
stranger
stranger
J
Great thanks! That was really problem of gamepads. After I unplagged chinese controller game started work fine. Actually it's sad a little but I hope one Xbox gamepad is enough for hotseat coop (+keyboard and mouse).

Support
Support

Split screen co-op is only supported (in the Enhanced Edition) with 2 controllers.

However, at least in Windows you can use a virtual gamepad, like Headsoft's VJoy Virtual Joystick Driver (with the option set to block keys, in order to stop keystrokes from also being sent to the game).

After setting up the keys, you would need to use x360ce to get the game to recognize the virtual joystick. The default settings should be fine, though opening the x360ce program can make it easier to test the key layout and assignments.

I didn't do a full gamepad configuration when I tried this a while ago, just the left stick, Dpad, A/B/X/Y and start buttons, enough to see if it would work, and get local split screen going with a keyboard and Xbox 360 controller.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard