Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#495843 20/05/14 10:07 AM
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Massive Divinity: Original Sin Collector's Edition Announced: Includes Four Games, and More; Mac Version Also Announced

As Divinity: Original Sin nears its June 20th release date, the team at Larian Studios unveils a limited-supply Collector's Edition, featuring four Divinity titles and more.

Additionally, a massive new update to the game's beta on Steam Early Access unlocks a fully-functioning version for Mac.

PC and Mac players can now also play together on-the-go with the newly-implemented "Laptop Optimized" mode.

About the Collectors Edition

Of the 3,000 English-language units of the Collector's Edition, 1,500 have been claimed by Kickstarter backers.
The remaining 1,500 are available for 69.99 EUR, exclusively at www.larianvault.com .

[Linked Image]

For details about the Collectorç—´ Edition, please visit www.divinityoriginalsin.com

About the Mac Version

The Mac version features full Retina support, an improved 鏑aptop Optimized mode, and support for a wide range of systems. Purchase of either the Mac or PC version of the game grants you access to both versions.
The minimum system required is Mac OS X 10.8/10.9 with 4GB of memory. The game will run on Intel HD 3000 & 4000 graphics cards, but those should be considered minimum requirements. For integrated chipsets like Intel Graphics, we highly recommend 8GB of memory.

For detailed system specs, please visit www.divinityoriginalsin.com.

About the Steam Update

*Mac & PC players can now play together.
*New 'Laptop Optimized' mode will keep your game running smoothly, whether you're travelling by air, sky, or sea. Touchpad control support is also added.
*Steam Cloud saves are active, so you can continue playing your savegames from several devices.
*The AI now adapts its tactics to players and the environment, and it can also make use of potions and special arrows.
*The treasure generation has been completely revamped
*Pouches allow you to easily organize items in your inventory.
*The skill & spell abilities have been revised to better support classless character builds
*Skills and spells can now be ç ¥nlearned" and also have requirements
*10 extra talents have been added. Talents now also have requirements
*New skill effects have been added. Go on, summon a spider!
*Several quality-of-life improvements including inventory sorting, context-sensitive item menus, a dialog log, action-point usage previews, the ability to use objects from another characterç—´ inventory and more
*Numerous bug fixes and balancing changes

M
stranger
stranger
M
A long time ago, a bunch of us on Kickstarter paid for the Alpha access tier. Then later on, all Early Access users got access to Alpha, and the Alpha buyers received refundable Larian Vault store credit.

Anyway, now we're sitting on some store credit, and it might be a year or so before any new releases AFAIK.

Is there a way to upgrade to Collector's Edition from 2x Early Access? I also noticed that Collector's Edition is advertised as coming with Steam keys, but I wouldn't be interested in switching over from GOG - but I don't take one logo on a jpg as the complete final word.

Anyway, I would think about paying the difference for Collector's given what I have now, but I don't have use for another two Steam keys.

Only one minotaur. I am minotaur. You are not minotaur. You never be minotaur. SORRY.
C
stranger
stranger
C
So with the collectors edition boxed copy, do you get the keys emailed ahead of time so we can play right away, or do we have to wait for the box to arrive to use the key and download? I'm assuming we'd get the key's in the email since whoever is buying the collectors edition is going to have to download the game either way.

addict
addict
You'd assume wrong, as standard practice is to put everything in a box and ship it.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Colt47
So with the collectors edition boxed copy, do you get the keys emailed ahead of time so we can play right away, or do we have to wait for the box to arrive to use the key and download? I'm assuming we'd get the key's in the email since whoever is buying the collectors edition is going to have to download the game either way.

And how should the devs know exactly which code is in your box?

If they already e-mail you a code you would have two in the end...

And you don't have to download the whole game, just the updates, if you own the box version.

Last edited by LordCrash; 13/07/14 05:20 PM.

WOOS
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Is there a fix in here for multiples of dex/str character? I'm specifically thinking about the issues stemming from certain skill books never being available in vendors and far less in multiples.

Link Copied to Clipboard