Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 33 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 32 33
D
OP Offline
D
I've been considering releasing the source for MooseEdit. Is this something that anyone would be interested in?

Using the source code, I think it would be relatively easy to make a mod manager (for example) that lets you add/remove mods from an in-progress game as well as enumerates and displays the mods in a user-friendly way.
It would probably also be easy for someone to port MooseEdit to another platform like Mac or Linux. It's coded using entirely portable functions and a crossplatform front-end (Qt UI).

Not to mention there's some useful things that the editor could be programmed to do but just isn't there yet. Like the ability to browse all existing items in the game world and move them into your inventory (rather than generating new items out of nothingness), or to add greater than 4 characters to your party (like a persistent 10 player server maybe, that would be interesting).

I've already added all the features that I see as necessary at this point

Last edited by Dairymoose; 17/06/15 02:18 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Hello I'm new here and i bear a question as when i load a character i get the dang thing complaining about not finding the Main.pak file and i have a gog instal which might be the problem damned if i know and I'm asking here cause that's 28 pages with a lot of text the first 5 of which mostly deal with the game editor not your program DM

also as I'm one of those that says sharing is caring i say release the code cause you never know who may want it

Edit: Nevermind i figured it out sorry for the stupid question i just didn't properly tell it where to look

Last edited by Ascarin; 21/06/15 01:15 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Can't get MooseEdit to work. It tells me it can't find the game.pak file. Can anyone offer advice?

Support
Support

When you open MooseEdit, there are 2 paths that must be specified, one to your PlayerProfiles folder (in your My Documents folder), and the other to the game's Data folder ('..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data', or similarly for the GOG install path). On the right side of the window, near the top, click on the lower folder button and make sure the path is correct.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Download is missing! mediafire link broken shame ouch sad rolleyes think down eek disagree confused aargh frown mad suspicion sad wave

Support
Support

The link is fine. Try a different browser, disable anti-virus or browser filters (ad blockers, etc) that may be interfering, or use this mirror link for alpha 34 (20MB).

Raze #571574 13/10/15 06:37 AM
F
stranger
stranger
F
AWESOME

Thank you !

addict
addict
Dairymoose, thanks so much for the editor! It gets me half-way to customizing the two companions I'm planning to take with me. Hope you can update for the Enhanced Edition when it comes out. smile

It's a pity that the companions' looks and names are hard-coded. I tinkered a bit with the editor and found a way to change their names via a mod, but I guess mods only work correctly when you start a new game. Still need to figure out how to change their looks ...

Do You Like Dreams?
enthusiast
enthusiast
Dairymoose, are you going to make a D:OS:EE update of the editor?

I mean, it's been a whole day! laugh

M
stranger
stranger
M
I hope there will be one for enhanced edition too

Last edited by Michel889; 29/10/15 10:32 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
it be cool to have editor for divinity EE

P
stranger
stranger
P
I too would appreciate any time and work spent on updating for the EE.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Any plans on updating the editor for enhanced edition?

P
stranger
stranger
P
Yes, please, please, please a version for EE!!! Do you have a prediction on that? We're all waiting! Thank you so much.

A
stranger
stranger
A
[quote=Dairymoose]I've been considering releasing the source for MooseEdit. Is this something that anyone would be interested in?[/quote]

I suppose this is probably the wrong time to say, "Yes, please!"

P
stranger
stranger
P
I would also be very grateful if there was an update.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hey, it s my first run with a friend and i failed so hard in my spec.
I would love to respec with an update of Dairymoose's editor :)
Thanks

Last edited by Suba; 30/10/15 02:42 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
wow,so many have asked,but ill ask again...any way to tinker with it for ee ?..please

apprentice
apprentice
I'd just like to add my voice to the want for an EE version.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I'm also one of these people that want the editor that can modift the EE version, but we should give DairyMoose sometime. He's likely busy. Probably. Would be awesome if he added the source code as well so some of us can muck around with it.

Page 28 of 33 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard