Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
The portraits selector puzzled me during character creation, none of the preset matched my couple (and they weren't "rare" at all but the portraits simply didn't match)... This is a long game and we need to feel comfortable with our characters but I was forced to change my custom characters with faces and hairs that match the few available presets.

Most games shows directly in 3D the face you have chosen, but for the nature of this game would be better to show a static image, about this, many games have a simple routine that takes a shoot of the character and keeps the customized portrait.bmp in the savegame folder, (even by this way we can change easily this image to customize the portrait).

At least, if you don't want to add one of those 2 common systems, would it have a (simple) way to use custom portraits in future updates? Like in Baldur's Gate for example, a game from the past century...

[Linked Image]

enthusiast
enthusiast
+1

stranger
stranger
+1
this issue bothers me a lot, as I couldnt find one signle portrait that made me feel comfortable.
they all seem to be ultra grim in their facial expression.

Last edited by Hungriger Hu; 17/07/14 09:19 AM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I've learned how to change the avatars by editing the game files (but the game still need an easy way to do that). Here are few more suggestions.

1. Bigger avatars:
The avatars are too small and the 4 characters don't fill the height of the screen, they could be taller, a rectangle instead of a square (like Baldur's Gate).

2. Option to hide the "+" icons:
This game requires to keep points to advance in further levels, so we will be most of the time seeing those "+" icons over our portraits. It would be nice an option to disable those "alerts", we already know that we have unspent points, don't need to be constantly reminded.

3. Effects in the portraits:
All buffs stacks horizontal from the portraits, disturbing the vision, for example I don't get Leadership to not see all the time the portraits with the leadership icon aside. The effects could be stacked under or in the portraits or in them with taller portraits.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I agree with this suggestion smile

stranger
stranger
You said it all ! Bigger and more portraits by letting (amongst other things) us import custom pictures would satisfy the gamers like the developers.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard