Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#562107 30/01/15 11:52 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
It's time for the first update of 2015!

In addition to a number of bug fixes (thank you for all your feedback!), we've gone through all of the encounters in the game and made a ton of balancing changes that we think will make combat even more fun. We've also activated the Steam Cloud saves, and we have good news! PC & Mac savegames are compatible. For the modders out there, we can finally release the exporters that will allow you to import your own models and animations into the game.

Here's the list of the most important changes and a few important remarks about Cloud saving:

Cloud system:
When you enable cloud for Divinity: Original Sin, you will see your cloud quota in the save/load screens. Only new savegames will be uploaded to the cloud as they have a new, compressed format. So if you need your latest saves on the cloud, you will have to load them and resave. You will then see a cloud icon next to them. Hover over the different statuses in the save/load screen to see what will be added and removed from the cloud. You can remove saves manually from the cloud by deleting them via the in-game menu. Furthermore, the game will remove older saves from the cloud automatically when you have run into the max amount of cloud save data. Keep in mind that if you use the Steam Cloud for Original Sin, you will be uploading data on a regular basis if you make a lot of saves. Upload speeds will depend on your Internet connection.

FAQ for Cloud:
  • Do the cloud saves work cross-platform (Mac <-> PC)?
    * Yes, you can sync from PC to Mac and Mac to PC.
  • What happens to my old saves?
    * They remain locally on your current PC. Only new savegames made in patch 1.0.251.0 and beyond will be uploaded to the cloud.
  • What happens when my quota is full?
    * Your newest saves are uploaded to the cloud and oldest saves are removed from the cloud. This does not mean you lose your saves. They are just removed from the cloud, but stay locally on your PC.
  • What do the icons mean in the save/load screens?
    * "Cloud with arrow" means the save will be uploaded to the cloud upon exiting the game. "Cloud with x" means the save will be removed from the cloud upon exiting the game. A normal cloud means the save is correctly in sync.
  • How do I turn on/off Steam Cloud?
    * You can do this by clicking through the following steps: Library > right click on game > Properties > Updates > Steam Cloud > Check or uncheck the checkbox at the bottom.
  • Note: since the game is DRM-free, it can be started manually from the game folder while steam cloud is syncing. Do NOT do this, as it can possibly corrupt your steam cached cloud files. You will not lose any saves, but the cloud will be confused as to what is in sync and what is not. Please only start the game via steam, if steam is running.

Bug Fixes:
  • Gameplay Blocked when talking to Leandra while escaping from Death Knights
  • Bairdotr party size issue fixed. You were no longer able to recruit a 4th party member. Loading your savegame should allow you to re-hire a 4th companion immediately.
  • Fixed Homestead room-opening issue if you spoke to Zixzax with a companion first, while other player characters were arriving. If you had this issue pre-patch, you can try loading your save and returning to the Homestead.
  • Fixed Zandalor being interruptible when you first meet him. This could cause story progression issues.
  • Evelyn NPC blocked and remains in clinic before and after going through the lair scene
  • Equipment usable in skill bar
  • "Send to Homestead" appears in context menu if you start new game after loading save
  • Change Tenebrium weapon damage calculation: Tenebrium ability is now a requirement and you get the damage boost from your weapon ability
  • Kickstarter pet black spider should now be the black spider model instead of fleshy spider
  • Ingame time incorrect after loading a save and then starting a new game
  • Due to cloud being enabled, the way the player profiles are shown in the game has changed. All existing profiles are scanned and available, instead of only the profiles linked to your steam account.
  • Fixed issue that could get your character stuck in skill preview mode after spamming skill keys when leaving a dialog

Mac specific changes:
  • VideoCardBlackList expanded with all the reported models for Yosemite (Lockup on first screen on old hardware)
  • OpenGL specific fixes for flickering objects
  • OpenGL performance improvements
  • Effects library updated with camera effect
  • Smoother zoom and scroll
  • Books rendering issues with OpenGL
  • Mouse right click in fake full screen was not working

Balancing changes:
Cyseal
  • Chimaera (script improved)
  • Dietmar (bugfix: enemies won't turn invisible again on save/load)
  • Lighthouse Horror (bugfix: scripting error)

Black Cove
  • Crab Summoner (now summons more, hits harder, can teleport back to the player if too far away)

Luculla Forest
  • Blue Mushrooms (bugfix: summons will not be of a different faction anymore)
  • Void Shepherd (bugfix: killing the shepherd now ends the fight)
  • Drunk Goblins (bugfix: goblins were not ending turn when drinking from flower)
  • Rafflesia (bugfix: now summons level 14 flowers)
  • Shadow Summoner (now stronger & faster)
  • Spider Queen (bugfix: now summons level 14 spiders)
  • Kromkromkris (bugfix: doesn't get attacked by his own summons anymore)

Hiberheim
  • Boreas (bugfix: made non-teleportable & doesn't move when it's not his turn anymore)

Dark Forest
  • Anguish Demon (removed one summon, making the fight a bit easier)
  • Fire Demon (summons void dogs faster)
  • Kalgruuda Cloudpiercer (doesn't end turn after summoning and summons don't skip their first turn anymore)
  • Braogg Spiritchaser (doesn't end turn after summoning anymore)
  • Tunnel Mushroom (made non-teleportable)

Stats changes
  • Rebalanced Constitution & Damage: from Luculla to Dark Forest, overall, creatures go down faster but deal more damage
  • Toned down Armor: some Armor scores were too high, resulting in unnecessarily long fight
  • Rebalanced Initiative: some creatures had too high an Init, others too little. NPC Init scores will now be closer to players' score
  • Rebalanced Willpower & Bodybuilding throughout the game
  • Rebalanced physical & magical resistances
  • Some creatures had high dexterity and were difficult to hit
  • Pure elementals (fire, water, air, earth) now have proper resistances and immunities
  • Magic weapons changed (example: a flaming sword would inflict pure fire damage. Now, it inflicts physical (slashing) damage + a fire boost)

Editor Update:
  • We have supplied a 3DSMax exporter to allow you to import custom animations and models into your mods

Update:
We added the following hotfixes with 1.0.252.0:
  • loading of a save with missing mod dependencies now throws correct error message instead of crashing
  • fixed possible crash during/at end of combat (texture issue)

Last edited by Larian_QA; 02/02/15 03:49 PM.
T
TGM Offline
apprentice
apprentice
T
Khm, what about perk change?

P
stranger
stranger
P
after aplying newst patch my game doesnt work :( i cannot use my save, there appears only main menu then my game crash and quit to the windows

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by pioleo158
after aplying newst patch my game doesnt work frown i cannot use my save, there appears only main menu then my game crash and quit to the windows

please try doing a verification of game cache :

Library > right click on the game > select properties > click on local files tab > click on "verify integrity of game cache"

if this does not work, please send us your latest save
supportdos@larian.com

Last edited by Larian_QA; 30/01/15 12:20 PM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
Had the same problem, worked like a charm. Thank you!

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Larian_QA

Bug Fixes:
  • Change Tenebrium weapon damage calculation: Tenebrium ability is now a requirement and you get the damage boost from your weapon ability

Can you be a bit more specific about how this affects damage?

e.g. Let's say I have +2 Tenebrium and +4 Bow skills. If I have a Bow that does 100 piercing, 100 fire, and 100 Tenebrium damage, this used to mean +20% to each (from the Tenebrium only) I think?

Does this now mean +60% damage to each? Or +40% to piercing + fire and +20% to Tenebrium damage? Or something else entirely?

P
stranger
stranger
P
unfortunately it still doesn't work, create a new save game doesnt work either :( i get crash every time, yesterday everything was ok. I'll send my latest save

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by pioleo158
unfortunately it still doesn't work, create a new save game doesnt work either frown i get crash every time, yesterday everything was ok. I'll send my latest save

could you provide a dropbox or other link to your save ? then we can have a look right away

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by drfrogsplat

Bug Fixes:

Can you be a bit more specific about how this affects damage?

e.g. Let's say I have +2 Tenebrium and +4 Bow skills. If I have a Bow that does 100 piercing, 100 fire, and 100 Tenebrium damage, this used to mean +20% to each (from the Tenebrium only) I think?

Does this now mean +60% damage to each? Or +40% to piercing + fire and +20% to Tenebrium damage? Or something else entirely?

What it means is:
If you have a bow that also does tenebrium damage, you now get damage boost from the bow ability instead of the tenebrium ability. Tenebrium is only used as a requirement to equip tenebrium weapons.

It used to be the case that from the moment a weapon had tenebrium damage, your single-handed, two-handed, bow, .... abilities did not affect the damage

Last edited by Styno; 30/01/15 01:36 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
i have the same problem.. tried verify integrity of game cache twice still not working..tried creating a new game but still same problem.just crash at the loading screen.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Please provide a link to the savegame if possible

Could you also link the .dmp file that is located in your shipping folder ?
typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\divinity original sin\shipping

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Users with 32-bit OS could have crashing on load or new game.
We will apply a hotfix for this as soon as possible.

Thank you for reporting!

Last edited by Larian_QA; 30/01/15 02:06 PM.
Styno #562126 30/01/15 02:13 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
<Tenebrium change>

So does this mean that:
1. I have to pour in 15 more points into the weapon skill to get the original damage boost as before (with Tenebrium 5 only), or
2. If I put the 15 points, I will get additional damage boost?
Because if it's the 1st case, wow. Just wow.

T
stranger
stranger
T
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pdgnnp9cnazjoyh/AAB8Cqa0tr7iO1cr_y1z5BcDa?dl=0

srulz #562128 30/01/15 02:50 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by srulz
<Tenebrium change>

So does this mean that:
1. I have to pour in 15 more points into the weapon skill to get the original damage boost as before (with Tenebrium 5 only), or
2. If I put the 15 points, I will get additional damage boost?
Because if it's the 1st case, wow. Just wow.

Balance changes happen. It's a part of life.

The actual change is that weapon damage is now based on your weapon skill, and Tenebrium skill is required to wield higher-level Tenebrium weapons.

Admittedly though, that change is not very good because now you're going from "points into weapon skill do not matter for damage boosts, only Tenebrium does" to "points into Tenebrium do not boost damage only weapon skill does, but Tenebrium is required as a tax anyway".

Requiring a bunch more points that don't really do anything to help you is not great. It seems to me that would discourage using Tenebrium weapons at all.

Last edited by Stabbey; 30/01/15 02:55 PM. Reason: additional
The hotfix is now live and the issue for 32-bit users should be fixed. You may need to restart Steam in order to download the hotfix. Thanks again for your quick assistance.

I
stranger
stranger
I
First of all, thank you for the work.
Anyway, I have to report the same issue, I get a crash when I try to continue/load a pre-patch savegame. The program crashes and I get as additional info of the crash: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I validated Stream's file as suggested and restart it as well. I also turned off any mod I had installed, but nothing changed.
Saving and reloading a new gameplay works normally.

Support
Support

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a zipped save.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder. In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

Alternately, you can send the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete most of the saves from the zip.

P
stranger
stranger
P
As I see it's working now.Thank You very much for awesome help and support. smile

apprentice
apprentice
So is this the big 2015 update? I bought D:OS a few months ago and was about to start playing over Christmas till I heard about the rebalancing update(s) to come. Just wondering if it's time for me to start playing finally or if more is to come. I'm not likely to replay the game (or any other) so I want my play-through to be optimal. If the game is still too easy in the latter stages and there's more to be done to change that, I'll wait. I want a challenge.

I was about to start TW2, but will put it on hold if this patch is it.

veteran
veteran
No, the big one probably won't be out for a couple more months at least. The hardcore mode basically will have them going in and rebalancing every single combat encounter in the entire game by hand, which is a lot of work.

apprentice
apprentice
Great, thanks. Back in half a year, then wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi all,

i am using the GOG Version and Patch 1.0.251.0 is not online.

Is the "Missing Sound" bug fixed now?
(no info about "Missing Sound" Bug in the Bug Fixes List) shame

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=554800#Post554800

Last edited by john carmack; 30/01/15 09:11 PM.
Support
Support

No.

Raze #562153 30/01/15 09:14 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

No.

WHY?

Sounds are missing since 1.0.177 (September 2014)!!! opa rolleyes shame

Support
Support

There are a number of changes and additions being made to spell sound effects, so presumably the fixes for those specific stances are part of that, which will be included in the large balancing update (with the new skills, difficulty mode, etc).

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
So hoping for a different answer here so I don't get angry. Are none of the sound regression bugs introduced in 0.219 (example: the Cyseal Ship sound effect and companion trigger sound effects for content, voiced lines not firing) were fixed in the last 3 months?

Please don't tell me you didn't leave these basic quality of play bugs unfixed with a blanket "We'll fix then in the next 6 months" excuse?

Last edited by zenblack; 31/01/15 12:38 AM.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I was trying to play a 3-player campaign with some friends earlier and it had been working fine up until this patch. We didn't start the save file with a 3/4 player mod so were were using the hex editor method of changing the value of NumPlayers in the main_1.pak file. As of the patch it appears we can no longer do this as line <attribute id="NumPlayers" value="2" type="1" /> no longer exists.

Was this intentionally removed? If so is there some other way for us to continue the campaign with 3 players without starting over using a mod?

Thanks in advance.

Support
Support

The size and structure of the 'Main' files was changed; there used to be 3 files, now there are 2, and the NumPlayers term to edit is in Main.pak, rather than Main_1.pak. Search for "NumPlayers" with the quotes to skip over some other instances of the NumPlayers term, or just hit next a few times until you get to the last instance.

veteran
veteran
Been a while since I played D:OS (before the 'big' patches or the bonus teammates). Guess I should give it another run with these fixes, or wait for the "big" patch... anyway, keep up the good work!

C
C
Just a short question regarding the henchmen.

Right now it seems, you either have to babysit one of them to make him or her level or they become totally redundant at later stages of the games. Are there any plans to make them more useful, since right now they don't seem to serve any purpose?

The newest patch seems to work fine by the way. I'm running the steam version and it seems, loading times have become quite a bit shorter than they previously were.

R
addict
addict
R
Where might the 3DSMax Exporter be located, and how is it used?

R
stranger
stranger
R
I plan on finally buying this game in the next couple of days from the Steam store.

My question is....

I understand there have been several patches since the original launch of DOS, including this recent one. If I buy from Steam this week, will all the patches be automatically included? OR will I have to download and install each?

enthusiast
enthusiast
When you buy a game on steam it always downloads the latest and most current version and it keeps it up-to-date, assuming you run steam. It's automagical wink That said, you need to download and install Steam (the application) before you can download D:OS. And you need an steam account.

--> Where might the 3DSMax Exporter be located, and how is it used?
Want to know this too

old hand
old hand
Is the 3DSMax Exporter the "Export selected objects(.obj)" option under the tools. I can't remember if that was there before the patch or not, if this really is the "exporter." Please release a written or video tutorial explaining how to use the exporter!

What I do know wasn't in the editor before though was the new "Help" tab, but all it has is a Version History and an updater. Unfortunately the version history seems to send me to a broken link: http://www.fileserver5.com/wiki/index.php/Glasses_Changelog

Great patch regardless, though I'll still be waiting for the new difficulty before I'm going to go through D:OS again. Thanks for having the business model you do where you'll be patching a game heavily for around a year (if not more).

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by john carmack
Hi all,

i am using the GOG Version and Patch 1.0.251.0 is not online.

Is the "Missing Sound" bug fixed now?
(no info about "Missing Sound" Bug in the Bug Fixes List) shame

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=554800#Post554800

Just wanting to ask when the patch will show up on GoG.

Support
Support

GOG usually releases patches in a day or two, so likely Monday or Tuesday.

R
stranger
stranger
R
[quote=eRe4s3r]When you buy a game on steam it always downloads the latest and most current version and it keeps it up-to-date, assuming you run steam. It's automagical wink That said, you need to download and install Steam (the application) before you can download D:OS. And you need an steam account.

Thanks!

T
stranger
stranger
T
I love the game, I've spent >200 hours with it and I thank the developers for keep making it better with its patches. Nevertheless, with this last patch, I have a small complaint.

Although, I think the changes that came into effect with this patch are in the right direction, I don't like it when the rules of a game change in the middle of the game. In particular, the change concerning the tenebrium weapon damage calculation affects a lot the way I have built my team. Let me explain:

Before the patch, the tenebrium skill affected the damage caused by any tenebrium weapon or any standard weapon that (via crafting) had been boosted with tenebrium. That practically mean, that as soon as I learned how to handle tenebrium, I boosted all the weapons of my characters (one handed, two handed, bows and crossbows) with tenebrium and then, to increase the damage inflicted by them I only had to spend skill points on the tenebrium skill. There was no point any more to increase the one handed skill, the two handed skill, the bow skill or the crossbow skill as they didn't affect anymore the damage of my weapons. As a consequence, from the moment I learned how to handle tenebrium, I spent most of my skill points to boost the tenebrium skill to all my characters (except the magician) and bring them all to skill level 5. Now, all of a sudden, all these skill points I've spent go to waste because, according to the new rules, the damage inflicted by the weapons is decided by the corresponding weapon skill and not by the tenebrium skill regardless of the weapon being made of or boosted with tenebrium. The tenebrium skill is now only used as a perquisite to be able to handle certain tenebrium weapons. Well, that is a completely useless skill then because tenebrium weapons are way inferior to standard weapons so I don't use them. For example, a standard sword of level 20 for example, will have a base damage of say 200 whereas a tenebrium sword will have maybe slightly more, let's say 220. But you can boost the standard weapon with blacksmithing and crafting up to >250 damage and give it also some tenebrium damage if you combine it with a tenebrium bar. On the other hand, you cannot boost a tenebrium weapon by any means. Consequently, the standard weapons (boosted with tenebrium bars and blacksmithing) end up being way better that tenebrium weapons of the same level which means that there is no point using tenebrium weapons and that means that the tenebrium skill with the new rules is completely useless.

In a few words, I've spent most of my skill points in the last 5-6 level-ups to boost my tenebrium skill and now with the new rules all these skill points go to waste. I agree that it makes more sense to measure the damage of a weapon by its corresponding skill and not by a common tenebrium skill but that change should only take effect when you start a new game. You should never change the rules of the game in the middle of it.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I just posted a thread bringing up that same issue. Changing the rules that drastically was not the best move.

ESPECIALLY when combined with the change to added damage, so Tenebrium weapons have normal (crushing/piercing/slashing) damage with an extra 30 percent added on.

veteran
veteran
BUG: Crafting items with Tenebrium Bars does not add a "Requires Tenebrium" attribute to the item.

BUG: Higher levels of Tenebrium, Crafting, and Blacksmithing do NOT improve the damage of weapons crafted with Tenebrium bars. There is literally no benefit at all in Tenebrium rank 4 and 5. None.

Thank you for the new patch, please keep up the good work!

Apart from the odd behaviour of the tenebrium skill which Stabbey also mentioned I seriously welcome the new elemental damage system. Elementals of the same type can now actually kill each other not being completely immune to the damage anymore. This is great, it was too overpowered to use elemental summons against elemental opponents.

enthusiast
enthusiast
disclaimer: have yet to play it on the new patch, GOG

That said, tenebrium reminded me of late Divine Divinity issues. Forget all your hard earned skills, now on you only boost the divine(?) (what were they called?) skill lines that just unlocked. Never got why they did that, but.. smile

Casters-aside, tenebrium had similarities to said glaring issue back in DD. Will be honest and admit i was really surprised something even remotely similar to said concept had made its way back in. Partly the differences between the two, partly that playing two casters on hard sans any companions, ever, i kinda skipped by it.

I -do- however, personally, find it a wise move making it simply a prerequisite. Easier to maintain some semblance of balance, as you still have to measure and tweak the original skills, more logical within the RPG context, as it no longer pretty much invalidates all you have worked for thus far. If anything, i wish that, with DD in ther "CV", they would have had the insight to have eschewed it altogether. Honestly curious to know what got into them in the first place. This is a good move smile

(for those of you complaining, it's an intermediate, mini-balancing patch. You do not --need-- to run it..let it go. You want a new run, wait for the hardmode/balancing patch. Don't see any issue, why the fuss)

Last edited by Aenra; 02/02/15 02:22 AM.

Pride, honour and purity
veteran
veteran
Definitely a huge step up from the old system.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
How is the teller of secrets restocking this patch? Fixed again? Unfixed still?
With how much this goes back and forth i just dont know how they want me to play the game! Was thinking of starting up a new game since its been a while, but if ill need to do a low level run through to unlock it ill just wait (and yeah, i need to, cant dangle a nice treat like that out there and expect me to have the willpower to resist)

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Update:
  • loading of a save with missing mod dependencies now throws correct error message instead of crashing

enthusiast
enthusiast
Update:

sounds still missing!!! frown frown

veteran
veteran

While it is true that it has been bugged for months, and totally fair to expect a fix, that one single thing cannot possibly be THAT big a deal. Also, hotfixes are to fix crashes not bugs.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey

While it is true that it has been bugged for months, and totally fair to expect a fix, that one single thing cannot possibly be THAT big a deal. Also, hotfixes are to fix crashes not bugs.

i totally agree! wink

Sounds are missing since 1.0.177 (September 2014)!!!

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Any news on the BIG PATCH or adding combat/movementspeed slider?

S
stranger
stranger
S
I have two computers with different Player Profiles. Even after downloading the patch, re-saving the game that I'd like to play on my second computer, the cloud storage won't let me access any games that weren't already locally saved to my second computer.

Support
Support

Did you try switching profiles on the second computer?

On the first computer, did you exit the game and then restart it, so Steam would upload the save? In the save/load list is it shown with a solid cloud symbol (with a tooltip saying it has been synced)?

On the second computer is cloud support enabled in Steam (in the client, open the Steam menu and select Settings, then Cloud) and the game (in the library right click the game, select properties and switch to the Updates tab)?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi all, new to the forum. Long long time gamer, from back before confusers. Like all kinds of games but RPG's especially and the Baldurs Gates and Icewind Dales and Fallout 1-2-Tactics, and Temple of Elemental Evil RPG games the most. Played Divine DIvinity and liked it as well. I think Larian is doing fantastically...because....

I absolutely love D:OS. I cant stop playing it now that it is fixed ( for me). I think the combat is among the best combat I have seen in any computer game, probably the best game I have played in 7 years.

This patch made all my crashing issues go away! Thank the maker! SO dont break the functionality fixes.

I think maybe Tenebrium should be a bit more useful, giving the 5% damage bonus per skill level point sounds pretty fair, but better to do nothing than make it worse. A progressive damage bonus making investing points in the skill would be highly acceptable to me, certainly the other voices of protest have played through the game more than the 3 times I have, I prefer real looking weapons, so my real complaint with Tenebrium is how unreal the Tenebrium weapons look, swords with widened points have real balance issues so I just wont even use them, I am sort of picky since I also hate the Flamberge style of blade, and I wish that spears were one handed weapons to be used with a shield, polearms should remain 2 handed weapons Crossbows should have much lower dex stat requirement than a bow and a much higher action point cost to use. I also kind of hate the elemental essence flare on the blade/head of a weapon, a good idea but it should be along the whole length of the weapon not just on the one spot which just looks cheesy.

I like the changes the patch made so I wont be very vehement in my complaining. Just dont become like Blizzard with awful DRM, I hate steam but at least it works, Battlenet just sucks.

Good Job Larian, looking forward to many more play throughs and hopefully more games like this, Larian may be my new go to Game company. Wish there would be an expansion pack like BG2 Throne of Baal!!!!! You get your characters all powerful and cool and then have to end the game...that sucks, but most endings do.

Thanks Happy Gaming!
:-)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Felixg91
Hi all, new to the forum. Long long time gamer, from back before confusers. Like all kinds of games but RPG's especially and the Baldurs Gates and Icewind Dales and Fallout 1-2-Tactics, and Temple of Elemental Evil RPG games the most. Played Divine DIvinity and liked it as well. I think Larian is doing fantastically...because....

I absolutely love D:OS. I cant stop playing it now that it is fixed ( for me). I think the combat is among the best combat I have seen in any computer game, probably the best game I have played in 7 years.

Without question, D:OS is the best game Larian has ever made. I love it, too. If there's a downside to that I guess it's that they've raised the bar so high that they'll have to do everything else they make just as well because it'll henceforth be expected from them...;)

This patch made all my crashing issues go away! Thank the maker! SO dont break the functionality fixes.

Hmmmm...that's one problem I haven't had with any of the builds, at least that I can remember. I do think this latest patch is the best version of the game to date and have started a third play-through because of it.

Just dont become like Blizzard with awful DRM, I hate steam but at least it works, Battlenet just sucks.

Agreed, I passed on D3 because of the horrible server-side requirements of the game--really resented them changing the Diablo formula as I am a single-player person and didn't appreciate the deliberate manipulation of the game to create obvious DRM and then claim it wasn't that at all...;) Playing D:OS has been like a breath of fresh air, comparatively.

Good Job Larian, looking forward to many more play throughs and hopefully more games like this, Larian may be my new go to Game company. Wish there would be an expansion pack like BG2 Throne of Baal!!!!! You get your characters all powerful and cool and then have to end the game...that sucks, but most endings do.

Thanks Happy Gaming!
hehe

Ditto.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes I also am a single player gamer, I get enough of other people in real life. I never play with other people in computer games, I do play with other people occasionally in wargames and RPG PnP type on our sandtable. Thats actually how I got into computer games.

I hadnt thought about them trying to better an excellant experience, true they have really raised the bar.

I am so unhappy that the game ends ( this is the 5 year old inside of me, the one that reads the same books and watches the same movies, and plays BG2 or IWD or Fallout 1 and 2... over and over and over.... LOL ) in fact I get to the point where you go in to the temple and I just wanna quit the game right there and start over....it cannot be over I am not tired of it yet!!!!!

Glad to see someone else anyone else thinks and feels as passionately about this excellant creative amazingly captivating computer game as I do.

Thanks...

enthusiast
enthusiast
No, the big one probably won't be out for a couple more months at least. The hardcore mode basically will have them going in and rebalancing every single combat encounter in the entire game by hand, which is a lot of work.

Are you sure the next BIG Patch will take at least a couple more months until it will be released?
That would be very very disappointing... sad

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Any updates on the "Big Patch"?

I'm waiting to continue playing until then.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V

Support
Support

Zachb34;
No.

Vandervecken;
The cause has been determine; part of the problem has already been fixed, and the remaining factor assigned to someone else.

enthusiast
enthusiast
What is this I hear about a "Big Patch" in the pipeline? Something about new skills and whatnot, too?

Anywhere I can pick up a good read with information on this? I might hold off playing this with my GF until it hits, if it's major.

Last edited by Luckmann; 04/03/15 09:19 PM.
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
@Raze, thanks!

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Luckmann
What is this I hear about a "Big Patch" in the pipeline?

Few details have been revealed (balancing, new skills like dual wielding, harder difficulty mode and a few other things). You can check out the last kickstarter update video and blog post.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Dual-wielding, you say? Well now I just have to wait, my gf is a sucker for that rubbish. Hopefully it'll not break the pretty cool double-slash functionality as it works right now.

Any info whatsoever when it'll hit the streets? Are we talkig one month, two months, six months?

Support
Support

There is no ETA yet, even a rough one.

C
C
I think I remember having seen some previous patches were only partially (or not at all?) applied to old saves (the patches required new games to be started).

I have prepared a game to play with a friend, in which the characters have been created and talked to everybody in Cyseal (no combat oustide of Cyseal yet).

Would this savegame benefit from all the recent changes if I were to use it now?

Thanks.

Support
Support

Yes. Other than the companion DLC, I think there were only a couple things that were not retroactive.

Raze #563993 09/03/15 11:03 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
What is this I hear about a "Big Patch" in the pipeline?

Few details have been revealed (balancing, new skills like dual wielding, harder difficulty mode and a few other things). You can check out the last kickstarter update video and blog post.

Please do not forget to fix "missing sounds" this time wink

Last edited by john carmack; 09/03/15 11:04 AM.
veteran
veteran
BUG: I fought the Lighthouse Ghoul. My Inquisitor's summoned Undead finished the Ghoul off, creating a poison pool, poisoning Wolgraff. When the fight was over, Wolgraff blamed my Inquisitor for the poison damage he took. It was from the ghoul's death poison pool, that should not be blamed on a player character .

STUPID: Why is Eglander's Inn door considered hostile to touch? I closed it to keep a stupid NPC from wandering in while I was pickpocketing his amulet. But his door is flagged as hostile.

And more fucking importantly, why is it that opening that door makes every NPC on the top floor of the tavern try to murder you? It's only the room of one guy, and he invited us in. NPC's should mind their own business. NPC's should not be suicidal. Go fetch the guards if you think there's a crime.

Also stupid: Lockpicking a locked door on that same tavern floor is NOT considered a crime, apparently. What.

enthusiast
enthusiast
BUG: I fought the Lighthouse Ghoul. My Inquisitor's summoned Undead finished the Ghoul off, creating a poison pool, poisoning Wolgraff. When the fight was over, Wolgraff blamed my Inquisitor for the poison damage he took. It was from the ghoul's death poison pool, that should not be blamed on a player character .

STUPID: Why is Eglander's Inn door considered hostile to touch? I closed it to keep a stupid NPC from wandering in while I was pickpocketing his amulet. But his door is flagged as hostile.

And more fucking importantly, why is it that opening that door makes every NPC on the top floor of the tavern try to murder you? It's only the room of one guy, and he invited us in. NPC's should mind their own business. NPC's should not be suicidal. Go fetch the guards if you think there's a crime.

Also stupid: Lockpicking a locked door on that same tavern floor is NOT considered a crime, apparently. What.

On that note, the witch (I forget her name). If you choose to attack her (because Source Hunters apparently hunt witches, even though not all witches use source and then she's like "I only practice honest witchery" if you let her go.. I will never understand this "Source" nonsense) the entire floor goes hostile.

Now, her guard(s), sure. Random inn-staying NPC:s choosing to stick it up for the witch, fighting the much-lauded and heroic source hunters with their bare knuckles? Not so much.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, in general non-combatants should only fight under certain circumstances. They should not suicidally attack well-armored warriors with their bare fists.

Also, Larian, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please FIX THE AP DISPLAY.

• The AP cost previews for skills ONLY displays the cost for the skills in SKILL BAR 1, so if you are looking at a skill in skill bar 2, the AP preview will be WRONG because it is checking the skill in that position in SKILL BAR 1, not the current skill bar.
  • The AP cost previews for skills do NOT take into account penalties from the associated skill being too low, they only check against the base AP cost of the skill. Why? Fix this.
  • If you have more than 20 AP, it displays to the right of the AP bar. It looks ugly. Can you move those extra points to above the first row?

This should have been fixed MONTHS AGO. I am sure that there are a bunch of little tiny code fixes and tweaks like this that could easily have been added in small patches. You don't always have to wait 3 months and do everything in one gigantic patch.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, in general non-combatants should only fight under certain circumstances. They should not suicidally attack well-armored warriors with their bare fists.

Also, Larian, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please FIX THE AP DISPLAY.

• The AP cost previews for skills ONLY displays the cost for the skills in SKILL BAR 1, so if you are looking at a skill in skill bar 2, the AP preview will be WRONG because it is checking the skill in that position in SKILL BAR 1, not the current skill bar.
  • The AP cost previews for skills do NOT take into account penalties from the associated skill being too low, they only check against the base AP cost of the skill. Why? Fix this.
  • If you have more than 20 AP, it displays to the right of the AP bar. It looks ugly. Can you move those extra points to above the first row?

This should have been fixed MONTHS AGO. I am sure that there are a bunch of little tiny code fixes and tweaks like this that could easily have been added in small patches. You don't always have to wait 3 months and do everything in one gigantic patch.

I've stopped even trying to keep track of AP, I just look at what I can do and try to not think too much. When I do something more complicated, I just count all the little blips one by one.

I really, really, really wish there was just a goddamn counter. Roman numerals would be better than this.

veteran
veteran
Ummm... So I had Esmeralda arrested, and the next step SHOULD be to interrogate her in her cell... but whenever I try to talk with her, she hates me, and my only option is to offer her a bribe to soothe old wounds. Ummmm... NO! I am NOT going to bribe the prisoner!

So it seems that doing it that way means I can't get her to spill the info she has. Yes, I am well aware that it's not needed to advance the main plot, but I still think it's a bug.

Maybe if I am feeling generous, I will go to her shop, pack up all her crap into a box, and bribe her with the box of her own stuff. But I sure as hell ain't paying my own money and stuff to bribe her to advance the plot!

EDIT: Another good one.

I fought Dietmar's thugs on the beach. The second wave archer shot Bairdotr with a -3 Dexterity arrow. This meant that she could not use her bow, but it remained on her person. I skipped her turns until she could use it again, but when her turn came around, even though the bow was on her person, when she shot it, it was actually 3-5 shots for about 1/3 the damage of a full shot.

I think what happened was like when a melee weapon gets unequipped and when you attack, you end up doing three crappy unarmed attacks. The difference is that I could use these at range.

Last edited by Stabbey; 17/03/15 11:47 PM. Reason: another bug
enthusiast
enthusiast
Thats hilarious Stabbey.

I wish that when you sell someone their own stuff, it would trigger some sort of indignanat response or something...LMAO.

I routinely rip off stuff out of Esmeralda's back room and cellar and then sell it to the cheating-ho and she doesnt even bat an eye.

I think I would recognize my own paintings and tchotchke's. Ha Ha just robbed that ho blind last night as a matter of fact, ya know I have never gotten her arrested, maybe that would be fun?

veteran
veteran
Annoying BUG: Glass cannon PREVIEW is permanent

I decided to take a peek and see if the Glass Cannon Talent would be good for Bairdotr, so I selected that talent, WITHOUT CONFIRMING IT, and I didn't really think her HP going from 333 to 188 was that great an idea, so I deselected it...

But now Bairdotr's health is stuck at 188, and no form of healing will make it increase. Her health bar shows 188/333, half full, but I can't heal her in any way. ...Swell.

BUG: I sent Esmeralda to jail, and I had to bribe her with a barrel full of her own belongings just to get her to advance the main plot, (boosting her attitude by 185!) and then I cleared her name and freed her...

But even though she is back in her shop, I do not have the option to trade with her. ...Great.

Last edited by Stabbey; 18/03/15 01:39 PM. Reason: more bugs
Support
Support

I believe the Glass Cannon bug is just with the UI, rather than the actual total hit points.

Esmeralda should have had the trade option removed in jail.

Raze #564461 18/03/15 09:40 PM
veteran
veteran

I believe the Glass Cannon bug is just with the UI, rather than the actual total hit points.

Esmeralda should have had the trade option removed in jail.

The display bug is a possibility, I didn't shoot her to be sure.

Yes, Esmeralda's trade option was indeed removed in jail. But it did NOT re-appear once she was released and back in her shop.

veteran
veteran
I saw a couple things today which confused me.

The first was that Wolgraff, my Rogue, somehow failed to cast Fast Track on himself, despite having a 100%+ chance to caste it. He was under no status effects, and it did use the AP, Fast Track appeared in the combat log, but the Haste effect never happened. I don't know if it's related, but on the previous turn I had my Inquisitor cast Fast Track on herself. It worked. But I don't know why Wolgraff's failed when it by definition his > 100% success chance means it can't fail.

The second was that my Inquisitor had to retreat from a battle with the Fire Twins. She ran off, cast a healing spell on herself, and then cast Walk In Shadows (invisibility) on herself. Now, the invisibility had a stated duration of 5 turns. On the second turn, the healing happened, and she remained invisible. On the third turn, she, for NO REASON AT ALL, became visible. No reason. She wasn't hit by anything. What the hell?

Invisibility in combat already has enough stupid problems that it doesn't need completely random decloaking added to it. It is a terrible idea that status effects that you had before casting invisibility (burning, poison) can decloak you, because you tend to use combat invisibility because you really want to run away and heal, and it really sucks to get decloaked by poisoning.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Strange I had a problem using melee power stance the other night, the activation animation happened but the status icon and effect never happened and I tried it on and off a couple of times in the same fight when I swung my 2handed sword it did cost an extra point but did no extra damage and the hit% chance was still 100%. It had never happened before and has not happened since and everyone elses abilities were working correctly, I shrugged it off but I could not figure a reason for it other than BUG! I have not heard of anyone else having a similar problem, until now. That sounds a bit similar.

veteran
veteran
I've noticed some instances - too numerous to give specific locations - where Wolgraff spots a trap, but instead of getting an actual notification, the only clue is that in the Combat Log, this appears:

Wolgraff:

There is no overhead text, voice-over, or info in the combat log. I guess that doesn't matter a lot because thankfully most times you just walk around anyway.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well there are both issues again, Wolgraff wouldnt/couldnt go invisible when using walk in shadows in the Hiberheim Prison area, and my Knight couldnt use melee Power stance when fightinf King Boreas this morning.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Raze?
Do you know if there has been any talk with GOG in regard to the editor? Or whether the next patch/editor will come in such a format so that they couldn't really mess it up again?

Last edited by Aenra; 29/03/15 05:42 PM.

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #564929 29/03/15 11:09 PM
Support
Support

I don't know.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for replying Raze smile

And my apologies for pursuing this further, but if i may be allowed a follow up..
Is there some "external" reason that prevents you guys from simply releasing a new editor installer? Separately.
Considering how it is easy to see what is currently the issue (assuming you don't already know of course) i admit i am at a loss..it has been half a year already? And.. nada

To those that may be reading this, do remember that just as in other GOG-related cases, this is not Larian's fault. Let us not derail the thread needlessly.

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #564944 30/03/15 06:17 AM
Support
Support

Half a year for what? I assumed your question before was about avoiding future problems, rather than fixing an existing one.
There was a bug with an earlier version of the GOG editor, which was eventually fixed. With the most recent update of the game, there was a delay releasing the editor on GOG (at least part of which was Larian's fault), but it was updated.

In general, AFAIK the only thing preventing the release of a separate version of the editor is just the extra time and effort it would take, with an extra round of QA for updates, etc.

enthusiast
enthusiast
My apologies if this is me missing an update.. Just read your post, will have a look at my GOG when i am back home, see what i got;
I only mentioned it because i remember getting the editor installer (again) pretty much concurrently with the .252 update, and still being unable to run it. Installed yes, run no. So naturally, i assumed it was simply not sorted yet, as (again IIRC) it was missing the very same files the previous version used to. But you definitely know best, so as stated, will make sure i check when at home smile

My apologies again in advance for any misunderstanding on my part!

Pride, honour and purity
Support
Support

No problem. The 1.0.252 game update changed enough data that the editor was no longer compatible, so it also needed to be updated. If you still have the same problem with the latest version, it would be Larian's fault now, rather than GOG. wink

Raze #564952 30/03/15 08:58 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well as stated, am afraid i cannot log in right now, as it is blocked by the server, so my apologies once, once more.. google however does help;
Have you guys uploaded a newer version than 2.7.0.13? That one did not and does not work with the .252 D:OS GOG version. I know for sure i have said version, as it was said post that 'alerted me' to it in the first place:

http://www.gog.com/forum/divinity_series/divinity_engine_crashing

Last edited by Aenra; 30/03/15 08:59 AM.

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #564953 30/03/15 09:11 AM
Support
Support

The current GOG setup version for the editor is 2.8.0.14.

enthusiast
enthusiast
great..apart from making an ass of myself, i actually had to waste support's time to reach said conclusion ^^
splendid..

will sound like a brocken record, but i'm honestly sorry Raze. Don't know how i had it fixed in my head like that..just thinking how much time i wasted just believing i had the latest and as such not checking again..
Thank you for your time man, really :S

(if you're laughing now, well that's fine too)

Pride, honour and purity
Support
Support

No problem. It didn't take long to check the current version, or to type the replies above.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I don't care about difficulty, I don't care about new skills, etc.*

--------------------------------------------------

PRIMARY thing I want:
-----Balance amongst EXISTING skills, so that I can have more freedom in creating builds.-----

I mean, literally in this game it's very very obvious what skills you want to pick. Hell, not just pick but cherry pick from different trees, like teleportation spells after getting 1 or 3 or whatever points in the Ranger and Rogue trees. Charm spells.

Some spells have too little or zero penalty for how good they are. Some spells have too much stipulation for how good (or bad) they are.

And no, I'm not going to limit myself to not use those skills.. that goes against the point of playing an RPG.

---

Secondary things:
-More non-combat stuffies post Cyseal. Well. Make the rest of the game like Cyseal wink
-Better loot progression, and better character progression yadda yadda.

Bugs are a different story. Nothing more to say than to fix 'em as best you can.

*(Exaggerating, I simply don't care as much)

Though I still do NOT want new skills UNTIL what we have currently is balanced. THEN feel perfectly free to add that type of content to the game.

---

Now all that's been said, I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed the game.

I just want to replay it but I feel like I'm forced into the same builds again...

Last edited by Mangoose; 28/04/15 01:33 AM.
veteran
veteran
Still waiting for the patch for playthrough #2 smile
As for bugs, no point for me repeating them here when I have a garguantan thread with them all... been out of the loop for a while though, so not sure if all are fixed (but I got the impression not):
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=506811

Good thing Steam auto-updates so I can immediately know when there's a new D:OS update in the future, since I seem to kind of abandoned this forum (sorry).

Keep up the good work, Larian!

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Really anticipating the update. Been waiting to play through the game until it's out.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Any news?

Release date?
Content?
Difficultly level? (hope something really challenging!)

Support
Support

As of mid-March, the estimate for the next update was "some months", so now it is some minus 1.5.

There hasn't been much else mentioned since the kickstarter update video and blog post linked to above.

The harder difficulty level will be harder, including changes to enemy placement, composition and AI.

journeyman
journeyman
With the confirmation that the big patch has evolved into the Enhanced Edition, does this mean that this is the last patch that the original D:OS will receive now that the focus of the development team is the Enhanced Edition or will there be further content updates or bug fixes?

Support
Support

I don't think there are any plans to continue maintaining a separate branch of code for D:OS.

journeyman
journeyman
Thank you for the quick clarification.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wellzy4eva
With the confirmation that the big patch has evolved into the Enhanced Edition, does this mean that this is the last patch that the original D:OS will receive now that the focus of the development team is the Enhanced Edition or will there be further content updates or bug fixes?

Next Big Patch = Enhanced Edition?

addict
addict
Correct.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wellzy4eva

Next Big Patch = Enhanced Edition?

Yeah, if you expected an actual patch or continued support of D:OS - like was promised - you're completely hosed.

To be fair this solution is much better!

The advantages:
  • You can keep playing the old original game without any fear of losing your save games. This is because the changes are so vast that old save games is not going to be compatible with the new version. Imagine all the criticism that would have come if the original game was suddenly upgraded and everyone lost all of their save games...
  • According to Larian the story is better, the battles are better balanced, and the game is a better experience overall.
  • All characters now have voice so you don't have to read that much if you don't want to. Just listen to what they have to say.
  • The game is lifted to DirectX 11 which will increase performance.
  • The game is ported to consoles which will make you able to play it on a console as well as a PC. There are even two different user interfaces, one is the already present UI suited for mouse and keyboard (which might even be improved), the other is a new UI suited for a controller.

The disadvantages:
  • The game is lifted to DirectX 11 which will make it unplayable on old Windows computers. You need a graphic card that supports DirectX 11

ivra #566528 25/05/15 11:28 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ivra
To be fair this solution is much better!

The advantages:
  • You can keep playing the old original game without any fear of losing your save games. This is because the changes are so vast that old save games is not going to be compatible with the new version. Imagine all the criticism that would have come if the original game was suddenly upgraded and everyone lost all of their save games...
  • According to Larian the story is better, the battles are better balanced, and the game is a better experience overall.
  • All characters now have voice so you don't have to read that much if you don't want to. Just listen to what they have to say.
  • The game is lifted to DirectX 11 which will increase performance.
  • The game is ported to consoles which will make you able to play it on a console as well as a PC. There are even two different user interfaces, one is the already present UI suited for mouse and keyboard (which might even be improved), the other is a new UI suited for a controller.

The disadvantages:
  • The game is lifted to DirectX 11 which will make it unplayable on old Windows computers. You need a graphic card that supports DirectX 11

So everything that was promised for the game... except it's not for the game, and you're hosed if you don't conform to the standards of the new game.

Yeah, having a hard time seeing the "better" in the situation. I personally see lying and deceiving to be worse than losing the savegames to an obsolete game.

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

So everything that was promised for the game... except it's not for the game, and you're hosed if you don't conform to the standards of the new game.

Yeah, having a hard time seeing the "better" in the situation. I personally see lying and deceiving to be worse than losing the savegames to an obsolete game.

There are people who pledged for D:OS during the Kickstarter campaign and then found out that they cannot play the (original) game because their hardware does not meet the minimum requirements. I was one of those people and had first to upgrade my system. However, I do not remember anyone complaining (and ranting in all possible threads) that Larian lied and broke their promise because thay said the game would have moderate requirements and would be playable on an average laptop and so on.

As Raze and others have already pointed out, you still have a game in a perfectly playable state (which by the way won multiple GOTY awards - so it cannot be THAT bad and THAT buggy!). While it is disappointing that you cannot immediately play the EE edition, one day you will upgrade your system and you will be able to play the free EE edition.

As a sidenote: I was looking forward to Witcher 3 and even thought about pre-ordering it. However, having seen those whooping minimum req, I knew that I would probably have to wait a year or two before I could consider buying a computer which can handle it.

Last edited by Elwyn; 25/05/15 01:22 PM.
old hand
old hand
Anyone know if there will then be local coop since it is getting the console treatment?

Support
Support

Yes, there will be.

Elwyn #566708 01/06/15 10:41 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Elwyn

As Raze and others have already pointed out, you still have a game in a perfectly playable state (which by the way won multiple GOTY awards - so it cannot be THAT bad and THAT buggy!). While it is disappointing that you cannot immediately play the EE edition, one day you will upgrade your system and you will be able to play the free EE edition.

As a sidenote: I was looking forward to Witcher 3 and even thought about pre-ordering it. However, having seen those whooping minimum req, I knew that I would probably have to wait a year or two before I could consider buying a computer which can handle it.

The problems with the game begin after Cyseal. I doubt video game reviewers ever get to the end of the game or even to the Braccus REX battle. They got to play too many games to even get half way though them all.

With all the testing, ACT 1 went out with very little problems. Luculla Forest and on was a disaster with the stinking glitches and atrocious combat balancing. We should have tested the entire game.

I've yet to finish it, always getting stuck in a glitch of some sort or find I'm wasting an excessive amount of time on a "puzzle" when the area I'm trying to get to is an uncompleted portion of the game.

Unless this Enhanced version is really going to be fantastic, I'm simply done as a Larian Customer. The 1st game was the only real good one they ever produced, and I feel like a fool waiting for something to come out that will be just as good or better.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 01/06/15 10:43 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
veteran
veteran
Yeah, if you expected an actual patch or continued support of D:OS - like was promised - you're completely hosed.

So if I get an extended edition along my Steam version, which is a patched and supported version of D:OS... how are we hosed again?

I remember having to pay for Deus Ex Human Revolution's upgrade... and I'm still pissed at Daedalic for bundling and patching the Deponia games into one and then having absolutely no PR so I have to find out about it much later and be charged 40 euro for a patch... there's a hosed situation...

@Lightning: Funnilly I was able to finish the game with no problems... despite the admitedly 1000's of bugs I note down in my bug-thread.
(What I would like is less reliance on tiny tiny buttons... was pounding my head a bit at a certain end-game area when I looked it up on the forums and the progression was blocked behind such a tiny button)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter

So if I get an extended edition along my Steam version, which is a patched and supported version of D:OS... how are we hosed again?

[...]

Notice that qualifier at the beginning of the first sentence. "If you...". If you don't care or if you're not affected, well, you don't care, and you're not affected.

Now, if you can't actually run D:OS:EE, well, then you're absolutely hosed.

veteran
veteran
And we know we will get it.

But to appease you from totally nitpicking something with an entire different meaning... let me rewrite.

So when I get an extended edition along my Steam version, which is a patched and supported version of D:OS... how are we hosed again?

And you can still use the old D:OS if you can't run the EE. Tell me again how anyone is screwed up? Cause your "can't play" makes NO sense what-so-ever.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard