Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
K
Sorry about all the posts here i've been having sort of crash course in learning the editor so i keep on getting stumped. I'll try to include some stuff about the process i've gone through to make things work so the thread is wortwhile for others starting out.

For my mod i want to create a custom class called spy or possibly investigator. Ideally i'd like to have the following:

- My own name and description for the class. This problem i solved by using the character creation tutorial here http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526228#Post526228 and then opening battlemage.lsx with notepad ++ in the classpresets folder of my mod. After that i removed the handle == "something" part after the description of the class in order for the changes i did in the class description to show up. This has something to do with "UUID" but i don't know what that is.

- Only one class available at character creation. solved this by just removing all of the classes from the DATA/mods/mymodname/CharacterCreation folder except a custom one

- A complete overhaul of the skills that are available at character creation, ideally removing most of them and adding in some of my own.

- Possibly changing the amount of attribute points that are available at character creation and also changing the starting values (This was pretty easy, just change Numstartingabilitypoints in properties.lsx in the mods/namyofmymod/charactercreation folder and also remove the pre-assigned ability points in different skills in the classpreset file).

- Creating my own skills and if that doesn't work change a couple of existing skills so the match what i have in mind.

Last edited by karlgoran; 01/02/15 09:20 AM.
R
addict
addict
R
I am pretty sure that everything you are asking about is possible.

There are really two files that you need to be concerned about:
1) "properties.lsx" in your module's "Data/Mods/(Mod Name)/CharacterCreation/" folder, which is where the stuff like starting attribute points and classes that are available are defined.

2) skillset.txt in your module's "Data/Public/(Mod Name)/Stats/generated/" folder, which holds all of the custom skillset names in the game (including the skills selectable at character creation)

Custom skills are definitely possible; it just requires making a few files in the Data/Public/(Mod Name)/Stats/generated/ folder. I have made a few topics on the subject, including a portion of the "Main Campaign Modding" thread stickied at the top of this forum, and the "AoE Healing Rain Case Study" thread somewhere on this forum (as well as a few other mods by myself).

K
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
K
Thank you, it worked to just remove the entries i didn't want in skillset.txt.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Got a question concerning creating a new class. I can get the class to work as long as I have exactly the same number of ability, attribute and talent points as vanilla classes. As soon as I change the numbers, say increment an attribute or ability by 1 (taking into account increase in req'd ability points), the class does not show up anymore.

I am modifying properties.lsx and myclassname.lsx files. Basically dirs look like: Game_Install\Data\Mods\Shared\CharacterCreation\properties.lsx and Game_Install\Data\Mods\Shared\CharacterCreation\ClassPresets\myclassname.lsx. I've been trying to figure out what the heck is going on and no cigar. I can change the skillset.txt file for skills no problem.

Link Copied to Clipboard