Print Thread
#562747 09/02/15 12:27 AM
K
Kaine Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I don't know if this is an issue or a gameplay element, but I will ask here anyway.
I tried making my 'avatar' a survivor and the DK a warrior, except he has started with the exact same skill set as the survivor.
Seems unusual, and I was rather hoping to actually have one warrior Smith and one survivor Assassin, but instead I get two survivors.
I also have the starts at level two issue, but don't care about that.
Is it meant to be like that or is my game as confused as I am?

Support
Support

The available skills are the same for both characters. Starting with warrior/warrior or survivor/warrior, etc, will result in different skills being available to both characters.

For the DK level 2 bug you can edit a configuration file to give one starting class 5 extra stat points (see Actiontrip.com's Beyond Divinity Cheats).
Start the game on Action to give both characters an extra skill point, or Very Easy to get two.

Alternately, you can hex edit to just give the DK 5 stat points and 1 skill point for level 2.
Hex editing - gold, experience, stat/skill points

K
Kaine Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I understand that the skills between them are linked, noticed that when I played warrior for both, but this time they are missing the repair skill, I can choose warrior and survivor skills for both but strangely the repair skill is missing.

Unless the choice of what classes, is more like a choice between two cross class characters or by choosing the same it offers some form of specialty?

Cheers for that, but I used a game trainer instead, worked quite well thanks. biggrin

Support
Support

You need to choose warrior/warrior to start off with repair. You can learn the skill from an NPC you meet towards the end of the first act (after getting to the citadel), or one of the traders in the battlefield (available relatively soon, if you find the first, hard to spot battlefield key).

K
Kaine Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Righto, thanks for clarifying.
I'm in the battlefields now, so I'll just buy the survivor skills for my pure warriors.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard