Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Support
Support

Cool. I threatened to turn him in to get the gauntlets (that I never used) because that seemed like the best result for the quest. I guess it pays to be nice after all.

C
stranger
stranger
C
wow , nice . i knew i missed a few now that im playing for the third time. But damn, i was so sure th e island mindreading wont give me another bonus after giving me a whole level laugh

addict
addict
Mephasm, where exactly is David located? Give some landmarks or something else near where he is, so I can add it to my guide. I need a precise location. Also, is this before or after getting the Battle Tower? Is it in Broken Valley, or Orobas Fjords?

Mephasm Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
He is on the mountain road to just before entering Orobas Fjords...before battle tower or it will be under poison clouds...

I also did mindread Laura the one looking for that treasure in Orobas Fjords with 3 other persons...Said I gained "new insight" I belive it was stat related aswell not sure though, needs confirmation..

BTW I am playing the DKS version of the game, some changes might not be same

Didn't get Dragon skill book from Librarians "The Two Volumes" quest, might just be bug though.

Thanks.

Last edited by Mephasm; 06/02/11 11:12 PM.
addict
addict
Laura gives EXP as a mindread (3200, according to seorin's guide). New insight is the stock phrase for gaining stat, skill, or experience points.

Btw, what choice did you choose with Champion David? Did you agree to keep his secret? Did you threaten to turn him in?

addict
addict
Checked into it. Richard is waiting on the mountain pass like Mephasm said. To get him there, you have to continue to threaten to turn him in to Richard so that he runs away. Agreeing to keep the secret doesn't get you the stat point OR gauntlets, and extorting him only gets the gauntlets.

Mephasm Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Anyone into checking all subquest rewards for stat points? seems we missed a few...David being one of them, would be nice with a complete guide. I have started now...if somethings is missing please post here so me and Lancet can check and change it.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I did not get a dragon skill book from Keara, though that might have been because I failed her statue name puzzle too many times?

Support
Support

Failing the statue puzzle shouldn't make a difference to Keara's loot, AFAIK. That has not been reported before, anyway, and lots of people have used that spawn trigger (trying to open the door without correctly solving the puzzle) to level.

There were changes to DKS with dragon skill books compared to D2:ED. At least the librarian in Maxos temple stopped giving one when you returned the book he was looking for.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I believe there is a dragon skill book in the room with the chicken rune.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Dragonbane
Did you use the Lovis Scrying Stone?
When you get the chains to drop with the 4 items, weapons/shield.....dont take one of those! Go back to the room where you first dropped in and behind that structure hanging on a chain in the corner, is a skillbook. rpg007

oh great looks like I missed for this one, my question is the book skill inside Lovis basement chamber (near lake shrine) or in Carlin / Lovis blacksmith room?

I didn't see skill book hanging on chain and if I give the stone to Romon and I go with the quest into the thin air, can I still get
the skill book?

Last edited by Dsky Wong; 16/02/15 02:12 PM.
Support
Support

As long as you didn't take one of the pieces of equipment on the 4 nearby chains (near to where you lower them) you can still get the skillbook. If you still have the scrying stone, though, it would be better to use it yourself; if you already gave it to the priest, the door at the base of Lovis' tower will be open.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
oh thanks Raze I think I got it, more like because I want to play again Divinity 2

I
stranger
stranger
I
Playing a much later version I am guessing, but there are (I think it is stat points, but it may be skill as I got them a bit ago and haven't re-played to see exactly what they were) 3 or 4 points from the Simeon quest in the Fjords after the tower. He sits at Camp Tiberius, but I found him by flying as a dragon directly east of the Grand Knight Shrine, across the water to land, than directly south to the first tan opening on the side of the mountain on the fully zoomed in map. He sits atop a small pillar. When talked to, he is blind and contemplating the meaning of life for hundreds of years. His quest is to restore his eyesight (Takes 2 malachite gems). Afterwards he talks to you for a day or days (don't remember which in the storyline), and you are bestowed with his abundant knowledge (which is 3 or 4 stat points or a couple skill points...I will play through again to find the exact number and type).

Support
Support

It is 2 skill points you get for completing Simeon's Sight for Sore Eyes quest.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard