Print Thread
#566476 22/05/15 04:05 PM
H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
I found the book on top of the rock in the Goblin Arena in Farglow, when I activate it, it say's I have earned a skill point but there are not skill points added to Lock Picking.

It does show I have 1 new skill point, but I have not figured out how to use/apply the skill points to a skill yet.

Also, after activating the book, I now have this icon showing up above the health/mana bars on the main screen. It looks like a arrow pointing up with a cross in the middle and a round ball in the back ground. Kinda blue in color.

Really want to play this game, but not sure I have enough know how to continue.

I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Support
Support

Skill books give you a free skill point, which you can use for any skill that you meet the level requirement for; Lockpicking is just useful in Farglow to get the other chest.

If you have skill points, there will be a small arrow tab under the skill icon, on the right of the circle showing the skill level; click on that to add a skill point, and another left arrow tab will appear on the left, allowing you to remove the point, and Accept and Revert buttons will show up on the bottom right corner of the skill window which you use to apply or cancel your skill point allocation.

There are indicators for having free skill and stat points. Initially they can be a useful reminder that you have leveled up (ie if it was in the heat of battle you may have missed it), but eventually you'll want to at least save up skill points until you reach level requirements, etc (ie there are probably a couple you'll want to get at level 15), so you'll get used to the icon(s) always being there and ignore them.

H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Thank you very, very much.

Just arrived in BV Village and have been sent out to find out what the town knows about the dragon.

H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Don't know if I'm doing the right thing, but I have decided to do as much as I can in BV before starting MQ.

Went to the Tavern, helped get rid of some drunks and then decided to check out the place. Started on the 3rd floor and worked my way down. I found a book titled Strange Volume and by reading it was able to find 2 more. Then I found a book in the fire place and when I picked it up it said I now had a Skill Book in my inventory. It's not there. Just the 3 books I found.

Also after getting rid of the drunks, there are now people in the bar with speech icons above their head's. Are these people that have info I need?

Guess I should get a walkthrough instead of bothering you guys. But I've never used one in any game I've played. Seems like using them takes the fun out of the game.

If I should have posted this some place else please let me know.

Last edited by Henrry; 24/05/15 02:52 PM. Reason: add statement

Support
Support

In general it is better to explore and do side quests before main quests.

There should be a skill book in the Consumables section of the inventory.

Exclamation points indicate an NPC has something to say, and a question mark is quest related.

H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Thanks very much.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard