#566737 02/06/15 09:48 PM
V
Vyzax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
hi guys. this is my very post here lol

i just wannna share something. i finally able to make dualwielding works in this game n since i never saw any thread about how to do it, i decided to share it laugh

here some ss

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

it goes pretty smooth. it could attack twice with both weapon, but it also combine both weapons AP cost for normal attack (in my case, 3+3=6 AP) but when it comes to weapon damage-based skills like battering ram, only the primary hand (the usual hand to hold weapons) weapon stats will be counted (like additional skill AP cost from weapon, and the damage itself)

at this time i cant upload the mod but i will share u how to do it

1. Create 2 weapons using editor (i only tried with 1H swords). try looking elsewhere about creating ur own weapon, or editing the old ones is fine too

2. the key point is the weapon's data at C:\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\(urmod)\Stats\Generated\Data . Since weapon-based skill only take the primary hand weapon for it's calculation, makes sure u already determined which weapon will be the primary. in my case, its WPN_Sword_DualTest_A

[Linked Image]

im sure u should be able to spot the difference. Yes, the secondary weapon (WPN_Sword_DualTest_B) slot data value is "shield" instead of "weapon". this will allowing us to put the 2nd weapon to the other hand

3. at both weapons, i added something else, named "AnimType" "DualWield". this will make our character's animation doing what a dual wielder should do. like sheating animation (its cool btw) or attacking animation

yeah thats all. its fucking easy apart from how to make a custom weapon for those who never touched editor. but its really easy once u understand how. i feel that uploading my mod for example is not necessary (tbh i dont know how to upload a zipped file, where the hell is the upload file buttton?)

hope u enjoy ur new dual wielder XD

edit: idk why the images doesnt appear. never experienced something like this at other forums. i checked at post preview, it was all fine but dunno lol. u can copy paste the images link to see them btw

Last edited by Raze; 02/06/15 10:41 PM.
Support
Support

UBBCode is disabled for new forum accounts, to discourage spam (no clickable links), among other limitations. I'll edit your post to get the images to show (or you could have done so yourself, after I moved you to the user group, rather than new user).

You can not upload files via the forum. You could upload it to Dropbox, etc, and post a link, or put up a mod page for it on Nexus, etc.

V
Vyzax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Thank you. I hope I didnt break some serious rules about newcomer laugh

Will update my explanation so it will be more tutorial-ish looking

N since english is my 3rd language I'm sure u guys couldunderstand laugh

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Very cool. Looks good from the pics, any chance of a video?

old hand
old hand
Nice job, though I expect dual wielding will show up in the enhanced edition, so I wouldn't expend too much effort into it personally.

V
Vyzax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Don't think so. I never tried that but will give it a shot. Not soon thought since I'm currently working on my personal mod,+real life things

Btw some notes for this dualwield
There are drawbacks like

- u cant swap the left-hand weapon (the one with slot value "shield") with the one on the right hand, coz the slot values are different. That's why I suggest to pick up correctly ur primary weapon, since weapon damage-based skills are only counts the weapon on the primary/right hand in their damage calculation

- in fact, just putting "AnimType" "DualWield" inside 1 weapon's data is enough to make ur character doing dualwield animation including double attack from both hands. It means, if u put that on ur right hand weapon it will keep attack with both hands regardless of what equipment u put on ur left hand (ie: shield, barehand).

The solution is, to give only ur left hand weapon that "AnimType" "DualWield". This way u can use ur primary weapon along with a shield if needed without attacking twice with both hands. If u wanna dualwield again, just put back ur "dualwield" left weapon, replacing ur shield.

- this also means u won't be able to put ur left hand weapon to the right hand without changing the slot value using the editor. N vice versa

- there are 2 more animtype values: "dualwield_small" and "dualwield_wand" if I remember correctly. The first one is for daggerweapon I believe. The second one is self explanatory

-both attacks from dualwielding are calculated separately. When u attacking an enemy, one attack could miss while the other one landed on the enemy. Both attacks could miss too,

Last edited by Vyzax; 03/06/15 02:59 AM.
G
addict
addict
G
Dual wielding is very non practical.
More over, gauche warriors expects that double swords means double amount of attacks and double damage. Thats simply wrong.

There are few double weapons schools in history, for example: Italy renesance - parry dagger, Japan - dual wakizachi. Nevertheless they never comes popular becouse of special ambidextrous brain requirements and intensive training. Finaly, those "chosen" people were not a way more successful in fights.

I would rather see spear and shield combination. Its classic for 3 thousands years at least.

Link Copied to Clipboard