Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Well I finally got through Broken Valley, and I think I may have found and completed all the side quest. Even remember to take the item back to Romon.
Thanks (especially to Raze) for making it possible.

SO: 1st question for my new adventure on Sentinel Island. I am now at Level 13

Should I try to find the 8 people that Island told me about or try to find the Battle Tower first?

Already got my first side quest from the Hermit.

I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Acting on a somewhat vague memory of getting into a fight when I tried storming the Battle Tower early (seems to be a recurring theme with my play-throughs), I think introducing yourself to the candidates is the best approach.

I just wanted to talk to the Hermit about carrots.

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

You will need to explore the island anyway, so talk to the 8 candidates. If you enter the battle tower without making a choice, it will be made for you (randomly).

I think you may have missed a few things if you are only level 13, especially since the mindread in your first encounter on the island gives you enough experience to get to the next level.
Amdusias was level 15, so you should usually be about 14 or 15 by the end of Broken Valley. Exploring the start of the fjords could get you into the early twenties (I got to level 22) before going to Sentinel Island.

H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
You are right. I was so excited about getting here I did not realize I got a level up after talking to Island and Mindreading her. . I have not even used the points yet.

I was Lv 13 before entering the Sentinel Island Exit in Maxo's Temple and now I'm Lv. 14.

The Fjords? Should I have gone there before coming here?
I saw it on my Broken Valley World map. I have a saved game before going to the Island from in the Temple.

I didn't go there because I don't remember getting any clues about going there.

Last edited by Henrry; 09/07/15 07:32 PM.

Support
Support

You can do part of the fjords before taking over the battle tower; a barrier prevents full access, which you will not be able to lower until you can turn into a dragon.

If you have not done much on Sentinel Island, I'd suggest reloading. You can get a few levels pretty quickly in the fjords, and that way you can make sure you get a full level's worth of experience from the island mindread (if you were 13 and half way to level 14, for example, you would have only got half a level worth of experience).
I saved after levelling in the fjords, and reloaded an earlier save when I finished off as much as I could (I made it past level 22, but there was no way to get to level 23, so I reloaded and turned in just enough quests to reach level 22, so the mindread got me to level 23). You don't need to get that high a level; just save after levelling and go through the fjords until you either start to have trouble or decide you just want to head to the island.

H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Ok thanks. The only thing I've done on the Island is Talk to Island and the Hermit. So I will reload before I go through the door in the Temple and use the exit to the fjords in Broken Valley.
Will I have to got back to the Temple and through that door to get to the Island or is there a way to get there from the fjords once I've done what I can there.

Support
Support

You don't need to reload to before entering the temple, just before using the teleporter pad at the end.

There is a waypoint shrine in the middle of where the corridors cross between the library and Amdusia' chamber, and the chamber with the bedrooms upstairs and the teleporter to Sentinel Island. You can use that to teleport anywhere in Broken Valley (closest to the fjords entrance is called South Valley, IIRC) and when you are done, to return to Maxos temple.

H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
So I got a quest from Crabbe called Red Ore Alert. While I was looking for the mine I found the Grand Knight Shrine Waypoint, and just going up and down that path I died 4 times but also gained some levels and then also met two ladies on the beach, fought some more bad guys.

So I found the Depleted Ore Cave, fought some more bad guys and am now level 18. and very close to another level up.
Now I'm having trouble with the Platforms. I'm at the point where you activate the lever at the top and then 2 more platforms appear. Tried to make that about 25 times and either I miss the jump all together or I'm to slow and they disappear b4 I make the jump.

Any suggestions?
Or is this one of those trial and error things.

Last edited by Henrry; 11/07/15 12:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
ISTR it's trial-and-error, unless there's a better way than sheer persistence. It's especially annoying making a lot of progress and then one mis-timed jump! It's certainly one of the more frustrating puzzles in the game.

J'aime le fromage.
H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Update: I hate giving up on any thing. It's just not in my nature. But at the same time, as I always told my kids and grandchildren, sometimes you have to recognize your limitations and move on.

After my OP last night, I was up until 3AM trying to make that jump and just could not do it. Don't know what's in that chest, and maybe it will show up somewhere else. I've decided to stop trying and move on through the Mines.

I'm how ever keeping the save I have at the lever in case I want to try again before the games over.

Support
Support

Assuming you reloaded a save before throwing the lever at the top (to trigger the disappearing platforms), you can go back to that at any point up until you enter the Hall of Echoes, at the end of the D2:ED section of the game.

If you have a gamepad, that may make jumping easier, though there is no way to directly map the camera controls.

H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Yes I have a save before I pulled the lever. Spent another couple hours on it last night without any success . Guess I need to get a life smile

H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Ok, I have done a few side quest and have completed the Main Quest "The Prophecy".
Couple of questions please.

Can I get into the Dark Tower now and where is it located?

Do the 4 allies I picked in The Prophecy go and stay in the Dark Tower, or do I have to travel to where I found them to use them?

Thanks in advance

Support
Support

You can get into the tower on Sentinel Island after you do something at the windy peninsula (where there is a tombstone and three candles). Until then, there is a barrier across the path that leads into the tower, near the appropriately named Barrier Waypoint Shrine, west of the shipwreck camp area.

You need to complete everything that you want to do in Broken Valley and on Sentinel Island before taking over the tower (there is a warning in-game before the final section). At that point the 4 servants will move into the tower, and many of the NPCs and quests in the first 2 areas will no longer be available. There is quest in each map that will need to wait until later:
the currently locked quarry tower in Broken Valley, and the treasure in the ship in the tree on Sentinel Island that you need to be able to fly to get to.

Speaking of the windy peninsula, have you done any swimming?
Jump into the water to either side of that peninsula, and you can swim to the entrance of a hidden cave.

H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
OK. I'm at the grave and the 3 candles but before I proceed I need to ask.

At what point will I be able to fly so I can get to the ship in the tree you told me about?
And explore the rest of Fjords?

Thanks

Support
Support

After you do a couple things at the grave, you'll be able to enter the tower, and once you get to the top and fight the necromancer who took over the tower, you'll gain the ability to transform into a dragon (wyvern, specifically) at will (as long as there is enough room, and you are not in an area with an anti-dragon shield).

I like to hijack this topic to share a story. So I'm in the main quest right after Maxos temple and have to go to the Island, but reading here (mostly from Raze), that you get a full level up from mindreading her, I decided not to go there, I had almost a level, so mindreading the Island would be a waste. No quests in the village, nor in Broken Valley, so what to do? Of course Oroba's Fjords! My my, not just a level up, but several! And as an added bonus, there are a couple of goblin Beholders (like six?) on the beach across where I stand (the lowest point of the path down from the Knight statue). I don't remember them from my previous character, but that one went to Oroba's Fjords after taking the Battle Tower, I'm there now before even taking a step on the Sentinel Island. Might it be somehow relevant, or is it just my bad memory playing tricks with me?

Support
Support

You could always do the start of the fjords before Sentinel Island, but there is a barrier there you will not be able to get through until you finish the island.

I know that, I was wondering about these Beholders. Found out, there are supposed to be only 3 of them, followed by three goblins (one for each Beholder), now my game doubled them for me, how nice. XD

Support
Support

There are some going down the mountain path (at least 3 groups), as well as on the opposite beach (don't recall how many there were; at least 2 or 3).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard