Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
So I got a quest from Crabbe called Red Ore Alert. While I was looking for the mine I found the Grand Knight Shrine Waypoint, and just going up and down that path I died 4 times but also gained some levels and then also met two ladies on the beach, fought some more bad guys.

So I found the Depleted Ore Cave, fought some more bad guys and am now level 18. and very close to another level up.
Now I'm having trouble with the Platforms. I'm at the point where you activate the lever at the top and then 2 more platforms appear. Tried to make that about 25 times and either I miss the jump all together or I'm to slow and they disappear b4 I make the jump.

Any suggestions?
Or is this one of those trial and error things.

P.S. I posted this in my other thread "Hello Sentinel Island" and then thought it would be better to start a new topic since it is about a different area. Don't know how to delete the post in that thread. Sorry

Last edited by Henrry; 11/07/15 12:51 AM.

I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Support
Support

It is pretty much trial and error to get the timing down. The end result of this is a chest that contains random loot... and maybe a set piece or something in DKS / D2:DC.

In D2:ED it took me a few tries, but with good timing, and starting off facing where the platforms will be, it was possible to jump up both before they disappear. There is a button or pressure plate on the second platform which will fix them in place and cause a chest to appear on the ground near the entrance of the room, which you will need to drop off the platform quickly in order to reach before it disappears. In D2:ED it had a potentially decent legendary quality random item (good enough to try a few times for, but not enough to worry about if you can not get it with a reasonable effort). In DKS the platforms were changes slightly (I don't recall how, just that I needed to change my approach a bit) and I think something may have been added to the chest (or maybe I just recall it being better because I got a slight helmet upgrade from it, whereas in D2:ED I think I got a couple pieces of equipment I ended up selling).

When you edit a post, there is a delete button beside the change and preview buttons. If you delete a lone post that nobody has replied to, it will delete the topic.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard