Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hey folks,

I finished my module awhile back but it was a little buggy so I held off releasing it. Unfortunately life's quite busy right now so I don't have time to fix the issues. I figure I might as well release the module. Unfortunately I have no idea what's going on in the DOS community right now. Apparently Larian is releasing EE and DOS2 soon? Some people are worried that these expansions will corrupt the DOS1 modules. If so, I feel like I should release my module ASAP. If not, should I wait for the new releases?

Thanks for your opinions.

old hand
old hand
Yeah, you're kind of in a bind. When they release the EE, people will still have the original D:OS that they can use to play your mod, though I doubt many people will want to go back to the worse version of the game. You should probably just release it now, even though there's probably not too many people playing D:OS right now.

D:OS 2 is only being kickstarted right now,so it won't be out until at least late 2016.

OP Offline
Have we ascertained whether or not EE will indeed corrupt our current modules?

old hand
old hand
Nobody knows, but I suspect at least some things will be incompatible. Whether it'll be completely unplayable and broken beyond repairing, or only mildly incompatible is uncertain.

stranger
stranger
Release it now, eager to try some user mods smile
And maybe perhaps you can update it to the EE when it releases.

old hand
old hand
My current plan, assuming I finish before the EE is released is to release for both.

If yours is playable, it wont hurt anything to release it for the current version. And then have your own EE for the EE smile if you are still interested.

I would not expect many players though out of the pre-EE version but who knows. There's still like 1000 people at any given time playing D:OS. D:OS non-EE will remain a separate entry in everyone's libraries so modding should have a clean slate workshop for the Enhanced version.

If you need any help squashing a bug that's particularly nasty and showstopping, I can take a look at it if you want.

Last edited by SniperHF; 07/09/15 03:29 AM.
OP Offline
Currently I have two main problems: adding music and making the credits roll when the player reads the final dialog in my game.

I'll take a peek at your reply in the music thread now, thanks smile

old hand
old hand
Oh I'll also add that, in addition to not knowing what the EE will break, we don't even really have any information about when we'll get the EE Editor at all.

Link Copied to Clipboard