Print Thread
#569012 12/09/15 07:39 PM
H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
While exploring I have come across the entrances to two Flying Fortress's. All I did was step in and step back out because I wanted to make sure they were not associated with the Main Quest.
They were Stone's and Raze.
Are these just gain Experience places?
I'm trying to do as many side quest as I can b4 I start the main quest. I still have a few in my current quest list

Also thinking about going back to Broken Valley. Is it worth it?

At level 30.

I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Support
Support

There are battle tower platform upgrade quests associated with the flying fortresses, and a main plot quest in Broken Valley (starting with the quarry tower). They are good places to gain experience, as well, though you've out levelled the first couple (Stone is about 24-25 IIRC, and Raze 27-28). There are also equipment set pieces throughout the fortresses, and associated achievements.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I found Broken Valley post fortress invasion to be really rather depressing. I remember going to look at Broken Valley Village, perhaps my favourite spot in the game, and feeling miserable that an enormous flying rock had landed on it. Killing every one of the baddies in the area didn't really help.

On the other hand, there was some nice loot to be had, as Raze says. Also interesting finding out the fate of the odd person if you explore enough. Actually there's just the one I can think of offhand but y'know.

J'aime le fromage.
H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
I just turned Level 30. Been spending a lot of time doing side quest, killing Goblins and killing those things that attack me when I'm in Dragon form.

I guess I should start thinking about doing some of the Main Quest.

I have 2 battle tower platform upgrade quests and when I clicked on them I see I must go to the fortress.

Thanks

P.S. Off Topic: When I got this game from gog.com it included Flames of Vengeance. Worth playing?
Or should I move right to Original Sin after this game?

Last edited by Henrry; 12/09/15 10:07 PM.

Support
Support

Yes, FoV finishes off the story of the dragon knight character. There will be a seamless transition into the add-on section of D2:DC when you finish the D2:ED section (after you do everything else, enter the Hall of Echoes and complete that part).

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Not only does it finish off the story, it's a really rather nice game in itself: it's a "proper" expansion in that it really has an awful lot of content to play through. I thought something that was largely confined to Aleroth might feel a bit restrictive and claustrophobic but I was wrong. I guess in some regards it was a bit like Morrowind's Tribunal... only a lot prettier! And sillier, a lot of the time. Which is obviously a good thing, because Larian.

J'aime le fromage.
H
Henrry Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
I have still not been able to kill Raze. So I teleported back to the Battle Tower from the hall way just b4 you get to him and moved on to Stone's Fortress. Finished it and I am now in Kali's Fortress.

My question is, by not finishing Raze's will it have any effect on the game?

Off Topic question.

I have this Crystal Skull that I use to call for forth my monster. Can you have more then one of these at a time?

Support
Support

The only effect will be not completing Wesson's second quest, if you picked him as your enchanter, and not getting the achievements for finishing off all the flying fortresses and possibly fully upgrading the battle tower.

If you go back when you've done everything else in the fjords and are ready to enter the Hall of Echoes, being at a higher level with better equipment (ie higher DPS) should help with General Raze.
In D2:ED there were a couple exploits that could trivialize that fight (letting the weak Walking Armours build up, and standing in or in front of a regeneration chamber so he couldn't reach it), so the 'fix' in DKS/D2:DC was to make the armours stronger and have the general 'cheat' (run away when stunned by a Stun Arrow or in the middle of a Thousand Strikes attack, etc, or teleport directly to a regeneration chamber, even if it was occupied). The key is to get to both levers quickly to temporarily disable the regeneration chambers, and then do enough damage quickly to kill him before they come back online.

You can have the creature and one summon active at the same time, and can charm one opponent. You can not have more than one creature, or more than one summon active at a time.
For a charmed opponent, the experience you get when they are killed depends on the amount of damage you (or a summon or creature) do, compared to the amount the enemy did when they were charmed. For example, if you charm an opponent, and the other opponents take off 40% of its hit points before the effect wears off, when you kill it you would get 60% of the experience you would have otherwise gotten. While this can mean slightly slower levelling, it can be quite effective, and more than make up for this 'loss'. Summons tend not to give experience anyway, so if you Charm an opponent's summon, there is no difference with experience.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard