Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Have been trying since game launch to play with my buddy online on xbox one. Every time we either invite each other or try to join from the join menu it takes us to the loading page and then says connection failed. I was able to join a random persons game from the join menu though? I've gone through all the Nat settings, uninstall/reinstalled the game, etc.

Has anyone been experiencing this? I understand when a game launches it has bugs but it is really frustrating when it is one this big

L
L
Working fine here, are you sure that you are both have a Open NAT?

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Yup. Open NAT. Even went through the process of doing it again just to make sure.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Finally someone who is having the same problems! (sorry to hear yours is not working either) We have double and triple checked/tried the following: we ran xbox one multiplayer diag. everything checked out ok. both our NAT types are OPEN (also we play destiny and other games together just fine) we set our xbox to be the DMZ on our routers and tried playing again, still didn't work. We forwarded every port we saw that xbox/divinity might use and it still didn't do anything. We even took our routers completely out of the equation , we plugged in our xbox straight from the cable modem to the xbox.. still nothing. Me and my friend are both extremely frustrated to no end. Someone please help. Please bump this thread and bring attention to it, i want to play this game so bad with my friend.

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
I feel your pain Natu. My buddy and I have been trying for 2 days now and nothing. I have emailed support, posted on the forum, and scoured the internet for an answer. I love Larian studios and this game but it is really frustrating that they've yet to get back to me on such a major issue.

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
bump

T
stranger
stranger
T
I also haven't been able to connect to any multiplayer games on Xbox yet. Don't have any issues with multiplayer on any other xbox games, and have tried connecting to other Divinity games hosted by both random people and friends, with connectivity set to open, friends only, and invite only. All with no success yet.

Going to return/refund this game if this issue isn't at least officially addressed by them in the next few days. Only got this game to play co-op and it 100% is not working.

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Seriously! The only reason I got it was to play coop as well. I understand minor bugs in the game but this is genuinely game breaking. I've sent emails to support and have heard nothing. I like larian but the fact this hasn't even been addressed yet is disappointing.

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
For anyone else having this problem, are both players playing from the disc version of the game? I have the disk version but my buddy did the digital download so I'm wondering if maybe that's the problem?

I dunno, it's really effing frustrating and I haven't heard anything back so I'm grasping at straws here.

C
stranger
stranger
C
both playing on the disk

C
stranger
stranger
C
Trying for about half an hour, no success. I manage to connect once to a random player. Very frustrating...

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
bump

T
stranger
stranger
T
We both have digital versions fyi, but neither of us are able to connect to any multiplayer game still.

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
I finally got an email back from Raze at the support team but I don't have a solution yet. He just asked if I had tried a bunch of different ways to get it to work, which we all had already done. Waiting for another email back. I dunno, maybe this hopefully means they're at least aware of it now....

D
stranger
stranger
D
What email address are you using to contact? Would love to send one as well. The more of us that do, the higher a priority this issue will become.

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
I sent one to both supportdos@larian.com and Raze's email for larian which I will pm to you.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Hey everyone, same problem over here. I already owned a copy of D:OS on my PC, but loved Larian and the game so much that I bought it again for the console, and convinced my father to give it a shot with me. I'm able to play any other game online, and my father and I even played madden after the failed connection attempt. If anyone figures anything please post.

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
bump

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Has anyone had any luck? I sent Raze the URL for both forum posts regarding this so they know there are a lot of us dealing with this problem, but haven't heard back yet

Support
Support

Larian is looking into this, along with the publisher (though they reported that many of the cases they were aware of were due to the host playing in single player mode).

Natu, have you played any peer to peer co-op games, or just server based multiplayer?
XBox One has a multiplayer API which handles the network connections, so there shouldn't be any game specific issues in that regard. Peer to peer connections can have more trouble than server based, due to usually having both ends of the connection behind routers and ISPs, while server based connections have one end explicitly designed around multiplayer.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard