Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Originally Posted by Troonoob
I understand that many ppl here are upset since you bought it for co-op i get it but its no reason to openly jab at raze here he's just the messenger. Another note the game is awesome as a solo experience but i understand the anger here

What if you bought a car and the manufacturer advertised a Mercedes with all the bells and whistles, but when you sit in the drivers seat to drive off the lot, nothing happens. It turns out the manufacturer forgot to put in a transmission. The engine simply isn't connected to the wheels. But hey, the gas pedal, engine, and swanky interior are all still there, so it's ok, right? No need to get upset with the dealership for not noticing first? I don't think so...

I think many people, especially newcomers to this thread that didn't read the thread in its entirety, are missing the fact that we aren't directing our frustration at Raze directly. (Well, the ones with our wits about us are showing some restraint, anyway...)

We're upset with Larian and the state of the D:OS-EE product AS A WHOLE. Not just the single person who just happens to be the ONLY responsive liaison between the company and the customer regarding this particular problem. We understand he has nothing to do with the design/engineering of the game, which is in and of itself, also frustrating. That is the kind of info some of us more technically minded folks are looking for, some of us might actually be able to respond with useful feedback if we just knew more about the process going on behind the scenes.

Actual devs could be chiming in as they have in other posts elsewhere in the forum, but only Raze is responsive in THIS rather critical thread. That also makes him a conduit for everyone's frustration since we have little other avenue. I understand the white-knighting, but Raze gets to be the punching bag by default since there is simply no other Larian representatives responding in this thread. I trust this is by design to spare the sanity of an already skeletal development force.

I have previously commended Raze in this thread for at least being the only one to respond and keep us appraised with rapid responses - if it weren't for him I don't think we would be getting any info at all. But Larian AS A WHOLE could be more transparent, and open with the community/customers.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
So it has been 4 months since the enhanced edition was released and we are still waiting for fixes we were promised months ago. The ONLY thing we have been told (repeatedly) is that they are working on the issues and there is no ETA for a patch.

If Larian wants to put Raze out there as the only person we can direct our frustration and disappointment at then Raze will need to learn to deal with it. There is no sympathy from Larian at all despite the fact they delivered a absolutely terrible console port.

I for one feel insulted by the lack of information and the obvious lack of effort to resolve these issues. It is becoming quite obvious that Raze is simply a filter so that Larian can ignore the very customers that are paying their salaries.

Why is it so hard to show us any progress made resolving these issues? Judging by the same replies we have been receiving since November, Larian has no idea how to fix these issues and does not seem to want to take responsibility for their mistakes.

If this is not the case then prove us wrong, Raze. Give us some actual news that means something besides "we are working on it and there is no eta on a fix."

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Unfortunately, I think he has given us all he can at this time. frown

Edit: At least he has pointed out that their network developer has pinpointed the specific issue thanks to the error code mentioned previously. Next patch will hopefully resolve it, but indeed a time frame would be appreciated.

Last edited by zipdigital; 17/02/16 06:08 PM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by JPaul76
So it has been 4 months since the enhanced edition was released and we are still waiting for fixes we were promised months ago. The ONLY thing we have been told (repeatedly) is that they are working on the issues and there is no ETA for a patch.

If Larian wants to put Raze out there as the only person we can direct our frustration and disappointment at then Raze will need to learn to deal with it. There is no sympathy from Larian at all despite the fact they delivered a absolutely terrible console port.

I for one feel insulted by the lack of information and the obvious lack of effort to resolve these issues. It is becoming quite obvious that Raze is simply a filter so that Larian can ignore the very customers that are paying their salaries.

Why is it so hard to show us any progress made resolving these issues? Judging by the same replies we have been receiving since November, Larian has no idea how to fix these issues and does not seem to want to take responsibility for their mistakes.

If this is not the case then prove us wrong, Raze. Give us some actual news that means something besides "we are working on it and there is no eta on a fix."

Go back a page, here is the indication of the issue that are being troubleshooted,

AFAIK there is no workaround; the fix will be in the next game update. Error code 0x0041 has something to do with the ID/address of the Xbox.

-Abxi-

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Abxi

Go back a page, here is the indication of the issue that are being troubleshooted,

AFAIK there is no workaround; the fix will be in the next game update. Error code 0x0041 has something to do with the ID/address of the Xbox.

-Abxi-

Cool! Meanwhile, four months after release we are told "we are working on it & there is no ETA for a patch"

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Abxi

-Abxi-

Cool! Meanwhile, four months after release we are told "we are working on it & there is no ETA for a patch"

Its always hard to give estimates of solution if the solution isnt created. So untill they fully understood the issue and built a solution to the issue then its much easier to give a time estimate. This as the patch will then go thru the standard larian QA process and the submit and publish to Microsoft and Focus.

Maybe Raze can tell us how we are progressing in troubleshooting and if required perhaps troubled users can assist in someway with further data to help understand the issue.

-Abxi-

Support
Support

For this issue, AFAIK the code itself was all that was needed to determine the problem. If more information is requested to help confirm or test anything, I will post here about it.

For the patch as a whole, there are still a few things to be added, and once the content is finalized, it will require a QA period before being submitted to Focus to start the submission process with Microsoft. With 3 stages that can all run into unexpected delays or take longer than anticipated, there is no way to give an accurate ETA with a reasonable degree of confidence.

D
stranger
stranger
D
although i had to host my brother's game on my xbox one, he lives 300 miles away, it all worked out. the game is just as fun in single-player mode. just keep contactivity settings "open to anyone" and there's always someone who can connect within a 1-2 hour period. this is a game-breaker for people who have family-friends who were looking forward to playing this.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Raze

For this issue, AFAIK the code itself was all that was needed to determine the problem. If more information is requested to help confirm or test anything, I will post here about it.

For the patch as a whole, there are still a few things to be added, and once the content is finalized, it will require a QA period before being submitted to Focus to start the submission process with Microsoft. With 3 stages that can all run into unexpected delays or take longer than anticipated, there is no way to give an accurate ETA with a reasonable degree of confidence.

Cool so does that mean that issue has been resolved and there are other dependencies in the patch that still needs to be added?

Estimate based on your previous experience with earlier patches. Best time frame would be for example within 1 month if all goes well and if further issues is discovered it might take an additional month for each issue that is discovered.

-Abxi-

Support
Support

I have not gotten another update about this issue, but there are other things that still need to be added to the patch.

A month ago in this topic I gave an estimate that the patch should be released that month, possibly even that week. Despite the fact that the PS4 patch was released the next day, read back on the reaction when not only was the Xbox patch not released the next week, but went a couple days into this month. Earlier I was also basically accused of being a liar, and using an 'if all goes well' clause as 'cover'. Not that that has anything to do with not giving an ETA; it simply isn't known at this point with any confidence.

After the patch content is finalized, there will need to be a thorough QA period. Since playing through the game takes a week, QA will probably be a couple weeks. Given that there are 2 other stages to the release process, a month wouldn't be an unreasonable guess at the lower range of time to release.

Since Larian can release the PC update directly, it will likely be released first. QA can focus on the console patches first to get that process started, and then test the PC versions as the console patches go through Focus and Microsoft/Sony, but as long as there is no ETA for the PC patch, there isn't going to be an ETA for the console ones, either.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A

I have not gotten another update about this issue, but there are other things that still need to be added to the patch.

A month ago in this topic I gave an estimate that the patch should be released that month, possibly even that week. Despite the fact that the PS4 patch was released the next day, read back on the reaction when not only was the Xbox patch not released the next week, but went a couple days into this month. Earlier I was also basically accused of being a liar, and using an 'if all goes well' clause as 'cover'. Not that that has anything to do with not giving an ETA; it simply isn't known at this point with any confidence.

After the patch content is finalized, there will need to be a thorough QA period. Since playing through the game takes a week, QA will probably be a couple weeks. Given that there are 2 other stages to the release process, a month wouldn't be an unreasonable guess at the lower range of time to release.

Since Larian can release the PC update directly, it will likely be released first. QA can focus on the console patches first to get that process started, and then test the PC versions as the console patches go through Focus and Microsoft/Sony, but as long as there is no ETA for the PC patch, there isn't going to be an ETA for the console ones, either.

Alright guess its not possible to give a rough estimate, just trying to give those awesome players in deep desire to play co op with there buddies an estimated patch release date and/or timeframe.

I hear its not possible so, work hard and do your best it will be out when its done!

-Abxi-

H
stranger
stranger
H
Yeah this is too bad. The weird thing is that I have connected with my friend successfully a couple of times, but now it seems to have stopped working entirely for the last week. Looking forward to the patch.

Last edited by Holmes; 01/03/16 02:04 AM.
W
stranger
stranger
W

Hello Raze, no ETA yet ?

Support
Support

No.

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
Half a year quickly approaching and still not fixed. This is becoming a joke.

Last edited by Xanadu2015; 09/03/16 09:30 PM.
Support
Support

The console patches have been approved and should go live early Monday.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Tried it tonight and was able to connect! Couldn't believe it when it happened. Never thought it'd get fixed.

W
stranger
stranger
W
It works !!!!!!!!!!!!! Greeeeaaaaaattttt !!!!!

E
stranger
stranger
E
I havent played it yet since the patch but going by the two posts since and how they said it works i want to personally thank you for the patience you displayed. You were dealign with some very disgruntled people... Me being one of them and i just wanna say i greatly appreciate that. Goes a long way with me. Much respect to you and ty again

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Sounds great, time to get busy and start co op playing on xbox1,

GLHF!

-Abxi-

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard