Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ciccio2aone
nope i'm in Belgium and my operator is "voo", same as my friend.

do you live near gent ?

T
stranger
stranger
T
I have AT&T's gigapower Uverse.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi, i have the same problem. Cannot connect to a friends game. Always connection failed. Please help :/

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
This is starting to become frustrating.......

-
stranger
stranger
-
I just made an account to say that I am having the same problem. A friend and I have the xbox one version and we tried to play but never got anything other than the connection failed status. Found out that I could not see any of the lobbies at all when selecting the join option. Of course, I went in and adjusted everything I could on my side from the router. Nothing.

So, I uninstall the game and reinstall it. I noticed that, the first time I installed it, I was prompted to install an update. Well, that didn't happen the 2nd time to me, but it did to my friend. I noticed that after the reinstall I could see online lobbies but I still could not join any games. He couldn't either. Is there a way to check what version a game is on XB1? Maybe we have different builds of the game?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Since you stated that the only lead you have is comcast, I would like to also point out that me and my friend can't connect as well. I have att, I think he has verizon. We both also have the digital copy of the xbox marketplace. We haven't tried to connect in a few days but we may try again today.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Me and my friend are in belgium as well. I have Telenet and he has Proximus as an internet provider.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I can join others games but when I try to join a game of someone I know it says failed connection. Charter.

-
stranger
stranger
-
I have Comcast. Probably doesn't make a difference.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Is there at least an eta? Because honestly I am at the point I want to ask for a refund. The whole point I bought this game was for multiplayer and yet a week after purchase I still can't play with friends.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I agree.

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
There is no ETA until the problem can be pinpointed.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I have Time Warner and have four others of my friends are having the same issue in the same apartment complex as the rest of us. So when I hit join only two lobbies appear at any given time but its not possible to join them. I also can't connect with any friends though I do see their lobbies. When I am in my own game and attempting to connect to his via invite , it pulls up the load screen and starts to clear my game and tries to connect to his but the load bar doesn't even start. I know that is little to go on but its like the connection process isn't even starting to begin with.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Agreed with raife86. Load bar doesn't ever start. Noticed that pretty early on.

Agreed with Tetsuo, after reinstalling I didn't notice being asked for an update which I thought was odd.

Question for Larian... any reported cases for PS4? I really think the problem is Xbox related. How is the Microsoft API used? That is what I would be looking into. The only time I have connected to a game was a strangers game. when I am using Divinity solely to connect.

Whenever I invite my brother (or anyone I am friends with) the invite goes through Xbox. As soon as you invite the player, it brings up your friends screen via the xbox home. My guess it has something to do with (and as a non-programmer I apologize for my incorrect use of semantics) the address divinity is being supplied with by xbox. Some small variation is formatting that is making it so when Divinity tries to use the address, it doesn't get the response it would expect and times out (hence no progress on the loading bar).

That is one lowly internet strangers best guess... look how xbox handles its addresses and make sure formatting coincides.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
Originally Posted by ciccio2aone
nope i'm in Belgium and my operator is "voo", same as my friend.

do you live near gent ?

nope, close to namur.

Last edited by ciccio2aone; 03/11/15 10:17 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Same problem here, tried to play with a friend over Xbox live my ISP being Telenet. No success...

R
stranger
stranger
R
Same here, I can't connect to a friend nor find any game in lobby. So far this is the only game I'm having issues with multiplayer and I'm more than sure my Xbox and router are set properly.

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Hey All-
Raze pm'd me back with some questions regarding my(our) issue. Unfortunately I'm out of town and won't be back to my xbox to provide the answer to some of these for a few days. Thought I'd post and maybe some of you can provide this info to Raze since I imagine it's the same for most of us.

In order to help investigate the connection issues some people are having, can you please reply with the following (PM is fine if you provide Wetransfer / Dropbox / etc links to files; files small enough to be emailed can be sent to supportdos@larian.com):

- A video of the issue. If possible from host and guest, if not preferably the host.
- A screenshot of the connectivity setting option from the game.
- Did you play part of the game before trying to invite/play online or start with multiplayer?
- Internet service provider and country?
- Play from router or modem?
- Wifi or wire connection?
- Try to retest changing the console region to another country (to see if this may be region related).
- Is your account Gold or Silver?
- a screenshot / information about the Network settings from the console's Network settings.
See the 'Detailed network statistics' section of the page:
http://support-origin.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-settings

If you have a PC connected to the same local network as the Xbox, please download and run the tool below to check the NAT settings from the router/modem.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1hjt4hxvi2c4lp/TESTRESEAU2.zip?dl=1

Thank you. Sorry for the inconvenience; Focus and Larian are working to identify and fix the problem as quickly as we can.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I was actually able to get into s random persons game, but my friends and I still cannot play.

enthusiast
enthusiast
@people stating that they cannot get into friends games
Could you try having the friend setting the game to "open to everyone" and then join his game?

We are still actively investigating this and can reproduce connection issues, but only in the retail environment. This is making it difficult for us to track down the cause.

Last edited by Larian_QA; 04/11/15 12:50 PM.
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard