Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Zachb34 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Z
Could someone PLEASE create a enhanced edition combat speed mod? I really don't understand why this isn't in the game already.

apprentice
apprentice
Yes, please. I can't stand watching those animations. They look great, but it takes forever to defeat bunch of skeletons. Not mentioning party speed...

apprentice
apprentice
I was recently playing a game called "Eador: Masters of a Broken World".. Its a very combat heavy, turn-based game, revolving around capturing lands, building settlements, and upgrading your troops, etc. Since its so combat based, i was pleased to see that i could speed up the enemy turn.. They would still play out their animations, but at a speed of 3 times normal.. After many scenarios that are basically the same, its nice to not have to 'skip' the scene entirely, so you can see what each enemy does, and get back to your turn faster..

It not only had a sliding scale for combat speed.. from slow, to so fast that the enemy turn ends immediately, but when you hit spacebar, it would fast forward the enemy turn in real time.. Meaning you dont have to go into the options menu, and change the sliding scale.. So you have the sliding scale to set the overall combat speed, AND you can fast foward enemy turns.. Id like to see something like this, or at the very least, be able to fast forward the enemy animations.. Waiting for as many as a dozen enemies to go, sometimes 3,4, or 5 actions each, can be a real pain.. Especially when so many of them seem to hiccup, and wait for 10seconds or so, before ending the turn..

old hand
old hand
Someone dedicated might be able to take all the animations into some software, speed them up by 50-75%, and connect the skills with the sped up animations. Probably a lot of work though. A global modifier would be so nice. It would also sure save Larian a crapload of time testing combat scenarios.

It might be easy to at least speed up enemy run speed (like the player run speed mod). I'll look into it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
If i may leave a note, assuming this ever gets made;

- Combat animation speeds (how long before an ability is actually cast)

- Movement speed

Two --wholy different-- things.
If anyone gets down to making such a mod (which i fervently wish for), please please do not mix these two in a typical all-in-one mod smile
For this kind of RPG, with this type of camera perspective, the movement speed is more than O.K. I can understand if people used to other kind of RPGs find it slow, but for this type, it's fine as it is.

Please give the clueless people (like myself) the option to alter one without changing the other as well smile

Pride, honour and purity

Link Copied to Clipboard