Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Azliet Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
When I open a door, the game will display the loading screen with tips but on many occasion it get stuck there and never gives me the next zone. I left the game running for 5min on that screen and it never moved on.

When that happens, I have to force the game to close via the task manager and then relaunch the game.

I'm running a PC that is far far more powerful than the recommended specs. I'm now running Windows 10 but I was having the same issue with Window 7.

Support
Support

When it hangs, did you try exiting the game using Alt-F4?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls have also caused conflicts during loading screens.

Try starting the game directly from the '..\divinity2_dev_cut\bin' folder: Divinity2.exe is the normal mode, while Divinity2-debug.exe has the optional 'Developer Mode' cheat menu. Right click the executable, select Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab and check off the option to run as administrator, and try XP compatibility mode, or something. One person in Win 7 reported getting past a hanging loading screen by switching to XP SP2 mode and disabling Desktop Composition.

Did you try changing graphics options, etc (in the advanced graphics options, maybe try disabling 'Use multicore' or enabling 'Lockstep mode').

You could try setting the game to run in windowed mode, by editing the file below in a text editor and changing the one to a zero in Fullscreen="1".
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Profile\graphicoptions.xml

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/
(covers Vista through Win 10)

K
stranger
stranger
K
Im having the exact same problem and I have tried everything above and nothing worked. I could open some buildings but after a few doors I would get stuck in the loading screen. Its really annoying I really wanna play this game. But its near impossible with these loading screens.

Support
Support

Does it matter if you are entering a building / cave / hatch or leaving?

Is this random, or are some types of areas more likely to hang?

If you are playing the Developer's Cut version of the game, try (in the Developer Mode version) hitting F11 to bring up the cheat window, then use 'goto Region' to get to the main region you are in ('BrokenValley_2 Main' for the start of the game), or 'gotoCharacter' and teleport to an NPC where you want to go.
Does that make a difference, or does the game still hang on the loading screen?

One person recently reported getting this problem leaving small areas, but only after getting to the end section of the game. Reloading an earlier save fixed the issue.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Its random, entering buildings, going out side, going through hatches. It just stays on the loading screen, the learning icon still spins but its stays there for ever. usually it just opens the new area within seconds. Ive currently only got the second area, where you approach a town to investigate a dragon sighting. It is that town I cant explore without having a hang at least every 4-5 loading screens.

Here is what ive tried so far.

Played around with Compatibility settings on exe (change admin on/off + ran in XP SP2 + WIN7)

Turned off SLI

Turned off Multicore + other processor option (forgotten the name)

ran the game in both debug + vanilla

ran the game off HDD + SSD

**I have just played around with teleport in the Debug mode, and I am unable to make it hang so it must be to do with the doors/hatches/going out side transition.

Support
Support

Did anything you try effect the frequency of the hangs?

If you quicksave and quickload can you go another 4 or 5 loading screens? Exiting and restarting would presumably reset the count, at least.

Unfortunately, even if it wasn't inconvenient to use the Developer Mode teleport functions frequently, there are some story and quest events triggered when entering or leaving certain areas (such as entering the Black Boar tavern the first time), which you would miss doing that.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Going through the same thing loading screen gets stuck when leaving a building. Tried the tips nothing works.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Okay, just tried the quick save/load idea, and managed to open around 6-8 doors in a row via quick loading, but after the 3rd quick load I opened one door and it hanged. Its so random its hard to pinpoint whats going on. I really appreciate your help but its so annoying I've only just been enlightened to this game and i really intreged by it but this bug is making it near impossible. Heres my system specs if you need it.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
I7 4790K
2x GTX 780Ti (SLI OFF)
16GB Ram
120GB SSD (OS) 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD (Games)

I'm glad i'm not the only one having this issue.

Support
Support

I checked with a few other people, but unfortunately nobody could think of anything that hadn't already been tried or suggested.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I have the same issue with a similar gaming setup - Windows 10 Pro, 64b, fairly high-end gaming machine. I just started re-playing, and don't remember having any trouble with my old Win 7 machine (may even be older than that, I don't remember when I first bought the game). The best workaround I have found is to hotkey the quicksave, and hit it every time I am about to go through a door or to another area. It seems to happen less when I do that, in fact, it's pretty rare now when it gets stuck if I do that every time. It does seem more pronounced in the beginning of the game in the Broken Valley village.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I have the same issue, also on Windows 10. I'm guessing it's a Windows 10 issue frown

I don't really expect Larian to patch the game at this late stage, but it really sucks that it's broken for posterity frown

Last edited by Aerothorn; 29/08/15 08:12 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
I had this problem on Windows 10, gave up on it, but tried it again recently with updated Nvidia drivers and had multicore on and Lockstep mode on (Under options). Haven't had the problem since.

Lockstep seemed to be the key, I think.

Support
Support

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully that will help others with this problem.

Support
Support

Someone in the Steam forum reported that the 4GB Patch fixed this problem.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
This is confirmed working on Windows 10. Thank you very much =)

Support
Support

One person with this issue in Windows 10 reported that LockStepMode and 4GB Patch did not help, but they were able to fix the problem by disabling VSync and running the game in XP SP2 compatibility mode.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I've been playing D2:DC the last few days, and had been running with multicore/lockstep on, and I was getting the infinite load in about 10% of cases. This was in the original part of the game.

Without starting a new FoV campaign I just went into the expansion from the savegame of my ED game. Suddenly I was getting the infinite loading screen at slightly over 50% of all transitions. It was maddening.

So I ran the 4GB patch, turned off VSync, disabled and re-enabled multi-core/lockstep, disabled bloom and depth of field (those just from personal choice more than tech).

And now it's fine again on Win 10, 64 bit. I had intermittent choppiness with and without VSync before, but after the 4GB patch it's completely smooth.

Haven't had a transition issue since last night. Here's hoping that finishing of FoV today won't see another.

Love thy neighbor -- with salt, pepper, and a good marinade.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard