Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Hi all, the absolute most important thing to me for Divinity Original Sin: EE is the ability to be able to learn all of the skills once I've put the required number of skill points in the skill.

For example, once you put 5 skill points into a skill (such as Man-At-Arms), you'll be able to learn 6 Novice Skills, 4 Adept Skills, and 2 Master Skills. However, once I've put in 5 skill points into the skill, I want to be able to learn all of the novice, adept, and master skills available.

I do understand this can disrupt the balance of the game (since the game is balanced around the cooldown of skills), however I would balance this out in that I would never use more than 2 master skills in any fight (for example), but I would be able to at least choose from which 2 I would use in the fight.

The need for this is to simply increase the variety in the game, and to help with my OCD tendencies of being extremely frustrated that I can't have all of the skills and can only choose from a few of them :-) I'm pulling my hair out lol.

I would assume (perhaps ignorantly) that there is some code in the game that simply says how many skills a player can have per the number of skill points they have in the skill school, and I would like to adjust that number if possible. I will do any amount of coding and work necessary to make that happen.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

- John

old hand
old hand
The only way I can think to do this right now is to edit all the skills you want so they have no ability requirement, learn them, and then return their ability requirements to normal. Kind of a pain, but I don't think it'd take that long to do for a handful of skills.

You'll have to get Norbyte's extractor (on this forum), unpack Game.pak (I think, or maybe it's Main.pak), and find the file Public/Shared/Stats/Generated/Data/Skilldata.txt. Open this with Notepad++, and maybe all the skills you want have "None" under Ability and Element.

For example, change:

new entry "Projectile_Silence"
type "SkillData"
data "SkillType" "Projectile"
data "Ability" "Defensive"
data "Element" "Source"
data "Tier" "Adept"

To:

new entry "Projectile_Silence"
type "SkillData"
data "SkillType" "Projectile"
data "Ability" "None"
data "Element" "None"
data "Tier" "Adept"

Put this file in your game directory/data with the same folder structure as you find in the extracted pak. You can see this in my mod, Scales, if you want a reference. (I wouldn't use my skilldata.txt unless you want my changes).

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/68/?

Then, you'll be able to go in and learn all the skills you don't know and they'll appear under the "Special" tab in your skills list. Once you know all the skills you want, you'll have to save and quit your game and edit the skilldata.txt again and revert all the "None"s to whatever they were before, or the skills won't scale with your stats correctly. I think this should work, but I'd just test it with one skill first to make sure it works right before you do it with a bunch of skills.

There is a line in the data.txt (in the same folder as the skilldata.txt) with the line

key "Skills Per Ability Point","2"

But I can't figure out what this does. Changing it doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell. It doesn't even make sense, since you can learn 3 skills for 1 point, not 2.

Good luck. Hopefully you figure it out.

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Excellent, I'll hopefully have time to give it a shot this weekend and I'll report back with my findings.

In the meantime, might anybody have luck seeing if there's a quick number we can change in the code to set how many skills are learnable at a time per skill point in the various skills?

Thanks all!

- John

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hello

I'd be very happy to be able to have this feature back also. I've looked around in the game and main paks, but I can't find any table for the number of skills available for each skill level. Closest I found was the data file in MAIN.PAK\Public\Shared\Stats\Generated\Data but it dfoesn't have the relevant info. Does anyone know where the relevant table could be found ? Is it even in the main or game PAK ?

Apylam

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
@apylam Unfortunately I'm not sure!

@Baardvark Your method worked perfectly! Appreciate the help very much hehe

S
stranger
stranger
S
Do you think I could have some assistance with this? I'm not sure why, but I am unable to unpack Game.pak or Main.pak with Norbyte's extractor. I'm not really sure why. I have the latest version, I have all the prerequisite programs installed, so I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Shtoops

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Hm, are you sure you want to get back into this ?

The line in Data.txt is most likely a leftover from classic. EE was done in absolute hurry and there was little to no cleanup.

When I tested some of that stuff in Data.txt - among them 'Skills Per Ability Point' - I could not see any change. None at all. I think that is hardcoded in the .exe.

Anyway, you have to either describe more specific what you did or post your question in the EE extractor thread (with more specific info), because the big boss himself (Norbyte) frequents this thread.

Link Copied to Clipboard